• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Official Scoreboard Watching Thread (Draft Pick Tracker)

I think we even finish above the Islanders. Besides the D, our team is almost as good as it was before. Names = Nash, Spooner = Grabner. The D has sucked all year, so it just sucking a little bit more doesn't make that huge of a different.

It sucks really, I guess we will end up with a 8-10th pick. Was dreaming about one of the wingers going 2-4th.

Yeah, we're just not that bad. The only change up front is the 4th line not really being a factor. The top 3 lines, with Kreider, are still dangerous enough.

The D is probably about as bad as any in the league but Hank and Georgiev have mitigated that to some degree.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Did we give up on this? The Islanders won tonight which has the biggest impact on us.

Detroit won too but I think they are too far "ahead" for it to matter much at this point.

Edmonton had a 3 goal lead in the 1st period but blew it by the end of the 1st!

If we dont get super lucky in the lottery I hope we target Wahlstrom. He's projected to go around 5-8 so we may need to move up a couple spots, but Im fine with that. We got no NHL caliber wing prospects so we need to draft that with our 1st. The D looks better now with Skjei, Pionk, Hajek, Rykov and Lindgren.

Use our first on a wing (Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk, Wahlstrom) and one D and one winger with the last two 1st. The rest just go for best talent available.

Realistically, Buffalo, Ottawa, Arizona, and Vancouver are locked in for the worst four. Detroit and Montreal probably are locked in for 5-6. After that though, a significant losing streak here to end the season and we have a feasible chance of finishing 7th worst.

All of the teams collected with us (Chicago, NYI, and Edmonton) all have only 5 games left. Our game in hand might actually hurt here.

Update 3/28/2018:

1st Round

#10 - NYR

#29 - from BOS

#30 - from TB

2nd Round

#41 - NYR

#47 - from NJ

3rd Round

#72 - NYR

#91 - from BOS

Getting close now. We are 10th worst, but tied with Edmonton and the Isles, and only two points ahead of the Hawks. Should finish anywhere from 7th to 10th.

The biggest move factor is the Devils 2nd we own. If the Devils miss the playoffs that pick will be around 44 or 45. If they get in an manage to get to the second round it will be 55+...so fuck you Devils, let's go Panthers.

Still rooting for a first round exit for Boston, and Tampa to win the cup.

Realistically, Buffalo, Ottawa, Arizona, and Vancouver are locked in for the worst four. Detroit and Montreal probably are locked in for 5-6. After that though, a significant losing streak here to end the season and we have a feasible chance of finishing 7th worst.

All of the teams collected with us (Chicago, NYI, and Edmonton) all have only 5 games left. Our game in hand might actually hurt here.

All about the schedules at this point:[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]NYR:[/td]

[td]EDM:[/td]

[td]NYI:[/td]

[td]CHI:[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]WSH[/td]

[td]VAN[/td]

[td]TOR[/td]

[td]WPG[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TB[/td]

[td]CGY[/td]

[td]NJ[/td]

[td]COL[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]CAR[/td]

[td]MIN[/td]

[td]PHI[/td]

[td]STL[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]NJ[/td]

[td]VGK[/td]

[td]NYR[/td]

[td]STL[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]NYI[/td]

[td]VAN[/td]

[td]DET[/td]

[td]WPG[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PHI[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Based on this, slim chance we 'pass' Chicago. Edmonton should win more games than us. Huge game between the Rangers and Isles...

Wahlstrom would be a great addition for sure. Not that we won't have good players available at 10, but at 7-8 we would get a chance to scoop up one of the remaining second tier of players (Hughes, Wahlstrom).

Better yet, our chances to get a lottery pick increase by a decent amount I think. Drafting someone as dynamic as Svechnikov would do absolute wonders for this rebuild

All about the schedules at this point:[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]NYR:[/td]

[td]EDM:[/td]

[td]NYI:[/td]

[td]CHI:[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]WSH[/td]

[td]VAN[/td]

[td]TOR[/td]

[td]WPG[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TB[/td]

[td]CGY[/td]

[td]NJ[/td]

[td]COL[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]CAR[/td]

[td]MIN[/td]

[td]PHI[/td]

[td]STL[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]NJ[/td]

[td]VGK[/td]

[td]NYR[/td]

[td]STL[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]NYI[/td]

[td]VAN[/td]

[td]DET[/td]

[td]WPG[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PHI[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Based on this, slim chance we 'pass' Chicago. Edmonton should win more games than us. Huge game between the Rangers and Isles...

Looking at this I think Oilers and Rangers win 2 more games each. I don't think the Islanders win another game. And I don't think Chicago wins another game.

God. I look at those 4 teams on cap friendly, especially Vancouver and see abortions galore. we are in so much better position right now, it's not even close. i was glossing the rosters to see who might be a good fit for the quick rebuild but outside of karlson i don't think i'd touch any of them.

God. I look at those 4 teams on cap friendly, especially Vancouver and see abortions galore. we are in so much better position right now, it's not even close. i was glossing the rosters to see who might be a good fit for the quick rebuild but outside of karlson i don't think i'd touch any of them.

Aside from Arizona, I don't think any of those teams thought they'd be here. On the other hand, I think the Rangers traded away Stepan, looked at the pending UFAs, and saw this as a possibility. That alone gives me hope. I think there's a plan to be aggressive this offseason, at the draft and beyond. I may be more hopeful about this team right now that I have been in the last 3 years which is insane.

How is this team even trying at this point. How damn stupid do you have to be? Just Lose baby!!! They're freaking out of contention. They're winning DOES NOTHING BUT CAUSE FUTURE DAMAGE TO THE DRAFT.

This franchise is seriously dumb!

Am I wrong here???

What good could winning possibly do at this point???

Who's steering this ship???

No offense, but no player ever made the NHL by not giving 100% and intentionally losing. Any player, when dressed, will try to win a game. So, yes, if you are expecting the players to just roll over, that's unrealistic.

Now if you really want them to lose, then you need Gorton to coach the team with a lineup where your 4th liners play 1st line mins and vice versa.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived