• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 ECF | Tampa Bay Rangers (A1) vs Washington Capitals (M1)

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

Incorrect. This isn't difficult.

If Rangers, then Rangers.

If no Rangers, then whichever story I gravitate towards.

The latter can be influenced based on what can happen with the Rangers, but require it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ironically you?re the one making it difficult with your reasoning, the result drastically impacts the Rangers.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Drastically".

If Tampa wins the Cup, they get the 31st pick this year and their first the following season. What, exactly, about the Bolts' roster makes you think next year's squad aren't a lock for the playoffs, if not the Cup Final again?

Call me skeptical for thinking a couple of 31st overall picks—effectively second-rounders—is likely to dramatically affect the Rangers' future.

Ironically you’re the one making it difficult with your reasoning, the result drastically impacts the Rangers.

the reasoning isn’t difficult, it’s just different than yours. if we were talking about a top 5 pick for a generational talent, there would be a bigger impact

"Drastically".

If Tampa wins the Cup, they get the 31st pick this year and their first the following season. What, exactly, about the Bolts' roster makes you think next year's squad aren't a lock for the playoffs, if not the Cup Final again?

Call me skeptical for thinking a couple of 31st overall picks?effectively second-rounders?is likely to dramatically affect the Rangers' future.

A difference of 31 picks, I?ll take that any day. And that?s if no one gets hurt and Tampa finishes lower in the standings. Remember, it?s a lonnnnnggggg season, anything can happen.

the reasoning isn?t difficult, it?s just different than yours. if we were talking about a top 5 pick for a generational talent, there would be a bigger impact

There?s a possibility that could be the case, yes I understand it?s unlikely but still a possibility. Did anyone here expect the Rangers to be in the lottery draft this year and trade McD at the deadline when the season started?

the reasoning isn’t difficult, it’s just different than yours. if we were talking about a top 5 pick for a generational talent, there would be a bigger impact

And I'd have made this LightningBrotherhood.com for the entire playoff run.

A difference of 31 picks, I’ll take that any day. And that’s if no one gets hurt and Tampa finishes lower in the standings. Remember, it’s a lonnnnnggggg season, anything can happen.

Sure, but that cuts the same way your point about the Rangers' finishing as low as they did does. Hope isn't a strategy. It's a marketing ploy. And a temporary one at that.

Plus, if I'm being brutally honest, I'd rather not have to suffer through the summer of takes that Girardi, McDonagh, Callahan and the rest of the Rangers' cast offs winning with Tampa would produce. Plus, shattering the stupidity that paints the greatest goal scorer of this generation as a choke artist is just juicy. Can't pass it up.

Plus, if I'm being brutally honest, I'd rather not have to suffer through the summer of takes that Girardi, McDonagh, Callahan and the rest of the Rangers' cast offs winning with Tampa would produce. Plus, shattering the stupidity that paints the greatest goal scorer of this generation as a choke artist is just juicy. Can't pass it up.

I?m over the former Rangers, I?m geared 100% towards the rebuild and what?s best for it.

i’m rooting for washington by the same rationale that i rooted for bourque when he went to the avalanche. ovechkin has been one of the greats and this may be his last good chance to win a cup

Because I'd like to see Ovechkin win a Cup. As a hockey fan (which I am first), I care about that more than the Rangers getting another first. I'm a Rangers fan second.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I completely understand those rationales, and with NYR having stuffed the Capitals' hopes numerous times since Holtby entered the league, I feel for the franchise as we've had many worthy battles, and I'd root for Ovechkin & Co. against the Knights, I think ... , but

... back to those many worthy battles over the decade or so -- unfinished business, if you will (or if you won't, too) ... they involved McDonagh, Girardi, Callahan, Stralman, and I think Miller, and those are the guys I am rooting for again in this round...while the wyffe roots for the Caps to keep it interesting. I know some of them are long-time not Rangers anymore, but there's still a connection to those old hopes with dried blood or old bloodstains that won't wash out on them. I'd especially like to see Girardi win a cup, then McDonagh, Callahan and Stralman.

But ... that Tampa Team faces gut check time, as they were manhandled out of that last game. Capitals looked like a cornered, wounded tiger — better be ready.

I?m over the former Rangers, I?m geared 100% towards the rebuild and what?s best for it.

Am I allowed to keep agreeing with you today?

Good thing I wasn't here earlier or we would have double teamed Phil and I'd hate to do that while he is menstruating like Ovi's bitch.

BTW, I'm very pessimistic. The Caps look menacing. I agree with something I heard. Tampa scores first and the Caps will be relentless. Caps score first and Tampa is in trouble. Hate to say it, but I'm finding it difficult to imagine the Bolts winning tonight. Should make it even more exciting in a way.

I'm desperate for the extra first and am dying for a win. It's fun to root for McD and Stralman again.

Blue, love your post. One thing though. Stralman is the man! Sather screwed him, the team and the fans by not understanding his value and treating him like some meh defensemen. Still pisses me off. He did not want to leave and did not try to hold the team up for big money. Sather basically forfeited him.

In 2014 Stralman was to us what Zubov was to us in 94. And we fucked up with both of them.

Go Stralman, Go Tampa.

Archived