• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 ECF | Tampa Bay Rangers (A1) vs Washington Capitals (M1)

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Florida Fab Five are on the cusp of propelling Tampa to a chance at the elusive Stanley Cup. Anyone watching this series can now witness why the NYR made a bonehead decision in dumping #24 for a soon to be retired MSL. All five of the exiled ex-NYR starters have been instrumental in getting the Tampa Rangers to this point.

Go Rangers!!

Idk why but I found myself hoping for a Washington comeback last night. I think I would actually prefer Washington advance if not for us getting another 1st if TB wins the cup. Weird.

I actually want the Caps to win a Cup, I would like to see Ovechkin win.

But I want to be assured of Tampa's pick even more.

cut.jpg

TAMPA -- Ryan Callahan went to the net knowing he'd end up getting crunched. As if that was going to stop the Tampa Bay Lightning right wing.

Callahan did get crunched, hard and legally by Washington Capitals left wing Alex Ovechkin. He still scored, the puck going off his right hand and into the net 33 seconds into the second period Saturday. He celebrated from his knees, in the right corner. He slid that far.

"He's that character guy that really is willing to sacrifice anything for the betterment of the team," Lightning captain Steven Stamkos said of Callahan. "You can't have enough of those guys."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the guy that was dumped by an egotistical GM, for an aging malcontent that wasn't " happy " in Tampa any longer. Geez. Wonder which team has benefitted so far. Thanx Cigar Man.

Didn't read the whole article. I bet no mention of his disgusting cap hit.

Obviously IF they win a Cup flushing that $ in the Cally toilet was "worth it" so they'll say.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Callahan has been a nonfactor his enitre post ranger career outiside of a handful of games. To suggest he's even remotely responsible for anything Tampa is doing now is asinine.

When having moments of nostalgia in terms of hockey, salary and day in/day out play aren’t what immediately comes to mind. You tend to remember the positives aspects of things. Cally was a heart and soul guy. As was Drury. Time has separated me from the negative aspects of their tenure and I really now only remember some of the huge plays both of those guys made. I don’t miss everything about them, but you miss aspects of their game and the both of them (and numerous other former rangers) have some very memorable moments whilst wearing a NYR sweater. I miss the good memories associated with that.

Callahan has been a nonfactor his enitre post ranger career outiside of a handful of games. To suggest he's even remotely responsible for anything Tampa is doing now is asinine.

I'm asinine? The nerve. Try reading some of the comments from his coach and team mates before making silly statements. Injuries aside, Capt. Cally has been an instrumental part of this team since he was dumped by a GM that had a snit-fit.

When having moments of nostalgia in terms of hockey, salary and day in/day out play aren?t what immediately comes to mind. You tend to remember the positives aspects of things. Cally was a heart and soul guy. As was Drury. Time has separated me from the negative aspects of their tenure and I really now only remember some of the huge plays both of those guys made. I don?t miss everything about them, but you miss aspects of their game and the both of them (and numerous other former rangers) have some very memorable moments whilst wearing a NYR sweater. I miss the good memories associated with that.
Good post. I hear you.

My bad for coming down so hard.

Personally, my fondest memories this decade are post-Cally trade, the run in 2014 and then the next season. Guys like Richards, MSL, Boyle, Brassard. I remember being so happy for Richards winning the Cup again with the Hawks. The comeback in round 2 in 2014 vs. the Pens down 3-1 may be the height of my NYR euphoria this decade, shit was magical.

I actually want the Caps to win a Cup, I would like to see Ovechkin win. But I want to be assured of Tampa's pick even more.
I feel the same way. Although what good really is the 30th pick overall, right ?

Hard to believe we only get it if they win The Cup, not reach the Finals or Conf. Finals. Gordon didn't get alot considering what we gave up.

I feel the same way. Although what good really is the 30th pick overall, right ?

Hard to believe we only get it if they win The Cup, not reach the Finals or Conf. Finals. Gordon didn't get alot considering what we gave up.

It's 31 picks better than the other option.

the condition is this season and next season, correct?

Gorton did get a lot considering McD is an oft-injured defender who was already hurt when we traded him.

Look at it from Yzerman's POV. That squad was likely making the finals, if not the conf finals without McD. He's the piece they got to put them over the top.

Archived