• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

AV! His Seat Getting Hot?

skunkman

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....I'm waiting....Impatiently, but it's gotta happen sooner or later!

Please dear Lord,

Forget about starving kids,

Forget world peace

Forget the sick and the old

We have a REAL catastrophic situation going on here!

I know you're listening to me this time!! You didn't last year, and you let these brain dead scholars re-sign this chump for 3 more years!

I told you I wasn't going to like this....and guess what....I was right!!!!

Now can you please fix this crap before I hang myself in the closet watching this shit!!!!!

Thank you,

Love your favorite prayer buddy,

Ozzy

(gotta find some entertainment in this somewhere!!!)

At least the next potential coach will see mgmt gives the coach a long leash and is overly fair about control and evaluating the staff.

The only retread I'd be interested in is Quenneville, if he is excited about the youth movement and the young, fast and skilled approach. If so, working with Gorton and staff in NY has to be attractive to him.

If not, I'm all for a new sharp progressive up and comer. This mgmt and this city and team should get (and deserve) the pick of the litter.

I think it's almost a slam dunk he gets let go at the end of the season. I hardly think he's solely at fault here, there's such an overall lack of talent on this roster I actually think he helped them overachieve the last few years. Lots of smoke and mirrors and Hank carrying this team along the way up until this season.

Anyone in here speak French? After using google to translate this article it says AV will be fired prior to the game in Montreal but every time I translate it its something different. Or it doesn't translate to the same exact thing if its separated. It also mentions according to the NY Post but I see nothing on the Post website about it.

https://hockey30.com/nouvelles/alain-vigneault-sera-congedie-avant-le-match-de-jeudi-a-montreal-selon

I'm still yet to see a good argument as to what the value in firing AV now is.

The team wants to lose, and is losing. Holding onto AV means you have a clean slate in the offseason and you don't put yourself in a whole where an interim does really well. There's just no point to a coaching change.

I just can't believe he's trying to play the same style of hockey when his D is essentially 2/3 of an AHL D Corps that struggled mightily at THAT level.

I'd be hunkering down Guy Boucher style to get points.

This team seemingly has no plan in their own end other than to force a TO and get going the other way as quick as possible.

There is no point in firing him now. After the deadline, he will have 16 games or whatever to show that he can develop young players better than the current perception of his abilities in that area. Barring some not particularly likely success in that regard, I think he will be dismissed immediately following the season.

I just can't believe he's trying to play the same style of hockey when his D is essentially 2/3 of an AHL D Corps that struggled mightily at THAT level.

I'd be hunkering down Guy Boucher style to get points.

This team seemingly has no plan in their own end other than to force a TO and get going the other way as quick as possible.

In awe really. I pined for him to add some variation to the offensive attack, but defensively he is making no adjustments even though the skill levels, skills and experience has drastically changed.

You can see he believes there is only one way to play hockey. I'll give him that, he has conviction. Problem is he is right about playing quickly and as a 5 man team, but he so damn dogmatic he does not seem open to any variation on a theme.

Archived