• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 NHL Entry Draft – Movin' On Up into the Top-Five – Live Discussion

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mmmm, USHL equates to any CHL league.

And the US national dev team destroys any other team in the world on developing top prospects.

You have no valid points here.

Yeah, lots Green Bay Gamblers and Des Moines Buccaneers flying off the board here. Famous for their development of NHL'ers.

Congrats that the US hockey fake junior team does so well, but it's not an actual hockey club. I imagine if Hockey Canada did something similar, they'd have similar success. Whoopdee doo.

There's another pattern here too. Going for character, going for two-way players, and ending up with the same thing you ended up with in 2010-2015. A good team, with a lot of solid players, and no game-breaking talent. And then when we realize we have no game-breaking talent, we'll spend to the cap on every July 1st, we'll move futures for that "one last piece," because all we need is that star player, and guess what? We'll fall short again. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Exactly how I feel. But you forgot to add the fire sale of mediocre talent, and the resigning to long term deals for a new crop of mediocre Hayes like players.

Why the fuck not go with BPA for once?

The point is why do they have to out smart the room. Not once,every time they pick in the top 10. Kravtsov maybe great but Dobson and wahlstrom have extremely high ceilings and are pretty safe. If the rangers didn’t take him at 9 hed probably still be in the board now at 18. Dobson and wahlstrom are no way ever falling that far.

Yeah, lots Green Bay Gamblers and Des Moines Buccaneers flying off the board here. Famous for their development of NHL'ers.

Congrats that the US hockey fake junior team does so well, but it's not an actual hockey club. I imagine if Hockey Canada did something similar, they'd have similar success. Whoopdee doo.

How's that US national dev team do for prospects?

Asking for a friend

tall,Skinny and Gangly like AA

Hope he can keep his head up

Looks super skilled,im happy.Many people didnt want Wahlstrom and now that we passed up on him everyone complaining.....UNreal

Seems to play well defensively as well by all accounts.

Rookie of the year in the KHL is a pretty big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seems to play well defensively as well by all accounts.

Rookie of the year in the KHL is a pretty big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Different type of players. Kravstov has much better hands and offensive skills than Anisimov. Not really a defensive player, but he can play well enough defensively.

Archived