• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 ECF | Tampa Bay Rangers (A1) vs Washington Capitals (M1)

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great snipe from ovechkin to get things started, holtby held the lightning off when the ice tilted in their favor, great fight from tom wilson when coburn discarded the caps jersey on the ice, surprise goals from burkavosky, full team effort

Shocking that TBL manages to get SHUTOUT in the two biggest games of the season including one on home ice. Abso-fucking-lutely shocking. A team with all the amazing scorers they had? Unreal. Only explanation I have for this is that Washington stepped their game up a gazillion notches due to pure heart, determination and desperation. They clearly wanted this more and had another level in them especially guys like Ovechkin and Holtby. Respect.

Who woulda thunk it? 160 mins. without a goal by Tampa. Talk about a complete reversal from the regular season. Tampa, led by The Fab Five, folded up and stopped playing after being up 3-2. good for the Caps. Can they will their way to victory over Vegas? Not sure about that given the aura surrounding the Knights. gonna be a real interesting series. Goaltending may prove to be the difference.

Never forget Tampa beating NY at MSG in game 7.

Fuck those motherfuckers. May they fail every fucking year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Never forget the Caps beating the Rangers in Game 7 in 2008-09 after the NYR having a 3 games to 1 lead and Torts deciding to throw a water bottle at a fan.

On the scoreboard TB beat the Rangers however the Rangers got beat b/c they didnt show up in Game 7 just like how TB lost to the Caps yesterday. Rangers came into Game 7 with too much swagger, took it for granted b/c they "never" lose a game 7 and figured the puck would bounce their way.

Putting rivalries aside, that was 100% deserved for the Caps.

Clearly the better team throughout the series, and I'm not going to lie - I'm happy for Ovi.

Even though I wanted the pick this Bolts team leaves me cold and has done all season.

Archived