• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the episode, MY FAVORITE. It was real good.

I fucking hate Joffrey!

Tyrion Lannister is by far my favorite character from anything ever. Between Martin's writing, and Dinklage's acting, Tyrion is just awesome.

:+1: My favorite. He's so awesome. Just the way he talks, I don't know, something about it

Well, that was probably the most accurate episode of the season. Only thing that bothered me was

No Jojen and Meera. I kinda thought they were necessary to the story line.

well, as I stated in the group, I'm betting ANYTHING that Osha will take the place of both Jojen and Meera. They love Natalie Tena, and the name change of Asha --> Yara suggests they intend on keeping Osha around for a while. The biggest issue for me as far as the books go was that she asked the Tickler killed, when in the books she asks Chiswyck and kills the Tickler herself

That ghost killing Renley in the beginning was somewhat shocking... but overall seemed an average episode.

Just this week, my friend was telling me how much he loved Renly after last week's episode and that he thought that he was going to "win the war and become the true king". I snickered to myself since I read the books. I should text him tonight and see how he feels now. :)

well, as I stated in the group, I'm betting ANYTHING that Osha will take the place of both Jojen and Meera. They love Natalie Tena, and the name change of Asha --> Yara suggests they intend on keeping Osha around for a while. The biggest issue for me as far as the books go was that she asked the Tickler killed, when in the books she asks Chiswyck and kills the Tickler herself

Guys, this discussion is exactly why we created the group. Remember? ;)

Yeah, slow episode. Still good, only minor changes and I overall liked it.

Though I kinda wonder what happened to the northern guardsmen Lady Catelyn had, when she arrived at Renlys camp. It's not like she would have traveled alone. lol

Don't know for sure, but it seemed like an in the moment clusterfuck where they just had to slip out the back door. No time to go wandering around looking for people to go with you.

As far as set up episodes go, it was decent. When you're doing a long translation of a story like this, there are going to be segments where you need to advance a lot of story with not much action.

Personally I find the slow burn episodes like last Sunday's much more enjoyable than the ones where there's too much to digest going on. The beauty of this story is in it's telling, not the very specific, very large action scenes or major twists/turns IMO. I love the nuances between characters. Call me crazy, but I'll take a conniving scene with Tyrion completely controlling someone (like Lancel) over the overt action.

Personally I find the slow burn episodes like last Sunday's much more enjoyable than the ones where there's too much to digest going on. The beauty of this story is in it's telling, not the very specific, very large action scenes or major twists/turns IMO. I love the nuances between characters. Call me crazy, but I'll take a conniving scene with Tyrion completely controlling someone (like Lancel) over the overt action.

Agreed. Tyrion is tormenting the poor lad. Scrap that, he still gets to fuck Cersei.

I like the combination, which is why I like the show. The story telling, acting, grit and action all coming together. Take away any one of those things and it's less epic. As I said, I don't dislike the occassional episode that needs to be missing story or action in order to further the plot. Not every episode can have that perfect balance because the story is too involved for that.

Oh, and Tyrion is the shit.

Thought last night's episode was brilliant. Liked how all the to kill or not to kill decisions played out so far. Also, would not want to be the person who stole Khaleesi's dragons.