• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

"The scene" is just slang for the community of friends with similar cultural interests and hobbies who tend to go to the same shows and concerts together. There's a "scene" for every genre. How much of the social aspect you enjoy versus how much of the live music is totally up to the individual.

They've been political from day one. They did soften their sound though. If you're still looking for that harsher sound, check out I am Hersey. I posted a video above.

I know they have always been political, but now their shows are more about the politics than the music, and thats what I cant stand. I will have to check out I am Hersey though.

"The scene" is just slang for the community of friends with similar cultural interests and hobbies who tend to go to the same shows and concerts together. There's a "scene" for every genre. How much of the social aspect you enjoy versus how much of the live music is totally up to the individual.

i was being somewhat rhetorical.

mostly because i can google "scene kids" and get this...

http://i.imgur.com/ePOCiii.png

but yes, yes yes yes. it's great to have a scene and do shit with your friends who share the same interests.

Some of the post-hardcore I did like would include Refused, Glassjaw, Snapcase and At the Drive-In.

I used to love Snapcase, Inside, Gkassjaw, ATDI, Biohazzard, Silent Majority and Hatebreed. I still listen to Hatebreed now, the others, not so much. I dont even know where half of these albums are that I had. I used to love Windows by Snapcase. We used to go every Saturday night to either Dr Shays, the PWAC or some church basement for hardcore shows when I was in high school. I dont even know if they do them anymore.

my metal knowledge doesn't predate 2000 and doesn't go past 2005.

i don't listen to motley crue, iron maiden, slayer, or really anything akin to those bands.

the only exception is metallica, i guess. but even so, i'm not a huge metallica fan.

i had a bunch of pairs of JNCOs...also KIKwear or whatever the fuck cause they made shit even bigger than JNCOs

Didnt Kikwear come out as JNCO was going out of style? Didnt it have more straps or like suspenders that were attached? I used to love JNCO's, they were awesome with the long ass wallet chains. I still remember wearing my jean jacket with yhe metal patch on the back and the flannel shirt over your band shirt.

Didnt Kikwear come out as JNCO was going out of style? Didnt it have more straps or like suspenders that were attached? I used to love JNCO's, they were awesome with the long ass wallet chains. I still remember wearing my jean jacket with yhe metal patch on the back and the flannel shirt over your band shirt.

yeah, i think they did. JNCOs died. we needed bigger pants and Kikwear came along.

and then UFO's...those had all the straps and shit in the pockets...

and then i think they became the default raver pants.

i don't think i've ever worn flannel, but can completely relate to the sentiment.

i need to whip out my "scene" hoodie...

yeah, i think they did. JNCOs died. we needed bigger pants and Kikwear came along.

and then UFO's...those had all the straps and shit in the pockets...

and then i think they became the default raver pants.

i don't think i've ever worn flannel, but can completely relate to the sentiment.

i need to whip out my "scene" hoodie...

still packed. damn

now you know why i put scene in quotes and also said, "...or whatever the fuck"

also, i had to look up nikki sixx. i have no idea who that is.

Bassist and song-writer for M?tley Cr?e. If you tell me you don't know who M?tley Cr?e is, I'm done teaching for the day.

I dont know how much younger than me you are, but my scene was Jenco jeans and a tee shirt. No one dressed like those pictures.

Jeans, band shirt, Saucony shoes, tattoos and piercings. For the most part.

I'm sure the different sub-genres had all sorts of different cultural looks.

New BOYSETSFIRE single "One Match", with accompanying video:

Also, for fans of BSF or their vocalist Nathan Gray, check out his much heavier project I AM HERESY that really dives into the more Satanic elements and themes of his real-life Satanism views/beliefs:

Oooooo. I love BSF. Was really happy with their last release. Thanks for sharing.

I used to love Boy Sets Fire, but they softened up and got way too political. Their first and second albums were awesome, the third they really changed their sound, and I couldn't get into anything new by them. Their shows were like 75% political bullshit talk and 25% music. I hate that shit, I dont pay money to hear their political views, I want some talk and mostky music.

While a nation sleeps was really fucking good though.

I agree about the political rants by bands at live shows. Just shut up and play.

first two snapcase songs were great. less than three minutes - perfect.

that thing song though, i had to turn it off.

it's not that i can't appreciate some slower shit, but five and a half minutes of it - i have the attention span of a gnat.

Listen to Caboose, Harrison Bergeron, and Zombie prescription off of Progression through unlearning.

They do have quite the Helmet flavor. But theyre way better.