• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 NHL Entry Draft – Movin' On Up into the Top-Five – Live Discussion

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't want to lose my mind over 18 year olds who haven't done anything yet. K boy was projected to be 1st rounder and one that might still have been had with one of the back end picks. Not gonna pretend I've spent bandwidth and time analyzing this to any certainty. But BIG BUT looks like a scout falling in love with a player and not considering relative value in draft position. Hope I'm wrong. K boy is listed as 6'3", figure he's gonna get bigger. Above all you wonder with Russian KHL guys what is the timetable, what kind of adjustment. See a lot of talent in Buch that didn't appear to get fully used under AV, but is that the coach or the expected adjustment? Gotta figure with Whalstrom there would not have been these kinds of concerns at all. And-lucky us-we get a front row seat of seeing him up close on MSG II.

Gut punch, NY Post-

"Kravtsov played 35 games this season for Traktor Chelyabinsk, putting up four goals and seven points and winning the Alexei Cherepanov Award as the league’s Rookie of the Year."

Gift-wrapped it for the Isles.

It's really remarkable, almost magical, how reliable it is. Every time we've had a top 10 pick, we INSIST on going off the board. Like when both Dobson and Wahlstrom were out there, I said, "oh no. We'll take neither." I wasn't even joking. It's amazing how you can continue to think you know better when your track record has proven you don't.

I don't care about rationalizations. I don't want to hear about the mitigating factors. I don't want to hear equivocating and emotional damage-control. I don't care that he was the KHL rookie of the year. I don't care that his contract with the KHL is the reason he wasn't ranked in the top 10. Take the best player available, or trade down. Because at least then you can say, "anybody else would have made the same mistake." Unlike, you know, McIlrath, Lias, etc.

That was a question I was gonna ask of Krat fans, with just 4 goals how is he a goal scoring prospect?

KHL has a different approach to playing prospects. He had 1 - 8 minutes a game, until the playoffs . He had great growth throughout the season, too

KHL has a different approach to playing prospects. He had 1 - 8 minutes a game, until the playoffs . He had great growth throughout the season, too

Yep. He came alive in the playoffs. Started to be trusted with PP and PK time. Didn't show any struggle despite more and more responsibility.

Archived