• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[Non-forum related] Fantasy Hockey

Cash or Czech

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I've been going back and forth with a guy in my league for a while now, here's the final (according to him) open offer if I want Carey Price:

Give: Ryan Miller, Joe Pavelski

Get: Carey Price

Other goalies: Rinne, Lindback, Bernier

Stats:

Skaters: G, A, PPP, +/-, Hits, SOG, Faceoff wins, GWG

Goalies: W, L, GAA, SV%, SOs

Thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...
Here's fantasy hockey for you...

I have 2 teams, pretty much the same players.

1 league I'm up 10-0 over the best team.

1 league I'm down 9-0 to the worst team.

So, most of the season, I had a top team in 1 league, worst team in the other. Went on a tear the last month and squeeked into the playoffs based on a tie breaker (6 of 12). I'm usually the first team out of the playoffs in this league, so its good to finally make it. But I didnt think I had a chance and didnt make necessary roster moves these last 2 weeks. Could end up hurting me.

Brian Elliott: single-handedly carrying my goaltending categories in the playoffs. I knocked off the top seed last week, and with his two recent shutouts (I think 3 straight now) I've already met the minimum games played of 4 (I have Rask and Rinne too) with a GAA under 1.50 and a SV% over .965. About to knock off the two seed if not much changes over the weekend.

Holy shit did Left Wing Lock ever fuck me today. I checked at like 11:30AM, and it said that Anton Khudobin was the starter for Boston, and it said "Confirmed." So I benched Tuukka Rask. And then he plays, and goes on to get a shutout. That shutout would've singlehandedly swung every goalie category in my favor. Instead I'm probably going to lose. God that SUCKS.

• 5 months later...

12-team league, normal scoring

Hate my team.

Hrudey & theBlowfish

1. (9) Patrick Kane (Chi - C,RW)

2. (16) Pavel Datsyuk (Det - C,LW)

3. (33) Erik Karlsson (Ott - D)

4. (40) Kris Letang (Pit - D)

5. (57) Kari Lehtonen (Dal - G)

6. (64) Joe Thornton (SJ - C)

7. (81) Milan Lucic (Bos - LW)

8. (88) Ondrej Pavelec (Wpg - G)

9. (105) Blake Wheeler (Wpg - RW)

10. (112) Johan Franzen (Det - LW,RW)

11. (129) Pascal Dupuis (Pit - LW,RW)

12. (136) Dany Heatley (Min - LW,RW)

13. (153) Marek Zidlicky (NJ - D)

14. (160) Tim Thomas (Fla - G)

15. (177) Jiri Tlusty (Car - LW)

16. (184) Sheldon Souray (Anh - D)

Clearly this league is non-hockey fans?

Crosby goes 3rd? Your forwards are stacked but your D is meh. Drouin and Jones are reaches, even for the bench.

Tavares went No. 1 and Stamkos went No. 2. This is league full of hockey fans, and it seemed that the draft went differently because certain guys kept falling. I drafted on D the way I did because my forwards will carry me for offensive categories and I will look for my defense to chip in for hits, plus-minus and PPP.

I always take two rookies just to see how things shake out, but I am happy with how my team went.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8936/tgtu.png http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1746/4dqb.png http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6756/1b2.png

Tavares went No. 1 and Stamkos went No. 2. This is league full of hockey fans, and it seemed that the draft went differently because certain guys kept falling. I drafted on D the way I did because my forwards will carry me for offensive categories and I will look for my defense to chip in for hits, plus-minus and PPP.

I always take two rookies just to see how things shake out, but I am happy with how my team went.

:rofl:

I know. Sportsnet has Crosby pegged for 110 points, and Tavares for 102, so I don't know if the guy who took him thought he was making a smart decision.

Maybe because Crosby gets hurt a lot, but you have to go Stamkos and even Malkin before JT.

I think your D is kind of weak. Getting Voynov in round 10 is a steal, but the rest is pretty meh. They're good defensemen for sure, but they won't get you many points in a fantasy league. I really like using a high round pick taking a great D. Subban, Karlsson (when he was healthy), and even OEL last year were huge for my team.

I think your D is kind of weak. Getting Voynov in round 10 is a steal, but the rest is pretty meh. They're good defensemen for sure, but they won't get you many points in a fantasy league. I really like using a high round pick taking a great D. Subban, Karlsson (when he was healthy), and even OEL last year were huge for my team.

I don't. But I took 2 Dmen early.

:doh:

My only money league draft of the year is this Thursday at 11, have the 7th/12th pick. No idea who I want there honestly.

I think that's such a shit spot. I had 9 & 16. I hate those. I really like 2/23 type picks, not a lot of guys in the 6-20 ranks that I like.

You can get P Kane with the first, then get a goalie with the next. Should have Rinne/Lundqvist/Rask still on the board.

You can probably get Kane or Kessel at 7, and Karlsson at 12.

I think that's such a shit spot. I had 9 & 16. I hate those. I really like 2/23 type picks, not a lot of guys in the 6-20 ranks that I like.

You can get P Kane with the first, then get a goalie with the next. Should have Rinne/Lundqvist/Rask still on the board.

Depending on the league there's no reason to take a goalie that early.

Head-to-head categories. You win 6-5, then that's your record for the week. Hank went top 4 last year and believe he will go that high again. I am really hoping Giroux/Kane fall to me there.

Depending on the league there's no reason to take a goalie that early.

Head-to-head categories. You win 6-5, then that's your record for the week. Hank went top 4 last year and believe he will go that high again. I am really hoping Giroux/Kane fall to me there.

We have same type of league, 12 players. Goalies DOMINATE. Or did, even moreso before. We changed it to Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Shots Against (SA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Still go really early.

I mean Patrick not Evander. He's losing his luster.

I know you did ;) I'll still grab the other Kane, as soon as I can, these guys know how much I like him and will scum me of picking him like they did to me last year.

We have same type of league, 12 players. Goalies DOMINATE. Or did, even moreso before. We changed it to Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Shots Against (SA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Still go really early.

Yeah we don't have shots against, we have saves instead, but the rest we have also. They still go early.

Archived