• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

AV! His Seat Getting Hot?

skunkman

Why ruin our new kids with this idiot?

Fire him now!

These kids have had a lot worse coaches coming up through whatever route they came from than AV. He'll be fired prior to the start of the next season. There will no ill effects on any of the players for it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These kids have had a lot worse coaches coming up through whatever route they came from than AV. He'll be fired prior to the start of the next season. There will no ill effects on any of the players for it.

I strongly disagree!

But I still love you!:thumbs:

I completely agree, this is exactly what I believe.

And then I look at this Rangers squad. I'm so disgusted by the attitude, and lack of effort of these guys on a consistent basis. I'm an AV guy (or the closest you'll get), but it gets to a point where something needs to happens. These guys are pathetic, so often, that its almost become acceptable. Nothing I've seen says otherwise.

But, again, it appears there is going to be a drastic makeover to the team, so hopefully that aura is removed.

I completely agree, this is exactly what I believe.

And then I look at this Rangers squad. I'm so disgusted by the attitude, and lack of effort of these guys on a consistent basis. I'm an AV guy (or the closest you'll get), but it gets to a point where something needs to happens. These guys are pathetic, so often, that its almost become acceptable. Nothing I've seen says otherwise.

But, again, it appears there is going to be a drastic makeover to the team, so hopefully that aura is removed.

I think I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it's both coaching and players, Josh-man! Yeah, AV has his BOAT LOAD of faults, but these fucking players make too many half-hearted efforts and plays that just get under my skin. I mean being able to simply bank a puck off the glass, or sweep it into a corner away from the front of the net?? So yeah man....I hear what you're saying.

How about trying to accept a pass without it hitting you in the skates and deflecting directly to an opponent within 15 feet of Hank!!!! For fuck sake. This team just stinks!!!

Yeah the pass first system sucks, and yeah they don't shoot enough, but I'm starting to see why:

A) They couldn't hit the net with a handful of fucking peas

B) Last check these guys saw was the one they cashed on the 15th

C) I've seen better passing on the Long Island Expressway

C) Leadership on this team can't come from the goal crease

If these guys didn't wanna play for AV, I wish Mac would have had the balls to stand up for his guys and tell Gorton that...instead of being a flaming pussy and pulling this quitting shit this season! Instead, they give him a 3 year extension and we get this steaming pile of shit sandwich to feast our eyes on this season! Great!

This abortion of a season is on everyone on that bench, and with this half-assed franchise we root for. We gotta get our shit together and get this right...RIGHT NOW dude. This is the year if there is any at all, to grab the bull by the balls, and rebuild this thing the RIGHT WAY. Let's just wipe the slate clean: Coaches, players....the works!

Keep Benny Alleiere...other than that, I hope they deal off everyone. No matter what they get back, it's gonna be better than watching this "Monkey fucking a football" act we seem to catch every other night. This team is a freaking damn disaster!

Hope all's good dude! =)

I think I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it's both coaching and players, Josh-man! Yeah, AV has his BOAT LOAD of faults, but these fucking players make too many half-hearted efforts and plays that just get under my skin. I mean being able to simply bank a puck off the glass, or sweep it into a corner away from the front of the net?? So yeah man....I hear what you're saying.

How about trying to accept a pass without it hitting you in the skates and deflecting directly to an opponent within 15 feet of Hank!!!! For fuck sake. This team just stinks!!!

Yeah the pass first system sucks, and yeah they don't shoot enough, but I'm starting to see why:

If these guys didn't wanna play for AV, I wish Mac would have had the balls to stand up for his guys and tell Gorton that...instead of being a flaming pussy and pulling this quitting shit this season! Instead, they give him a 3 year extension and we get this steaming pile of shit sandwich to feast our eyes on this season! Great!

This abortion of a season is on everyone on that bench, and with this half-assed franchise we root for. We gotta get our shit together and get this right...RIGHT NOW dude. This is the year if there is any at all, to grab the bull by the balls, and rebuild this thing the RIGHT WAY. Let's just wipe the slate clean: Coaches, players....the works!

Keep Benny Alleiere...other than that, I hope they deal off everyone. No matter what they get back, it's gonna be better than watching this "Monkey fucking a football" act we seem to catch every other night. This team is a freaking damn disaster!

Hope all's good dude! =)

Couldn't hit the net with a handful of peas. I love it :rofl:

Hey Richy, I'm gonna head down to watch the game tonight at Flannigans if you wanna come by.

Hey Robbie, if you're around and you need some serious comedy, drop by man! It'll good to see you! ....been a while since we took in a comedic disaster like this!!! LOL

Hope all's good dude! =)

There's a lot of truth in this.

I'm not big on AV at all, but he's obviously a talented coach and has done a lot of good things since he came.

He's very set in his ways and I don't think he's shown willingness and/or ability to make changes when it's been obvious we needed to adapt our game to the players available to him. He's got his favourites and sticks to them no matter how much they stink up the place. He appears to be allergic to young players. Etc etc.

But at some point responsibility has to rest with the players as well. AV can't suit up and play the games for them.

A lot of people say the inability to play 60 minutes of hockey is a surefire sign that AV has lost the locker room. That's probably true, but these guys are professionals (at least, they're supposed to be) and are highly paid to go out and play hockey. The amount of guys switching off and not putting the yards in every single night is unacceptable imo. And that's not on the coach. You put out even if you don't like the boss. That should be the minimum expectation.

In any case. It's obviously the end of the line for AV. A change will be good. But I wouldn't be shocked to see a couple of the usual suspects - if they're here after the shake-up - start next season with the same horrific attitude.

So who will replace AV then..Everybody says Quenneville..but I dunno. I feel that dude has his best years behind him also

I'd prefer a fresh face. Dallas Eakins is someone who interests me. There are a lot of smart hockey minds. I don't need a retread (unless it's Quenneville).

I'd prefer a fresh face. Dallas Eakins is someone who interests me. There are a lot of smart hockey minds. I don't need a retread (unless it's Quenneville).

I trust he wouldn't be as overmatched as when Colin Campbell called him up from the AHL and immediately assigned him to shadow Eric Lindros in the 1997 playoffs.

Hey Richy, I'm gonna head down to watch the game tonight at Flannigans if you wanna come by.

Hey Robbie, if you're around and you need some serious comedy, drop by man! It'll good to see you! ....been a while since we took in a comedic disaster like this!!! LOL

Not sure I can publicly handle watching this team right now. The Islanders game at Barclays drained me of the desire to watch this team play anymore.

They're going to let him end the season here. That's fine with me as long as he's gone right after this.

I hope management realizes that this guy has LONG been part of the problem, more than part of the solution. All I can say is thank god the coach doesn't hit the salary cap, because this extension was probably the fucking STUPIDEST thing Gorton had done to date. I try to sell it to myself that ok, they gave him one last shot with this team that went to the finals not too long ago, but that team was a Torts team with some balls still left over. This team is the epitome of the man we have behind the bench.

No Balls

No Leadership

No Accountability

No Discipline

Is it ALL his fault? No. But he's a major reason for it...He allowed this shit to go on without stepping on it. I can blame the rest on shitty attitudes, injuries, and the rest of those bullshit excuses you'll hear from MSG network.

They better get this next one right, because we haven't had a decent coach in here since Torts....AND I'M NOT a Torts guy!!!!! But you couldn't knock what the guy did behind a bench!!!

Hell, keeping AV is the best thing we can do for the rest of the season.. A firing might shake them up a bit and create some wins..

Go AV!!! Do your thing brother.

No need for a dead cat bounce costing NYR a shot at the lottery with some pointless wins. But no matter who the coach is this West Coast trip is going to be a death march.

Archived