• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's real. I've seen it both for download and on HBOGO.

I am tempted, very tempted.

I already caved in and will watch it later today with my dad. :D

Kinda hope Episode 3 comes early next week too, cause he is away when it's aired officially and I am not allowed to watch without him. :D:D (he needs me as a living Wiki :D)

Ugh, that was a dissapointment. Worst episode of the series so far by a wide margin.

The writers tendencies to show us what is only hinted at in the books, rises it's ugly head once more and man was it ugly.

Isn't the beauty of film supposed to be that subtlety can be...less subtle? I mean, for example, you had to do some decent "read-between-the-lines" to figure out that Renly and Loras had a more-than-friends relationship, whereas in film it's a bit easier to convey.

You're too smart to be one of those people who expects the visual to adhere dogmatically to the print. You must know that people aren't as smart as we'd like them to be (for example, two of my friends watched season 1 - one of them realizes what Ned has found out and goes "He knows who the father of her children is!!"...the other responds...this is her 4th watch-through... "Who?") - writers need to make things more obvious to have them picked up on.

Isn't the beauty of film supposed to be that subtlety can be...less subtle? I mean, for example, you had to do some decent "read-between-the-lines" to figure out that Renly and Loras had a more-than-friends relationship, whereas in film it's a bit easier to convey.

You're too smart to be one of those people who expects the visual to adhere dogmatically to the print. You must know that people aren't as smart as we'd like them to be (for example, two of my friends watched season 1 - one of them realizes what Ned has found out and goes "He knows who the father of her children is!!"...the other responds...this is her 4th watch-through... "Who?") - writers need to make things more obvious to have them picked up on.

While this may be true, I have to disagree a bit, cause in this case we're speaking of things that were only rumors in the books and never confirmed to be true (or false for that matter). People also are not as dumb as we think most of the time, if you have people talking about what happens

to Crasters male children

you don't HAVE to make up a scene that shows it.

I am also tired of the Littlefinger in brothel scenes, how many more?

And who will sit there once Petyr leaves King's Landing? Does the Eyrie have brothels? Propely after he arrived...

Especially if they are totally pointless, I have still no idea what that was about.

Not everything was bad though, Aryas scenes were nice and Theon on Pyke was just as dumb as I expected. lol

While this may be true, I have to disagree a bit, cause in this case we're speaking of things that were only rumors in the books and never confirmed to be true (or false for that matter). People also are not as dumb as we think most of the time, if you have people talking about what happens

to Crasters male children

you don't HAVE to make up a scene that shows it.

I am also tired of the Littlefinger in brothel scenes, how many more?

And who will sit there once Petyr leaves King's Landing? Does the Eyrie have brothels? Propely after he arrived...

Especially if they are totally pointless, I have still no idea what that was about.

Not everything was bad though, Aryas scenes were nice and Theon on Pyke was just as dumb as I expected. lol

Beg pardon, mate, but that scene wasn't about CRASTERS male children - that was about Joffrey having all of Roberts bastards executed, which did in fact happen in the book. The Littlefinger/brothel scenes are a bit much, but they're incredible insight into his character

edit - FUCK, I think you've watched the second episode - we can't see that yet in the USA

Michael Ausiello on a particular scene involving a character (if you read the book you know this)

Ausiello: Episode 4 contains the most confusing/disturbing/disorienting birth scene in TV history.

ACOK....

I honestly never thought of Melisandre actually "birthing" the shadow...I always took that euphemistically

ACOK....

I honestly never thought of Melisandre actually "birthing" the shadow...I always took that euphemistically

From a series where a queen walked into a literal fire with dragon's eggs and "gave birth" to three of them?

I took it literally. She spit out a shadow.

well, the book

did describe her as being extremely pregnant. And I viewed it literally after some sort of shadow killed Renly. I connected the two and figured she birthed the shadow that killed Renly in the same way she birthed the one that killed the Lord at Storm's End (forgot his name).

well, the book

did describe her as being extremely pregnant. And I viewed it literally after some sort of shadow killed Renly. I connected the two and figured she birthed the shadow that killed Renly in the same way she birthed the one that killed the Lord at Storm's End (forgot his name).

Ser Cortnay Penrose

@Rhommy

Yes, I talked about episode 2, I had said that I already have it, repeatedly. ;)

That's also why I set the spoiler-tags.

well, the book

It did? I so don't remember that, but it has been a while since CoK for me. I still took it literally. [spoiler=medium spoiler episode2]That would explain that one scene in episode 2 though...., still don't like it

They are within spoiler tags, which makes them OK to be posted here. The do not post spoilers addition to the thread title was for spoilers posted outright, not embedded in hidden content tabs that users have to CHOOSE to view or not.

It's not "hijacked" at all. There's simply a specific discussion going on about a specific set of events happening in this book/time frame.

Were this a Song of Fire and Ice forum, I would/could split this into a number of threads to keep those who've only read or watched to a certain point to a certain forum or thread, but there's just no point in doing that here.

Spoiler tags will be used for information that would spoil the episode airings, otherwise natural discussion abou the show is to be expected.

I fail to see this as anything but an individual issue with either not having the will power not to open spoiler tags, or the annoyance of not having enough of you left who did not read the books, and instead of sticking to watching the show, though even Harris seems to be handling that fine, and I doubt anything has been spoiled for him that he didn't spoil for himself by opening one of those tags.

Edited by Phil in Absentia