• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#44) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // Where There's Smoke There's Fire Sale?

Phil

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point I don't really care if they fire AV or don't fire him. Maybe he's part of the problem but Scotty Bowman would only be able to coach this team to the #7 seed. Not enough talent and a porous defense is a bad combination for any team. If I'm Gorton my first trade is a big one...someone like J.T. Miller. Yeah, he's young and he has some talent but he is wildly inconsistent and ridiculously streaky. He also has value. I'd try finding a true center in return.

They are no worse than they were at the start of the season. They managed to turn that around. They might this time as well, but this is worse, without the excuse of it being the beginning of the year. AV may not survive this time, but I'm not anxious to axe him. It just isn't that great of a group, whoever might be the coach.

Firing AV won't change the fact that this is a team lacking even one legitimate first line player. Granted, the team can probably get better a little, but anything past barely making the playoffs is a pipe dream at this point.

So much for getting excited about Shattenkirk too... just 3 points and a -13 in his last 17 games. Not like we didn't know that was probably going to be a reality with him though

Granted, changing the coach with this roster doesn't get you the Cup but he's doing a bad job and you gotta start somewhere. Problem is, Who's available? Sutter?

I'd propose to stop rehashing the same tired names. If they're going to go younger (which they should) they should get a younger coach or at least someone who is willing to play young players.

Miller is just as frustrated as the rest of them. He has talent (we've all seen it) and with the right head coach, he will blossom. What do you think you can get him for him now? Do you want to trade him for a 3rd and watch him play well somewhere else? Trade the veterans to the teams that believe they are cup contenders, and get something for them, keep the younger players. If needed, Miller will have more value later. I get so tired of this team doing just enough to get in. Get younger, lose now and get that draft pick that you can build the team around.

While i agree on miller I wouldn’t move him unless it’s an offer you just can’t refuse. He’s got a lot a room for growth and was one of if not the best forward on the team for all of last season. His play this year is lacking but with the center depth on this team and him being constantly shuffled from wing to center and line to line I would think it’s to early to give up on him.

I can easily see Miller thriving if traded to the right situation. He just isn't comfortable playing center, and we have little choice at the moment. Wait, I've got the answer. Let Miller go back to the wing and give more big minutes to DD!

So much for getting excited about Shattenkirk too... just 3 points and a -13 in his last 17 games. Not like we didn't know that was probably going to be a reality with him though

Is he really this bad or is he trying to much ? I knew his D wasn't the greatest, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Is he really this bad or is he trying to much ? I knew his D wasn't the greatest, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

defensively, he's been the same ole Shatty.

But combine him and Zibanejad and ouch... welcome to 2018 New York Rangers hockey. Guys stopped producing and cant do shit in their own end, most of the time.

I can easily see Miller thriving if traded to the right situation. He just isn't comfortable playing center, and we have little choice at the moment. Wait, I've got the answer. Let Miller go back to the wing and give more big minutes to DD!

Lately, it doesn't look like anybody is comfortable.It would be a positive to say they're just going through the motions, but they aren't even doing that.They have to make a change ...

If you rebuild, Miller will be 58 before you are competitive again. Why are you keeping him in that scenario?

Well you're using 24 as the age cutoff that leaves only Skjei and Buch left on the roster moving forward.

I guess if the rebuild is going to essentially be endless he could get to 58.

Archived