• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie: Rangers Could Trade Picks for 21- to 23-Year-Old

Mr.wiskers

By the way, here is my starting lineup for players still active who were with the Blueshirts before being sent packing. Not too shabby when you consider that Raanta is the back up goaltender. What did we get for this lot? GGG

Nash - Stepan - Lindberg

Hagelin - Miller - Callahan

Dubinsky - Boyle - Stepniak

Moore - Brassard - Grabner

Holden - Stralman

McDonagh - Girardi

Falk - Yandle

Talbot

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gorton doesn't have a clue to which player to even look for. I have noticed that there was a thread about firing the coach. V had nothing to do with the trades which decimated the team (including buying out Girardi). Gorton traded or gave up on, MacDonough, Stralman, Holden and Girardi. Three of them are playing for Tampa Bay (110 points) and Holden is with Boston (also 110 points). What did he get in return? Nothing for Girardi and "19 year olds" for the rest. The man hasn't got a clue how to build a team but he is very "corporately" correct in the eyes of management. Will he dump Zuck and Krieder in the off season? For more draft picks? I have been a Ranger Fan for more years than he has been alive for more years than he has been alive (saw my first game in 1948) and have seen these moves before by other incompetent GM's along the way. The only time it worked was when we got Messier. GGG (Gorton Gotta' Go).

Must be hard to watch the rebuild knowing your window soon closes.

By the way, here is my starting lineup for players still active who were with the Blueshirts before being sent packing. Not too shabby when you consider that Raanta is the back up goaltender. What did we get for this lot? GGG

Nash - Stepan - Lindberg

Hagelin - Miller - Callahan

Dubinsky - Boyle - Stepniak

Moore - Brassard - Grabner

Holden - Stralman

McDonagh - Girardi

Falk - Yandle

Talbot

Show me how this fits under the salary cap.

Gorton doesn't have a clue to which player to even look for. I have noticed that there was a thread about firing the coach. V had nothing to do with the trades which decimated the team (including buying out Girardi). Gorton traded or gave up on, MacDonough, Stralman, Holden and Girardi. Three of them are playing for Tampa Bay (110 points) and Holden is with Boston (also 110 points). What did he get in return? Nothing for Girardi and "19 year olds" for the rest. The man hasn't got a clue how to build a team but he is very "corporately" correct in the eyes of management. Will he dump Zuck and Krieder in the off season? For more draft picks? I have been a Ranger Fan for more years than he has been alive for more years than he has been alive (saw my first game in 1948) and have seen these moves before by other incompetent GM's along the way. The only time it worked was when we got Messier. GGG (Gorton Gotta' Go).

I don’t know if that 1935 on your handle is your birth year, but if you saw your first game in 1948 I’d guess you were at least 5. That would make you 75 today, at the least. I don’t believe you’re that old.

mickey's steamboat willie came out in 1928, so i'm assuming its his birth date.

maybe a late april fools play? ala, sidd finch.

he doesn't have hankie on the roster... wonder what we got for him?

He's listing a lineup with guys we've traded or let walk in FA. Hank is still on the roster, so he wasn't included.

I don't disagree at all. I read the post last night, starting listing the cap hits and got all the way to Yandle and deleted the post. We're talking about Justin Falk here. Who is upset that we don't have Justin Falk on the team anymore?

Same goes for Dubi, D. Moore, Stempniak.

I don't disagree at all. I read the post last night, starting listing the cap hits and got all the way to Yandle and deleted the post. We're talking about Justin Falk here. Who is upset that we don't have Justin Falk on the team anymore?

Same goes for Dubi, D. Moore, Stempniak.

Haha. Truth.

And we still need to beat Long Island and Philly, both away to get to 80 points (or win one and lose the other in OT). Jusy sayin'

Why?

Why does this team need to get to 80 points?

Or do you just want to see them beat the Isles and Flyers?

Cause I can agree with the sentiment, "fuck both of those teams"

80 points is just a reference number for incompetence. They don't need 80 or 90, they need triple figures and a prayer. My "lineup" had nothing to do with salary cap or age. It had to do with what GGG ended up with that didn't get 80. Falk, Stepniak, et al will not make it to the Hockey Hall of Fame but just about everyone on my list, especially the two goaltenders, (Talbot and Raanta) brought grit and a lunch pail every night, unlike half of dozen of the guys on the roster we ended up with. And does anyone have a statistic on which team in the league gave up the most goals in the final five minutes of every period? Seems to me that too many guys played "run out the clock" and the Rangers got burned.

The Stanley Cup team he essentially built in Boston says otherwise.

Thanks youngster
Thanks for considering 40 young.

I prefer the terms aware or progressive.

If you're sitting here clamoring for a "stay at home crease clearing defenseman" then you haven't been paying attention to the league for the last decade.

Archived