• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 ECF | Tampa Bay Rangers (A1) vs Washington Capitals (M1)

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for tb game one of the boston series all over again. caps have had to work much harder to advance this far and are much more engaged in this game so far.

You could be right Fletch, but I am stunned all the same; TB looks too much like another blue shirt team that?s out of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It took me about a sixteenth of a second to be sure I could not root against Girardi, Mc D., Stralman, Miller, Cally, etc.

How could it not. Stralman alone is motivation. Many of these guys laid it all out for the Rangers and we rooted hard for them. To boot, I finally bought property on the Gulf and get to see Tampa enough to enjoy the Gulf Coast Rangers. They play a fun, fast brand of hockey. Plus, there is some Ranger pride, when socializing down there.

Then there is that small matter of another 1st round pick. This may be the first time the Rangers actually have a rooting interest in a playoff we are not in. Are you not hardcore? How is this even a question? Almost all the viable top 9 forwards or top 4 D are gone in the first 35 to 40 picks, every draft. Tampa winning gives the Rangers an additional key ELC versus a longshot lottery ticket.

You could be right Fletch, but I am stunned all the same; TB looks too much like another blue shirt team that’s out of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Based on game one of the TB-Boston series you could reasonably conclude that Boston was going to dominate that series. We've just seen one game, where TB looked terrible in the first two periods. But they looked a lot better in the third period, so I would be surprised if it isn't a long series.

Does TB have to win the Cup or reach the Finals for us to get the #1 ?

If it's the former, then Gorton/Sather have really gotten taken to the cleaners by TB the last few years.

Win the cup. Then the 2019 2nd becomes a 2019 1st if I understand correctly.

Oh Good Grief...talk about getting hosed.

WTF is it with our GM's dealing with Yzerman ?

I think that's a little dramatic...we have their first this year and we get an ADDITIONAL first if they win a cup this year or next.

I think that's a little dramatic...we have their first this year and we get an ADDITIONAL first if they win a cup this year or next.
It's just such a steep threshold.....I think reaching the Conference Finals (Final 4 of the NHL) is a nice level....you want to go 1 level beyond and insist on reaching the Finals, I could live with that.

But having to WIN The Cup ? Ugghhh........It's no-lose for TB. Win a Stanley Cup, who cares about your picks the next 3 years ?

But we got another 1st round pick (this year) too.

And this pick in question is next year's pick. So they could, possibly, win the Cup this year and then miss the playoffs or do poorly next year, giving us a nice pick. Or they could lose this year and win next year. Either way, it's better than a 2nd round pick!

four goals on pretty much unstoppable shots. are save pct or gaa telling the whole story? wish there was a bad goals stat or some other way to parse

If you watch the game like you are currently doing, you don’t need the stat sheet.

Archived