• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the last two episodes were a little underwhelming. Some of these recently introduced characters don't interest me at all so far.

The scene with Tyrion telling all three something else was very well directed though, that was good.

yeah that was definitely easier to follow than the books because that whole thing happened over like 3-4 chapters in the book instead of within like 15 minutes. Like if I recall he did the three separate marriage things and then we find out Pycelle betrayed him like 3 Tyrion chapters after the fact

hahahaha. I didnt picture it exactly that way...

Davos' "what the fuck am I watching" face was hysterical.

And the Qartheen remind of Disney characters. Not in a bad way, just the way they (at least the merchant) came across in tone.

Edited by NYRangers92

:rofl:

I was waiting for this scene specifically to see these types of responses! :D

I thought Joffrey making the 2 girls beat each other was disturbing.. then that last scene. I was literally covering my eyes peeking thru my fingers. As if a birthing scene isn't already disturbing enough.......... they had to go do that.

I thought Joffrey making the 2 girls beat each other was disturbing.. then that last scene. I was literally covering my eyes peeking thru my fingers. As if a birthing scene isn't already disturbing enough.......... they had to go do that.

Yup. And it'll only get weirder from here. Remember — this is a fantasy series. For every reality-based scenario there are likely two-to-three very fantasy-like ones.

The scene with Joffrey forcing Ros to beat one of her girls, to my recollection, never happened in the books, but it did a fantastic job of helping to push the issue of his being a vile, sadistic little shit very well. As you saw with Ser Meryn and the Hound, he regularly has Sansa beaten and stripped before Tyrion comes to her aid.

Yup. And it'll only get weirder from here. Remember — this is a fantasy series. For every reality-based scenario there are likely two-to-three very fantasy-like ones.

The scene with Joffrey forcing Ros to beat one of her girls, to my recollection, never happened in the books, but it did a fantastic job of helping to push the issue of his being a vile, sadistic little shit very well. As you saw with Ser Meryn and the Hound, he regularly has Sansa beaten and stripped before Tyrion comes to her aid.

The thing is, at least from my perspective, that we've seen so little fantasy thus far that when it DOES happen it almost seems out of place. And the fantasy we have seen didn't compare to tonight... I don't know why, but the blue eyed things beyond the wall and the dragons don't scream fantasy as much as some black ghost morphing demon thing crawling out of a vag. :rofl:

The thing is, at least from my perspective, that we've seen so little fantasy thus far that when it DOES happen it almost seems out of place. And the fantasy we have seen didn't compare to tonight... I don't know why, but the blue eyed things beyond the wall and the dragons don't scream fantasy as much as some black ghost morphing demon thing crawling out of a vag. :rofl:

There's definitely a degree to how unrealistic some of the fantasy aspects are than others.

The wights (Others) you haven't seen enough of yet, IMO. Once you do, they'll jump right up there along with birthing shadows.

Dragons are a natural.

Repped sir.

hehe i was surprised it wasn't mentioned yet

Thank god for GoT, every week it provides me with awesome entertainment unlike these....Rangers..

these frickin episodes just fly by though. feels like they are no more than 15 minutes long each.

Folks....again, you should do yourselves a favor and let go of the whole book vs show thing, you will just ruin the show for yourselves.

It's an awesome show on tv BASED on the books, and just like there was no Bombadil and all kinds of changes in the LOTR movies vs the books they still rocked. Same thing with this show, accept it for what it is and just enjoy it.

GREAT episode last night IMO. This is such a great story i'm getting pissed off it's only on once a week.