• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

Oh definitely. Regulator is my favorite song by them. But stuff like Juggernaut, Impetus, and all that is definitely missed. Never got why they completely turned their backs on that stuff. Its not like they sold out. Not like they outgrew it. They cite hardcore bands as their influences.. Why not a heavy as fuck song here or there? Ahh well.

Yeah, I agree. They could still treat us to a few heavy songs per album...we know they could still crank'em out no problem.

I'd never talk smack about others metal preferences especially when you consider a few bands still n my repertoire to this day..... Ex: Limp Bizkit :cool:

Yeah, I've said a million times, there's no such thing as good or bad music. Just music you like and music you don't.

I hear ya. I've been a fan since the mid-90s and I loved the fast/loud stuff. But, with age they "evolved" (as people like to say). I enjoy the stuff they put out still, but I LOVED the first few albums they released. I'm glad they are still around, that's for sure.

How about a trip down memory lane:

I think the song you posted is actually much closer to some of their late 90's stuff than they've previously released.

For me, Mob Goes Wild and Mice and Gods are probably my favorite, though I also really enjoyed pretty much all of the From Beale Street to Oblivion album.

I think the song you posted is actually much closer to some of their late 90's stuff than they've previously released.

For me, Mob Goes Wild and Mice and Gods are probably my favorite, though I also really enjoyed pretty much all of the From Beale Street to Oblivion album.

See, I loved the stuff prior to Pure Rock Fury (Mob Goes Wild was from that album)....that would have been their self titled album (95') and before that Transnational Speedway League (93')....Those 2 albums got me hooked on Clutch, then they toned it down a bit and broadened their style and I surely didn't mind it. I really liked Blast Tyrant and I think that was 2004.

I fucking LOVE this song, probably my all time favorite from them....

is dog fashion disco in this thread yet?

an old friend of mine introduced me to them circa 2002 and committed to a bright future just came on my shuffle.

here's a link to the full album -

it's a worth a listen if you get can appreciate "metal" getting mixed with some other really fun genres.

Has anyone seen the documentary on Lamb of God here yet? I hear it's really good. Focuses - unintentionally, it happened just as they started filming - on the time the singer was charged with a manslaughter / bodily harm case after he pushed a fan off the stage who had climbed on without permission and the kid hit his head and died.

Also, new Soilwork record The Ride Majestic is out!

I'm only six tracks in, but this is already the best release they've had since Sworn to a Great Divide IMO. I wasn't a fan at all of The Panic Broadcast, and I thought The Living Infinite had tons of filler. This is really good thus far.

Has anyone seen the documentary on Lamb of God here yet? I hear it's really good. Focuses - unintentionally, it happened just as they started filming - on the time the singer was charged with a manslaughter / bodily harm case after he pushed a fan off the stage who had climbed on without permission and the kid hit his head and died.

Saw it. Was meh imo. Kinda boring and you already know the ending.