• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they played it

During the Edmure gets laid fakeout, haha. There was the instrumental melody but I was hoping that the awesome rendition from last season (posted) would make a montage-style appearance during Robb's death scene.

nah that wouldve been too cheesy and distracting. Theyve done a great job of drilling in the fans' minds what the song means in prior episodes so that there was no need for an explanation of why the band playing it was a bad thing. The way it was done (read: not changing much from the source material) was pretty much perfect

nah that wouldve been too cheesy and distracting. Theyve done a great job of drilling in the fans' minds what the song means in prior episodes so that there was no need for an explanation of why the band playing it was a bad thing. The way it was done (read: not changing much from the source material) was pretty much perfect

Oh it was totally well done. Not sure if people who watch the show casually and didn't even read the books would get the weight of the song (the melody played in the background) but overall, yea the show is being run well. Just that was the most significant application of the song, throughout the books as of DWD. I wanted it to be front and center.

Oh it was totally well done. Not sure if people who watch the show casually and didn't even read the books would get the weight of the song (the melody played in the background) but overall, yea the show is being run well. Just that was the most significant application of the song, throughout the books as of DWD. I wanted it to be front and center.

The only real change from the book is that Talisa dies pregnant in the show but in the book Jeyne is left at Riverrun and eventually returned to her family, not pregnant as far as we know.

Awesome stuff I've been waiting for this episode for a long time....LOVED how they left the ending titles without any music or sound whatsoever...just silence...so people get a chance to really get what just happened undisturbed....kind of like a sick goal in overtime playoffs, no comments needed.

When I read the books years ago I remember being disappointed and shocked at this point in the story...First Martin kills off Ned Stark my favorite until he died, ok then...lets get some revenge..you really want the starks to get their deserved revenge and it looks pretty good then BAM...they're all gone dude...I was pissed...but then started to realize that these kind of events are exactly why this series is beyond 99 % of all other fantasy because it's realistic...shit doesn't go down the way it's planned...and ppl are evil..and it's dirty..and if you're a hero you die...and if you stumble on root hitting your head on a rock you die....and if you sit with the wrong crowd at the bar you die...if you get the flu you die.....it's all dark and very nasty and ppl are clamoring like little ants against a tide to get some kind of control.

Excellent stuff.

• Like 1

I'm only half way through the 3rd book. Obviously didn't get to THAT part yet, and didn't see that coming, wow. I knew SOMETHING terrible was going to happen all episode, that much was certain the way it was progressing, but I was utterly shocked. The most shocked and surprised as I have ever been watching a movie, ever. I need to start rifling through the rest of the book because I'm dying to find out what happens next. Great stuff.

You'd think having read the books and known it was coming would have made it less tough to watch. It didn't.

Feast with the gods, King in the North.

Exactly. Reading the book did not prepare me for that scene. Terrific television.

@maggiekb1:

--

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's so funny. I have to re-watch the scene because I was staring at the Mrs. who didn't read the book and had absolutely no idea what was about to happen. She kept saying how smart Rob was being and was happy that this conflict was behind him so he could continue his battle with the Lannisters.

She said out loud, "why is the mom so interested in the band?" Then when Bolton showed the chain mail she was like, "what's going on?".

Then shock and anger.

I played it up a little earlier. When Bran and John didn't meet up, she asked if the Starks would ever get together. Then with Arya and Rob/Cat so close to meeting, she finally thought there was going to be a happy reunion.

I did have to tell her to look away with Grey Wind, but she didn't.

After all that, she was said something like, "Great, now that ass hole kid is going to win". I really had to try not to laugh.

I decided not to watch with anyone because I was giddy like a schoolgirl for this. I texted a friend of mine afterwards and told her so - after a lengthy conversation with her last night she messages me this morning:

"still traumatized"

Frey wasn't in season 2.

Well he was in the episodes prior to this one. I just don't remember which. It might have been Season 1, 2, or early in Season 3. Whenever Robb crosses the bridge for the first time. Either way, nobody else knew who he was, and neither did any of my friends who haven't read the books.

Awesome stuff I've been waiting for this episode for a long time....LOVED how they left the ending titles without any music or sound whatsoever...just silence...so people get a chance to really get what just happened undisturbed....kind of like a sick goal in overtime playoffs, no comments needed.

When I read the books years ago I remember being disappointed and shocked at this point in the story...First Martin kills off Ned Stark my favorite until he died, ok then...lets get some revenge..you really want the starks to get their deserved revenge and it looks pretty good then BAM...they're all gone dude...I was pissed...but then started to realize that these kind of events are exactly why this series is beyond 99 % of all other fantasy because it's realistic...shit doesn't go down the way it's planned...and ppl are evil..and it's dirty..and if you're a hero you die...and if you stumble on root hitting your head on a rock you die....and if you sit with the wrong crowd at the bar you die...if you get the flu you die.....it's all dark and very nasty and ppl are clamoring like little ants against a tide to get some kind of control.

Excellent stuff.

That sums it up well I think. Also my train of thoughts back then.

Reading really isn't anything like watching it. Just finished and admit I shed some tears for my king of the North.

How short and tragical his reign was. :(

Only a dead Frey is a good Frey.

That was S1 E9, I believe.

Also, I have to admit, I'm giddy right now because Jules is currently watching last nights episode and managed to avoid spoilers :)

FUCK MAN, I KNEW IT. I - KNEW - IT.

I was sensing someone would die, it was very blatant, and it had to be Robb. There was a DEAD giveaway earlier in the season, when one of them said about marrying his wife that he had lost the war when he did. The way that comment was so painstakingly focused on in the shot and that scene, I knew once the problems started to arise that it was going to be Robb. I did expect that Catelyn would survive and obviously Arya would.

Most of all, I'm really bummed a storyline just ended the way it did. It was just... so out of the blue. I am not sure I felt it was more shocking than Ned's death, because at the time of Ned's death I was stunned to see a top character go. By now, I was expecting it.

Also have to add how fucking great the hound is...the actor portraying him is just FABULOUS. He truly has captured the Hounds personality of pained silent melancholy combined with brutal deadliness and honesty.

Every scene he's in is awesome and he truly has way of showing us the truth of things both in his actions and his words.

There's no fucking around with the hound, if in doubt, go and ask him and he will tell you how it is or he will kill you and show you how it is.

We need The Hound on the Rangers in a bad way.

When Scottish actor Richard Madden finished shooting The Red Wedding, he went straight to the airport in Belfast, Northern Ireland, got on a plane and left the city.

The emotions of shooting not only his final scene of Season 3, but his final scene as Robb Stark in “Game of Thrones,” were felt deeply by the actor. Filming Robb’s death, at the hands of Lord Walder Frey’s men, and his own right hand man, Lord Roose Bolton (who betrayed the young wolf and dealt the final blow at the wedding of Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey), left Richard with a heavy heart on his short journey home.

“I cried the whole way,” he admitted to AccessHollywood.com, at the end of a conference call with a small group of reporters, about his dramatic exit from the show. “I was the crazy boy on the plane crying at about midnight, landing in London.”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/game-of-thrones-richard-madden-on-being-left-in-tears-after-shooting-the-red-wedding_article_80263