• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[Non-forum related] Fantasy Hockey

Cash or Czech

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got offered Iginla (RW) for Ryan O'Reilly (C, LW) straight up.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG

Roster I've got already:

Kesler ©

Monahan ©

O'Reilly (C, LW)

Raymond (LW)

Eberle (RW)

Kane (C, RW)

Franson (D)

Burns (RW, D)

Pietrangelo (D)

Del Zotto (D)

H. Sedin ©

Hertl (C, LW)

Zetterberg (C, LW)

Carter (C, LW, RW)

Williams (RW)

Benn (LW)

Timonen (D)

I'm inclined to say yes. I've got five LW eligible players already, and Iggy is a SOG magnet who's bound to start potting quite a few.

Yay? Nay?

Well, the way I see it, great as ROR is, I'm still pikcing up plenty in the West with Benn, Carter and Zetta. I need another Eastern player, so flipping for Iggy makes sense in that respect. My team is predominantly West players.

Noted, but ROR is probably going to beat out Iginla in every other category, including short handed points. Iginla will be his 5th RW behind Carter, Eberle, Kane and Williams (who are all better than he is), and Carter and Williams are good shot sources.

He can get more for ROR, or send less for Iginla. It's a trade for trade's sake right now.

Tried packaging Giroux and Halak for Tavares from my friend who needs a goalie. He countered with Couture and Price. I said see ya. Sent out some texts and the best offer I could get was Giroux straight up for Jeff Carter. I'm not sure if I should wait and see if Giroux pulls out of this slump or pull the trigger and get Carter while I still can. I need to change it up to raise in the standings before it gets too late.

Is Frans Nielsen still available in your league? He'd be a good pickup while you're waiting for Giroux to get his head out of his ass.

Nielson is taken. My team is pretty strong, though.

C: Malkin, Seguin, Spezza, Giroux

LW: Couture, Downie, Steen

RW: Gaborik, Jagr

IR: Hall

D: Suter, Justin Schultz, Voynov, Burns

G: Price, Varlamov,Halak

Most of my guys have dual positions as well. I'm just looking for a boost since I'm in 7th out of 8 and I could use the extra offense.

It doesn't make sense to trade Giroux now. His value will never be lower. It's a long season, and you can't go in firesale mode after three weeks. You gotta wait until his value goes up, and THEN try and solve some needs with him right now. But if the best you can get is Jeff Carter, you're better off holding on to Giroux hoping he turns it around, y'know?

I've almost got a different guy on St. Louis for Giroux and Halak. The thing is, my RW is my weakest position even if Giroux and Malkin are both C/RW. I think that's an upgrade for now and the rest of the season. Plus I have Varlamov and Price to carry the load in net with Nabokov on the waiver wire if I wanted to pick up a 3rd goalie. Plus St. Louis will outproduce Giroux, IMO. So much going wrong for Philadelphia. I don't think getting St. Louis is selling low. He's probably one of the 15 players better than Giroux right now.

Have goaltending, need scoring. Specifically RW, but I have a lot of multi-position players. Malkin and Giroux both double as RWers.

Goalies: Price, Varlamov, Giguere, Halak

Guy wants Halak, offered me Nielsen and Ladd. No need of centers, so I think I'm going to counter by asking for Backes and Eriksson. Thoughts?

Have goaltending, need scoring. Specifically RW, but I have a lot of multi-position players. Malkin and Giroux both double as RWers.

Goalies: Price, Varlamov, Giguere, Halak

Guy wants Halak, offered me Nielsen and Ladd. No need of centers, so I think I'm going to counter by asking for Backes and Eriksson. Thoughts?

I'd do Halak for Nielsen and Ladd. That's just me though.

Archived