• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Surgery -- well that was fun

Respecttheblue

Had emergency gall bladder surgery last night. There were a set of circumstances that dictated the whole thing be removed.

I just want to say thanks to all the people who contributed to Rhommy's highly entertaining thread: The-Panic-Switch-and-the-Burning-Question

OK maybe out of date now, but oh so very readable ... I read it on and off for hours to help keep my mind off the pain all night as I tried one fail remedy after another (ranitidine (zantac 73 mg x 3) alaka seltzer gold, moving from one position to another in an attempt to get some relief with no avail., until I realized this was not a bad case of indigestion/acid reflux or anything of that ilk, but a more serious thing as the pain started to radiate with increased venom in all kinds of places.

At least it kept me going until 6 am until I could check in the to the ER. When it got to the point after about 6 hours that I could no longer think straight (my history of thinking straight, especially while badly playing

Took a couple of shots of morpheus to get it manageable and some antibiotics "to cool it off" as the ultrasound tech said, before it was removed. Fingers x'd it goes successful from here.

Anyone else been there. Must admit I thought of our tough hockey playing heroes who go into hospital on a regular basis for nasty repairs to their faces and bodies for inspiration. In my case 4 laparoscopic incisions including a nice inch-long one up from the belly button — maybe some pics when I get some semblance of abs back (though some would debate I ever had more than one ab ;) !

But the thread kept me going there a good while. I might have been better calling an ambulance, in retrospect, but... wide offered to take me at the crack o dawn.

Had emergency gall bladder surgery last night. There were a set of circumstances that dictated the whole thing be removed.

I just want to say thanks to all the people who made the thread entitled:

so very readable ... I tried to read it to keep my mind off the pain all night as I tried one fail remedy after another, moving from one position to another in an attempt to get some relief with no avail.

At least it kept me going until 6 am until I could check in the to the ER. When it got to the point that I could no longer think straight for the pain getting worse (after about 6 hours)

Took a couple of shots of morpheus to get it manageable and some antibiotics "to cool it off" as the ultrasound tech said, before it was removed. Fingers x'd it goes successful from here.

Anyone else been there. Must admit I thought of our tough hockey playing heroes who go into hospital on a regular basis for nasty repairs to their faces and bodies for inspiration. In my case 4 laparoscopic incisions including a nice inch-long one up from the belly button — maybe some pics when I get some semblance of abs back (though some would debate I ever had more than one ab ;) !

But the thread kept me going there a good while. Thought I might have been better calling an ambulance, just hate to use unnecessary resources.

Don't worry dude, bitches love scars.

The only pain I experienced that I would imagine is remotely close to what you went through was right before getting my appendix removed. It gradually increased over night to the point that I could barely stand. Was left with a couple of scars and happy pills for my trouble. Glad to know everything went all right for you.

:thumbs:

Don't worry dude, bitches love scars.

The only pain I experienced that I would imagine is remotely close to what you went through was right before getting my appendix removed. It gradually increased over night to the point that I could barely stand. Was left with a couple of scars and happy pills for my trouble. Glad to know everything went all right for you.

:thumbs:

There ya go ... and the wife said " not you know what it's like to give birth to kids... " but they always say that!

Yikes! You'll end up with crazy scar(s) from that, eh?

Glad to hear you're doing well though!

Thanks - about 3 small ones and one inch and change (I hope it stays that way) - laparoscopic -- in the old days it was a big one.

Feel better, dude!

Thanks, you deserve a lot of credit in also making that thread compelling (kinda pain-mitigating) reading ... who knew?

All the best Blue!!! Hang in there, atleast you'll be on the couch for The Masters!!

Cheers, that's for sure, but no beer.

Get well soon !!

Yeah, but I'm still "keeping my F'kin head up" ;);) per your sig :)

A nice scar is 10 times cooler than a tattoo. Get better man!

Thanks,

I was thinking the 4 scars will be kinda weird-looking -- one will look like a slight cesarian of the belly button :O

so I might as well tatoo, now, but who knows ;) lol

You know I was mentally thinking out some designs

Hope the dog is treating you good, Phil

Lol thanks..and ...funny you asked, but I had to plan it out, as he has some tricks

He did not nose-butt me hard in the crown jewels like he sometimes does when I come home!!

I was ready for that move -- met him outside, and kept my legs tight together, with my hands ready to protect my ju^k. :eek::eek:

Feel better man!

Cheers mate, working on it, believe it or not they want you to walk around a lot. Cos everything tightens up and adheres.

Rest up man!

And after that ... sleep -- no more all night Rhommy threads!!!

Geez. Hope everything's OK man. Glad I could facilitate your entertainment, though!

You know I gotta revisit that thread ... can't stay away

Archived