• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

The Dude

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yea, it's strange, but I totally get the opposite POV...Does it matter who made it? It's either valid or not. Doesn't matter who said it.

In a way yes. At least to me. There’s an etiquette for a community to follow and if it’s a contractor, I’d like to know if he’s so low that he will report others to drive business away. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

In a way yes. At least to me. There’s an etiquette for a community to follow and if it’s a contractor, I’d like to know if he’s so low that he will report others to drive business away. 

Oh yeah, I get that part. But as far as the town goes, they're only interested in the legality of it, and they're going to protect people's privacy. 

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

Going through this now, I think that if its multiple complaints that their should be a name to it, and they should back it up.  This is all anonymous that is f'n with someone for no apparent reason other than to cause issues.  Every complaint that I had found I was not in violation, construction work after hours, construction work until 9:00 PM, construction work on the weekends, all found non-existent and complaints closed....finally the last 2 complaints had the words plumbing or electrical in it and was categorized in those sections, and now forced an inspector to come and basically issue a summons that a inspection will need to be done.  

complaints: 

I was haired to do the work no permit for the job so I lefthe say he'll di it him self (I haven't talked to anyone about any job)

there's was permit yet I was was haired to do electricianwork yet no permit for the work so I left and called (huh)

2 family residential building construction is working afterhours without permits. They work from 5pm to about 9pm during theweek & on Sundays from 7:30am to 3pm or 4pm or later. Building is (I'm in bed around 8:00 PM)

NO VIOLATION WARRANTED FOR COMPLAINT AT TIME OF INSPECTION 
Comments:   I-2, NO VIOLATION WARRANTED FOR COMPLAINT AT TIME OF INSPECTION. NO JACKHAMMERING OR AFTER HOURS WORK NOTED AT TIME OF INSPECTION.

I completely get the frustration. But it's the town's job to investigate these false claims, and if it's the same person making the claim over and over with nothing to back it up, then the town will deal with that, or they should deal with that, without you needing to know who it is.

From their POV, if they tell you who it is and you go shoot the guy, they are liable.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh yeah, I get that part. But as far as the town goes, they're only interested in the legality of it, and they're going to protect people's privacy. 

Yeah but I have no love lost for the town. I once got a fine for having a car with no plates in my own driveway because there was no car cover on it. This was my old house. Luckily now I live in an incorporated village so any issue they just speak with you first and give a heads up. 

50 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah but I have no love lost for the town. I once got a fine for having a car with no plates in my own driveway because there was no car cover on it. This was my old house. Luckily now I live in an incorporated village so any issue they just speak with you first and give a heads up. 

Thats effed up. 

On 8/17/2023 at 8:33 PM, Pete said:

I completely get the frustration. But it's the town's job to investigate these false claims, and if it's the same person making the claim over and over with nothing to back it up, then the town will deal with that, or they should deal with that, without you needing to know who it is.

From their POV, if they tell you who it is and you go shoot the guy, they are liable.

"Haired". 

On 8/17/2023 at 8:37 PM, Keirik said:

Sounds like good ole Town of Brookhaven bullshit at its best

• Keeps it 100 1

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Greatest part was that I got a car cover and it was stolen the next night. 

So you can have an unregistered car; it just needs to be covered?

Towns will make $$ anyway they can. I understand the concern of unregistered vehicles overtaking a property and trying to handle that issue but is a bunch of covered unregistered vehicles really serving that purpose? 

Does the town sell the covers too?

8 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Towns will make $$ anyway they can. I understand the concern of unregistered vehicles overtaking a property and trying to handle that issue but is a bunch of covered unregistered vehicles really serving that purpose? 

There is a reason most homeowners call our town Crookhaven.

• Keeps it 100 1

we cleared up our bug problem only to then get a mouse problem (someone mentioned to me that the super heavy rains we've gotten upstate have forced more mice inside, but i think its more about kids leaving crumbs everywhere lol)

My new humane way of killing mice we get in glue traps is to put them in a paper bag, then put the bag under the wheel of my car and backup right over them. thankfully our exterminator we have a contract with covers the mice in the same plan as the other bugs but it never fuckin ends!

if anyone needs an exterminator on contract i do not reccomend Terminex. they miss appointments and you cant talk to a local person, only to a call center somewhere else. on top of that the termite trap they installed didnt actually trap them and was just a monitoring station so they could tell us we did have termites but those termites were still free to explore our home

6 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

we cleared up our bug problem only to then get a mouse problem (someone mentioned to me that the super heavy rains we've gotten upstate have forced more mice inside, but i think its more about kids leaving crumbs everywhere lol)

My new humane way of killing mice we get in glue traps is to put them in a paper bag, then put the bag under the wheel of my car and backup right over them. thankfully our exterminator we have a contract with covers the mice in the same plan as the other bugs but it never fuckin ends!

if anyone needs an exterminator on contract i do not reccomend Terminex. they miss appointments and you cant talk to a local person, only to a call center somewhere else. on top of that the termite trap they installed didnt actually trap them and was just a monitoring station so they could tell us we did have termites but those termites were still free to explore our home

I had a tree fall on my garage and have a bees nest under my siding. It never ends Indeed

13 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

It was just one unregistered car in the driveway closest to my garage (4 car driveway.) yeah, if it has no plates it apparently has to be under a car cover at all times. Now mind you, it wasn’t a rusted out broken down flat tire hunk of junk. It was a 2005 Saab and this was 2010. Just plain ball busters. I sold the car a week later. 

• 2 weeks later...