• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#71) New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins // Snap Back to Reality

Phil

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you though? Why not keep him in Hartford to play 60+ games instead? I understand Shestyorkin is the heir apparent but what if he doesn't pan out? Georgiev is here NOW. To me he has the jump on Shestyorkin atm. I just wonder what is best for Georgiev's development.

With all the back-to-back-to-backs plus the occasional call up he won't play 60 games in Hartford. With about 15 games left in the AHL season, only 3 goalies have more than 40 GP. It be better to practice with Hank everyday and play 25 NHL games.

With all the back-to-back-to-backs plus the occasional call up he won't play 60 games in Hartford. With about 15 games left in the AHL season, only 3 goalies have more than 40 GP. It be better to practice with Hank everyday and play 25 NHL games.

Didn't realize that. In that case, he's the backup IMO.

I said ?legal?! What?s wrong with wanting this team of ours that?s been so soft to be physical enough within the rules to be intimidating?

So we should root for a player we don't know to get injured from "legal" hits?

I dunno man, seems bad karma, especially in a meaningless season. Honestly, if the Rangers are out, I prefer to see the best hockey possible. My intensity level is a -16.8 during these games. I'll save my embarassing rants to decapitate Marchaund or Gudas for when we are facing them in a nasty playoff series. I will say that Habs series last year had me cheering Smith as he crosschecked Shaw in the head and then pounded on his face.

Do you though? Why not keep him in Hartford to play 60+ games instead? I understand Shestyorkin is the heir apparent but what if he doesn't pan out? Georgiev is here NOW. To me he has the jump on Shestyorkin atm. I just wonder what is best for Georgiev's development.

Because he's proven he's an NHL-caliber goaltender playing this well on a skeleton crew team. What more does he have to learn in the AHL? He's clearly ready.

Shesterkin/Shestyorkin is the heir apparent, but is unlikely to even be eligible to make the team until 2019.

Lundqvist shouldn't have any interest in training other goalies.

So we should root for a player we don't know to get injured from "legal" hits?

I dunno man, seems bad karma, especially in a meaningless season. Honestly, if the Rangers are out, I prefer to see the best hockey possible. My intensity level is a -16.8 during these games. I'll save my embarassing rants to decapitate Marchaund or Gudas for when we are facing them in a nasty playoff series. I will say that Habs series last year had me cheering Smith as he crosschecked Shaw in the head and then pounded on his face.

I think you missed the point and that’s probably because I overemphasized it by adding the “knock him out of the game” comment. Change that to “know they’ve been hit” if you’re bothered by the way I put it.

Because he's proven he's an NHL-caliber goaltender playing this well on a skeleton crew team. What more does he have to learn in the AHL? He's clearly ready.

Shesterkin/Shestyorkin is the heir apparent, but is unlikely to even be eligible to make the team until 2019.

I'm just talking about getting him games. I was under the impression he could play 60 in the AHL instead of 15-20 here. If he's only playing 40 in the AHL then I'm not sure the answer. I think he's very solid. But there's a traffic jam with Hank here for the next few years. I'm not sure what the best play is.

I'm just talking about getting him games. I was under the impression he could play 60 in the AHL instead of 15-20 here. If he's only playing 40 in the AHL then I'm not sure the answer. I think he's very solid. But there's a traffic jam with Hank here for the next few years. I'm not sure what the best play is.

In the immediate future? Hank/Georgiev. She's twerkin goes one more year in the KHL then comes over for 2019. HFD can work with Nell/Halverson, a UFA, or maybe Tyler Wall if he leaves NCAA?

I think you missed the point and that?s probably because I overemphasized it by adding the ?knock him out of the game? comment. Change that to ?know they?ve been hit? if you?re bothered by the way I put it.

No problem, I can roll with that. It is not that I can't get in touch with my inner caveman, but you did go so far to say the player miss a "round or two", which would be an injury that takes someone out for more than a month. That karma would bounce back during a Pens vs Bruin playoff.

Archived