• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#71) New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins // Snap Back to Reality

Phil

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame the NHL, like Brooks did. He's right.

You can only expect the team to do their best to win, turns out, they're not as bad as we thought, as-is.

There's positives to come from this too, like: The emergence of Neal Pionk. If he continues to show he's an effective NHL defenseman, that's a great thing for the Rangers.

I don't blame him. That's fucking embarrassing. This is exactly what turns me off to the concept of tanking — the idea of actually supporting losing. Cheering for it. I hate losing. I mean I really hate it. If losing were a real human being who I had to encounter, however frequently, I'd have a really tough time not punching it in the face. I get that there's a silver lining to all of this, in that the more they lose the greater their chances of drafting the type of impact forward that can change their fortunes over night, but Jesus... do you have to fuckin' celebrate it like that? What a mockery.

It's so god damned disrespectful to the guys playing for your team. You can still cheer your team even when they lose. There's just no reason to ever make such a charade of a game this late in the year. I'd have been so god damned embarrassed were I in that building last night as a Sabres' fan.

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?15924-Mike-Weber-Frustrated-with-Sabres-Fans&highlight=sabres+tank

These victories are bordering on Pyrrhic at this point. Apparently the Rangers find more value in winning hearts over the draft lottery. Hooray for feelings!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What do you want them to do? Who exactly are you mad at? If the Rangers pick 9th instead of 7th and the 7th pick ends up being a super stud, are you going to blame Kreider 3 years from now for last night’s game?

I change my mind all the time. Perspectives change, too. Experiencing it first hand, I'm much more open to the concept. It's the product the NHL has created.

I still hate losing. I just have a better appreciation for understand the value of accepting it on a short-term basis.

What do you want them to do? Who exactly are you mad at? If the Rangers pick 9th instead of 7th and the 7th pick ends up being a super stud, are you going to blame Kreider 3 years from now for last night?s game?

No. I'm going to blame Gorton for calling up his best options from Hartford when ones more likely to lend to losing more games than they win down the stretch were available.

Halverson over Georgiev. Sproul over Gilmour. Ad infinitum.

The Rangers should look likely a journeymen group right now. The optics of which would dramatically change next September.

No. I'm going to blame Gorton for calling up his best options from Hartford when ones more likely to lend to losing more games than they win down the stretch were available.

The Rangers should look likely a journeymen group right now. The optics of which would dramatically change next September.

What message does that send to your guys in the A? How would you like to be any of those guys who have sacrificed their childhoods and dedicated their lives to play at the highest level possible, get to that point, then get passed over because the team that drafted you wants to now put an ECHL roster on the ice? Don’t you WANT guys to WANT to be here? The Rangers never gave kids a look years ago and part of the reason why guys like Zidlicky were happy they were traded. Why? Because they want to fuckin play, and if they’re the next man up, they earned it. They at least owe those guys that opportunity to impress for next year.

Yeah. The same old refrain. Don't try and win. Instead, try to lose. Tank. Play the worst players. Why not have no practices, no morning skates, no pre-game warmups? Brilliant decision by NYR mgnt. to publicly announce their intentions. Are they ticked off that this newly constructed team now actually puts in a 60 minute, energetic, positive, entertaining effort? Are they angry that this group never quits? Some of the stuff that one reads about people being upset because the NYR are winning is mind boggling. I am rooting for them to win all the remaining games and hopefully somehow sneak into the play-offs.

Go Rangers!!

Really? Seriously?

What message does that send to your guys in the A? How would you like to be any of those guys who have sacrificed their childhoods and dedicated their lives to play at the highest level possible, get to that point, then get passed over because the team that drafted you wants to now put an ECHL roster on the ice? Don?t you WANT guys to WANT to be here? The Rangers never gave kids a look years ago and part of the reason why guys like Zidlicky were happy they were traded. Why? Because they want to fuckin play, and if they?re the next man up, they earned it. They at least owe those guys that opportunity to impress for next year.

That's not my problem. It's Gorton's to deal with. I'm sure Smith is no fan of his either. I don't care.

In the long-run, this is a blip. GMs should always be prioritizing big picture over feelings. If a player being passed over for 20 odd meaningless games can't channel that into a positive to make the team recognize what that player believes it's an error by earning a spot in camp, then fuck off.

The Rangers have a unique opportunity to grab a game changer by being bad in a season they have already lost. If I'm Gorton, I'm not losing a wink of sleep because Georgiev is upset Halverson was called up instead. The only thing I'd be upset by is if he accepted his lot and sulked over it instead of shoving it back in my face like he should.

That's not my problem. It's Gorton's to deal with. I'm sure Smith is no fan of his either. I don't care.

In the long-run, this is a blip. GMs should always be prioritizing big picture over feelings. If a player being passed over for 20 odd meaningless games can't channel that into a positive to make the team recognize what that player believes it's an error by earning a spot in camp, then fuck off.

The Rangers have a unique opportunity to grab a game changer by being bad in a season they have already lost. If I'm Gorton, I'm not losing a wink of sleep because Georgiev is upset Halverson was called up instead. The only thing I'd be upset by is if he accepted his lot and sulked over it instead of shoving it back in my face like he should.

And if a franchise gets labeled doing as such, maybe a few of the guys you drafted because you wanted to ice a dog shit team, don’t want to sign here. No one wants to lose year after year, and being in a more demanding market, jobs are on the line with a shorter leash than other organizations.

I don't fully disagree with this but I also don't think management believed these players would win many games -- and they haven't. They wanted to both see what they had in the system and lose games. They've pretty much done that. There's not much you can do when the canucks haven't scored a goal in 3 games, or the Islanders completely collapsed, or the Oilers build a team that consists of one player.

As you know, I'm a big time tank proponent but part of me is happy guys like Hayes and Krieder are stepping into bigger roles and actually leading this team. I'm happy guys like Pionk and Georgiev have come out of nowhere and made a case to be on the team next year. The Rangers have 3 first round picks and players to trade -- if they want to move up in the draft, they can. So say they finish with the 10th pick. Not ideal, obviously. But maybe can move the 10th and the 20something for the 5th to a team. Or the 10th and Spooner to move up a few spots. They have a shit load of flexibility.

I'm just happy management did what they needed to do. I can't be upset the young guys have over performed.

Who would wear it for the other 72 games?

This is Krieder MO. He turned it on last year at this time to make his goal total impressive. He was pacing a 20 goal season until he went on a Zucc fueled tear to end the season.

So your saying he plays better when it matters most ?

Archived