• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nick Holden Traded to Boston Bruins for [D] Rob O'Gara and 2018 Third Round Pick

ClearedForContact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning I woke up with a strong feeling that today was the day McD would be traded. Toronto could use him desperately and they certainly have a wealth of assets that we need. Aquiring McD could put Toronto instantly in SERIOUSLY strong contention. Wouldn't you think? I think they need him more, than wanting Taveras (which has been rumoured).

My feeling about this trade will turn on whether O'Gara was a Rangers or Islanders fan growing up. Born in Massapequa. Charlie McAvoy is from LI but was a Rangers fan (sure wouldn't mind him wanting to play for us at some point). -5 in 8 games for a good team this year. Hate to call a Yalie a "used puck bag," but that's pretty much it.

My gut was that we would get a third rounder for Holden. Watching him perpetrate a terrible give away in Ottawa last weekend, I thought "with all the scouts here he just went from commanding a third round pick to a fourth rounder." Fortunately, the scouts were forgiving.