• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

AV! His Seat Getting Hot?

skunkman

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care how many we lose, I'm going to love watching the newer guys....I also can't wait 'til AV is relieved of his position, and we get a new hungry face back there with something to prove! I have the NHL draft date already circled on my calendar!

I don't care how many we lose, I'm going to love watching the newer guys....I also can't wait 'til AV is relieved of his position, and we get a new hungry face back there with something to prove! I have the NHL draft date already circled on my calendar!

This. I was just telling friends the other day how boring the Rangers are to watch this year. They may suck even more now but at least the games should be more interesting.

I was having a blast watching Pionk and Gilmour!!!!! I could give a fuck about his tripping and falling down at the blue line the other night!!! The kid's gonna be a good player and has one helluva blast from the point!! It took me about 12 minutes to realize Mac wasn't playing! ...and you know what????

I could give a flying shit about it!! =)

I'm glad we flushed the bowl yesterday....now there's just one more nugget left that won't seem to go down the toilet....and he's next!!!

...AND I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!! LOL

They're going to let him end the season here. That's fine with me as long as he's gone right after this.

I hope management realizes that this guy has LONG been part of the problem, more than part of the solution. All I can say is thank god the coach doesn't hit the salary cap, because this extension was probably the fucking STUPIDEST thing Gorton had done to date. I try to sell it to myself that ok, they gave him one last shot with this team that went to the finals not too long ago, but that team was a Torts team with some balls still left over. This team is the epitome of the man we have behind the bench.

No Balls

No Leadership

No Accountability

No Discipline

Is it ALL his fault? No. But he's a major reason for it...He allowed this shit to go on without stepping on it. I can blame the rest on shitty attitudes, injuries, and the rest of those bullshit excuses you'll hear from MSG network.

They better get this next one right, because we haven't had a decent coach in here since Torts....AND I'M NOT a Torts guy!!!!! But you couldn't knock what the guy did behind a bench!!!

Hopefully the new coach comes with a big ass can of turd polish because Toe Blake couldn't get much more water from this rock. I don't get the lack of accountability, he stapled Miller, Hayes, Buch and Vescey to the bench at times for shitty play and he launched Smith outta town. When those guys get sat for extended periods some guys complained. I don't get it, they guys just aren't that good at all. Would have to be one hell of a magician to turn them into something they just haven't shown in a couple years now - basically never consistently throughout their careers. To be honest I'm not a huge AV guy either but to me it's more about what these guy aren't when it comes to their ability to play at any higher of a level.

Lots of smoke and mirrors and a world class goalie is what took this team as far as it did.

Hopefully the new coach comes with a big ass can of turd polish because Toe Blake couldn't get much more water from this rock. I don't get the lack of accountability, he stapled Miller, Hayes, Buch and Vescey to the bench at times for shitty play and he launched Smith outta town. When those guys get sat for extended periods some guys complained. I don't get it, they guys just aren't that good at all. Would have to be one hell of a magician to turn them into something they just haven't shown in a couple years now - basically never consistently throughout their careers. To be honest I'm not a huge AV guy either but to me it's more about what these guy aren't when it comes to their ability to play at any higher of a level.

Lots of smoke and mirrors and a world class goalie is what took this team as far as it did.

That's exactly it, JS! It's not all his fault. I agree. There has to be some type of accountability on both ends. HOWEVER:

This is a guy who rarely if ever really took that route with any of his players. He's a "players coach" by most standards. When a player's coach let's these guys rule the roost, this is what you get. Some players are mature enough to grab the bull by the balls, but this team didn't have such a guy. McDonagh was not a Messier type leader and in my estimation, not the greatest captain we've ever had by a long margin.

AV fails at other things: Line changes, match ups...etc etc....I can go on and on about that. The thing is that he appears to lack the balls to rip into these guys when it's needed. This team has come out flat all season long, even when they were winning, they looked like dog shit for the first period countless times.

Who's fault is that? The Players? Maybe....the coaching staff??? Maybe

Point is: This whole steaming pile of shit simply needs to get flushed. We've hung around with this "Hank's window" horse shit for too long now. In my eyes, we need to rebuild from the ground up, keep what we need and dish off the players we can, to rebuild PROPERLY.

It's a great point you make, and we've all taken part in pointing the blame at certain junctures of this season, but at the end of the day...and I even mentioned to Josh, who is an advocate of AV, that it is definitely a combination of both sides; Players and coaches. Hopefully we get the correct chemistry this time around. I'd absolutely LOVE to root for these guys to win again. I've seemingly lost the thrill the last few months, and I don't even spill my drink when we score anymore! =)

• 1 month later...
You know what our problem is? Not finding a replacement for Stepan and it showed, so stop blaming the coaching staff for the failures that are going on in the front office

AV don't get fired then I sure as hell will start bitching about our front office!

You know what our problem is? Not finding a replacement for Stepan and it showed, so stop blaming the coaching staff for the failures that are going on in the front office

I agree that this was part of the problem as well. They traded away a guy and never replaced what he could do on the ice. Even in Arizona, he still put up more points than anyone on this team. Even in all of the trades they made at the deadline, they brought in no offense. Spooner was the only one who came back that did anything. Namestnikov was unimpressive since coming here.There are definitely a lot of issues in the front office that need to be looked at, from the coach up through the president of the team.

Stepan is not even close to the problem. It was the team defense. All. Year. Long.

Defense is attitude and willingness, more than anything. We didn’t have it.

A new system will bring changes, but still need leadership to push the play, on Ice.

Archived