• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

I was being sarcastic with a hint of truth, I'm not going to fall on my sword over it.

Fact is that it's annoying to come into a thread and the last 10 posts are discussing how the show relates to the book, and there's already a thread for the books. Just my $.02.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being sarcastic with a hint of truth, I'm not going to fall on my sword over it.

Fact is that it's annoying to come into a thread and the last 10 posts are discussing how the show relates to the book, and there's already a thread for the books. Just my $.02.

I get that, but the topics were split into book v. show to allow for the book-related only discussion to manifest itself there and not flood this thread. That doesn't mean there can't be cross-over at all, though, since the show is after all based on them.

The only way to really provide you with what you need is to have two separate threads – a spoiler-free one (that is 100% spoiler-free) and a spoilers-OK one.

Well it's getting difficult. We have to discuss the plot of the Show here, cause there are still some who haven't read the books and also the show will differ from the original story.

There are already so many different discussions in the other thread that it's getting difficult to keep track of what already has been discussed. We propably could fill an own sub-board with all this, but that would also make no sense.

Or maybe we could use the group feature for that? I don't know.

I don't want to make a big deal about it, but it's like when you're at a house party in HS and all the nerds are relegated to one room — but when you walk into the cool kids room, you find nerds there, too. :p

It's not a huge deal, but I'd have to agree with Peetie on this. I thought the point of the book thread was that all book discussion would go there, whether just about the book OR about the show/book comparisons.. which is logical.

If every time an episode airs you guys go off on tangent discussions for the entire week on comparisons with the book then wtf is the point. I appreciate everyone putting in the tags and all but like Peetie said you're sorta hijacking the thread with book shit.

It's not a huge deal, but I'd have to agree with Peetie on this. I thought the point of the book thread was that all book discussion would go there, whether just about the book OR about the show/book comparisons.. which is logical.

If every time an episode airs you guys go off on tangent discussions for the entire week on comparisons with the book then wtf is the point. I appreciate everyone putting in the tags and all but like Peetie said you're sorta hijacking the thread with book shit.

That's what I'm saying.

And not to call out H-Dreamer [apologies], but now it's in my head that this week's episode "sucks", so I'm ready for a let down. Just disappointing.

Well, I can have that discussion moved over, but this thread is going to end up relatively bare if all the users who've now read are no longer participating in this thread.

There might be a good amount of people who haven't read the books who are avoiding this thread because they don't want the shows "spoiled".

I also don't see how people who are reading books can't banter about the latest episode without delving into a conversation about what happens 2 books later...

Edited by Pete

I don't want to make a big deal about it, but it's like when you're at a house party in HS and all the nerds are relegated to one room — but when you walk into the cool kids room, you find nerds there, too. :p

Cool kids suck anyway soo. :D

I get where you're coming from, but as Rome said. If we're not discussing the episodes here, then there won't be much talk and correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see much talk about what happens in the future here.

Also I have to out into perspective my comment of episode 2, I am dissapointed about it and stand by my words that it is the worst yet. I wouldn't really say it sucked though, it's still complaining on a high standard and people like Harris will have their own opinion anyway, cause they don't compare it to the books, which I sadly can't stop doing.

Still my question to Phil stands, there are groups on other topics and as I see it they contain multiple threads. That could be the solution here. Leave this threat for short comments and open a group for all book/show/comparison-discussions.

Cool kids suck anyway soo. :D

I get where you're coming from, but as Rome said. If we're not discussing the episodes here, then there won't be much talk and correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see much talk about what happens in the future here.

Also I have to out into perspective my comment of episode 2, I am dissapointed about it and stand by my words that it is the worst yet. I wouldn't really say it sucked though, it's still complaining on a high standard and people like Harris will have their own opinion anyway, cause they don't compare it to the books, which I sadly can't stop doing.

Still my question to Phil stands, there are groups on other topics and as I see it they contain multiple threads. That could be the solution here. Leave this threat for short comments and open a group for all book/show/comparison-discussions.

I'm fine with using the groups, but I'm still not sure everyone else would be. Groups didn't seem to fare well here.

There might be a good amount of people who haven't read the books who are avoiding this thread because they don't want the shows "spoiled".

I also don't see how people who are reading books can't banter about the latest episode without delving into a conversation about what happens 2 books later...

Maybe, but the majority of the activity I see in these threads is coming from those of us reading, or those who've read completely.

The only two, in fact, off hand, I can think of who haven't are you and Harris, so it's a risk regardless.

Either way, I'm fine with moving the discussion away, but it's likely to kill this thread, IMO.

Fine by me, I'm a big advocate of groups. People didn't seem to like them because it required a few extra clicks of a mouse to get to them. :rolleyes:

And the posts propably don't count to the overall post-counter of the user.:rolleyes:

I know this problem.

@Rome

Well, your decision I'd say. We could see how it works, if we discuss the show in the other thread, first.

Well, for now, I'll open the group on it.

Let's give it a week and see how it does.

I'm not holding my breath on us having success with it, though. No groups seem to have had it.

--

Scratch that — seems vBulletin has a limit on the number of groups a user can create that I can't seem to find a control for. I'll look into upping that now, but for now one of you will need to author it.

Edited by Phil in Absentia