• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie: Rangers Could Trade Picks for 21- to 23-Year-Old

Mr.wiskers

Thanks for considering 40 young.

40 IS young, my good man!!!

I'd drag my nuts through 100 yards of broken glass to be 40 again!!! :lol:

....as a matter of fact I think I have a pair of work boots that are 40!!!! (I know! ...time to get new work boots!!!)....but shit dude, I'm gonna 51 next Saturday and I gotta tell you, I still feel young....and kinda look it...unless I let my beard grow in. But I'm finding out things don't work the same as you get into that Five-Oh range!!!

It's like if I bought my body at Macy's, I'd bring it back and be happy I saved the receipt!!! LOL

Enjoy it now my man, I'd kill to go back and do the last 10 all over again!!! =)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for considering 40 young.

I prefer the terms aware or progressive.

If you're sitting here clamoring for a "stay at home crease clearing defenseman" then you haven't been paying attention to the league for the last decade.

McIlrath would be a top 2 pair guy with a 12 year NHL career rather than a guy trying to stay in the NHL if he was born 15 years earlier.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/featured_big/public/media/ap/2017/05/07/a047148a5d8d4bd3a184b2510b0e576c.jpg?itok=Y28GT7rf

Looking at this picture makes me wonder if the Rangers had beaten Ottawa last year and into ECF would they have proceeded with the rebuild this year?

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/featured_big/public/media/ap/2017/05/07/a047148a5d8d4bd3a184b2510b0e576c.jpg?itok=Y28GT7rf

I didn?t necessarily say he?s good at it.

The point is, he belongs to a foregone era.

The game isn't different than it ever was (not counting equipment to help people keep their teeth). The difference is in what the younger players can do because of better training, better nutrition, better education and not being guests playing in the wilds of Canada's Junior Leagues. The play is the same, keep your stick on the ice, play within the system, take the body not the puck, stand up for your teammates and more. By the way, were you even born when the Rangers won their last cup? I know that you young folks think you run the world and that us geezers don't know anything about anything. But just think of where you would be if it wasn't for us.

The game isn't different than it ever was (not counting equipment to help people keep their teeth). The difference is in what the younger players can do because of better training, better nutrition, better education and not being guests playing in the wilds of Canada's Junior Leagues. The play is the same, keep your stick on the ice, play within the system, take the body not the puck, stand up for your teammates and more. By the way, were you even born when the Rangers won their last cup? I know that you young folks think you run the world and that us geezers don't know anything about anything. But just think of where you would be if it wasn't for us.

You sure its better training and not the fact they've officiated clutching, grabbing, hooking, and slashing out of the game? You actually have to move your feet these days instead of just hanging on to your man or beating the crap out of him with your stick.

40 IS young, my good man!!!

I'd drag my nuts through 100 yards of broken glass to be 40 again!!! :lol:

....as a matter of fact I think I have a pair of work boots that are 40!!!! (I know! ...time to get new work boots!!!)....but shit dude, I'm gonna 51 next Saturday and I gotta tell you, I still feel young....and kinda look it...unless I let my beard grow in. But I'm finding out things don't work the same as you get into that Five-Oh range!!!

It's like if I bought my body at Macy's, I'd bring it back and be happy I saved the receipt!!! LOL

Enjoy it now my man, I'd kill to go back and do the last 10 all over again!!! =)

Young whippersnapper, years go by fast on this forum. I hit 57 this year and I?m wondering how the heck that happened. Suffering through the Bobby Holik era seems like yesterday, as does Phil Esposito behind the bench and Guy Lafleur on the ice. But, for all that, I?m probably more physically active with sports than any time I can remember. Including high school sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived