• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

(#57) Rangers @ Minnesota Wild // Hank vs. Tank pt. 3

Future

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those kids playing with confidence. Gilmore seemed very mature during interview.

you can almost feel like the Rangers are not spending as much time in their own zone. They get to the puck faster, make a play faster, and the opposing players don't have a chance to get the fore check on. Its amazing how much a little speed helps. And then the shots on goal against seems to be down too.

If they can just get going to start the game, they might have gotten a point.

When people say "the Rangers have a good young core" I constantly ask myself, who?

Kevin Hayes is the biggest moron that's ever donned a blue sweater. Miller isn't far behind. And I'm not sure Vesey is even an NHL player.

Buch, Zib, Kreider and Skjei mainly. Miller and Hayes are also good middle 6 players.

I know things are not going the way people would like, but there is still some good players on this team. Hayes has turned in to a nice shutdown 2/3C, Miller looks to be a consistant 55-60 points player, Kreider got 3 20 goals seasons behind him, Skjei looks to be a stud, Buch and Zib have been playing really well the time they have been (injury free) together.

There is a lot to work with here. Im confident a full rebuild is not necessary. Move McD, Holden, Zuc, Nash, Grabs and maybe 1-2 more. Stock up with some picks and prospect and I think they are ready to go in a season or two.

you can almost feel like the Rangers are not spending as much time in their own zone. They get to the puck faster, make a play faster, and the opposing players don't have a chance to get the fore check on. Its amazing how much a little speed helps. And then the shots on goal against seems to be down too.

If they can just get going to start the game, they might have gotten a point.

It’s a system thing. When the regulars play av wants them to look and make a play which results in a ton of turnovers. Right now it seems like because they are kids they are telling them get to it and get rid of it. Simplify. And look how much better simple is. Remember when mcd was good just playing simple hockey. His downturn didn’t begin with the c, it began when av tried to get him to be offensive. Now the guy who was always in position is always leaving his position early to try and jump into a play that doesn’t exist.

when the front office released that letter, this was the kind of game I had in mind for the rest of the year.

ok, so first few minutes aside, I think they played a good game. Didn't get the win, but young guys showed us something, and they came out and played like they still had something to play for, unlike when they lost 7 of 8 beforehand

Went to the game last night. About the same number of Rangers fans as we get at the game here every year, so the out of town faithful remain so. 57 minutes of solid hockey don't matter if the other three are bad enough. More dump and chase than I have ever seen in the AV era. The new AHL defense is small if skilled and the Wild is a big team, so I have to give them credit winning some battles for the puck.

All Aboard! The 6:17 left the station and the NYR were not on board. Woo woo! Regression mode reared its ugly head; turnovers of the non-apple variety. Dump the puck in so the opposition can retrieve it. Foul up the PP by not shooting. Disappointing in that Minnesota was ripe for the picking. An all around 45 minute effort. Time's a-wasting.

All Aboard! The 6:17 left the station and the NYR were not on board. Woo woo! Regression mode reared its ugly head; turnovers of the non-apple variety. Dump the puck in so the opposition can retrieve it. Foul up the PP by not shooting. Disappointing in that Minnesota was ripe for the picking. An all around 45 minute effort. Time's a-wasting.

Going 2 for 4 is fouling up the PP?

Our first 8 minutes might just be the reason we lose.

Another loss caused by being M.I.A. to start a game.

Awful start to the game, but I thought the last 50 were overall quite solid.

How many games this season have we gotten off to shitty starts??? Most of them??

How can this team constantly come out unprepared or flat??? The first 8 minutes did cost us the game....again!

On the bright side, I love these kids' effort. I felt great for Gilmour and Pionk!!! Refreshing to watch that excitement out of a young player!

Hopefully ADA pans out... His numbers in juniors were insane. Pretty good in the AHL too, so the skill is there

The defense might be a bit hard to watch at first, but I think they'll eventually be a huge upgrade over our 2nd and 3rd pairings of the last few years... At least mobility wise

When people say "the Rangers have a good young core" I constantly ask myself, who?

Kevin Hayes is the biggest moron that's ever donned a blue sweater. Miller isn't far behind. And I'm not sure Vesey is even an NHL player.

I'm with you I don't see a young core that has the promise to carry this team anywhere. Completely agree on the three you mention Hayes, Miller and Vesey. I think it's a dead heat on being brain dead at times between Miller and Hayes. Vesey is just invisible more often than not.

On a cup contending team I don't think any of them are anywhere near the top 6.

Archived