• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Let's Try This Again

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fair, but Geo just gave up 5 to the same team...Because the team played like trash in front of him.

The situation is, today, that both these goalies are only as good as the team in front of them and it does no good to keep one on the shelf for a month and then dust him off in a must win game.

The larger picture is the Rangers have had problems in the defensive zone all season regardless of who is in net. For a short stretch Shesterkin was able to erase more of the mistakes, our offense was pounding in goals, and we had a nice winning streak.

Without Kreider we lose some of that offensive production. So either we shore things up in the defensive zone, or get some hot goalie play - otherwise we're going to be in a lot of 4-3, 5-4 type games.

I don't think we need to go full Tortorella, but we need more work ethic, skating, body-checking, etc in our defensive zone given our current situation.

I do and apparently the organization agreed. They're not in a position to be sacrificing any assets for short-term contributions on a team that isn't a cup contender.

They can't trade for anyone. They can't sign anyone. No one is a significant improvement in Hartford. They are what they are.

Rykov is slow. Hajek has worse decision-making than Staal. Pick your poison.

Why would calling anyone up be a waste? If they aren't playing to win/ push for the playoffs what you're saying doesn't make sense to me. If they only have 2 call ups remaining (is that accurate? They have called up 4 or 5 guys this season)... Who cares? They wouldn't care... They have played the entire season with 1 or 2 reserve players. With three players on the IR, they need to add someone somehow. Which is why I suggested the has beens I listed. Wouldn't count as a call up. I don't think they are near the contract limit.

If the Rangers aren't going for it, why didn't they trade Fast or Georgiev?

Hajek is flat out more useful than Staal is right now. Staal literally does NOTHING well right now. Skating, passing, defending, blocking shots, clearing traffic. Nothing. He looks like Girardi did in the cup finals. Gassed. Done. He needs to sit.

If anything the Rangers need to be garbage pickers and claim literally anyone off waivers. They cant be "what they are" going on with the rest of the season. Not after making decisions that were more of a going for a push variety.

Why would calling anyone up be a waste? If they aren't playing to win/ push for the playoffs what you're saying doesn't make sense to me. If they only have 2 call ups remaining (is that accurate? They have called up 4 or 5 guys this season)... Who cares? They wouldn't care... They have played the entire season with 1 or 2 reserve players. With three players on the IR, they need to add someone somehow. Which is why I suggested the has beens I listed. Wouldn't count as a call up. I don't think they are near the contract limit.

Postdeadline you get 4 callups. The Rangers used to 2 when they sent down Howden and Gauthier at the deadline to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs. They have 2 remaining for the regular season with the exception of emergency recalls. That's just how that works.

If the Rangers aren't going for it, why didn't they trade Fast or Georgiev?

Because they've made it clear multiple times that they're not interested in trading Georgiev. Evidently they also want to keep Fast.

Hajek is flat out more useful than Staal is right now. Staal literally does NOTHING well right now. Skating, passing, defending, blocking shots, clearing traffic. Nothing. He looks like Girardi did in the cup finals. Gassed. Done. He needs to sit.

Hajek is still worse. He's just a better skater.

If anything the Rangers need to be garbage pickers and claim literally anyone off waivers. They cant be "what they are" going on with the rest of the season. Not after making decisions that were more of a going for a push variety.

I don't see how that helps at all. You're just advocating for picking up any garbage for the sake of change. That makes no sense.

He looks slow getting back up after saves, but I can't blame him on ANY goals. Are you watching the same game here?

Yep, watched the same game and watch 5 goals go into the net. I don't blame the game on Hank but to say ALL the goals were strictly because of defense or because it was a ppg is the same bs that's been said for years.

Yep, watched the same game and watch 5 goals go into the net. I don't blame the game on Hank but to say ALL the goals were strictly because of defense or because it was a ppg is the same bs that's been said for years.
What did you think of the 5 goals that went in the net Friday?

I wouldn't expect him to, after a month layoff.

But like we said earlier, this team always needs multiple bailouts because they can't defend.

Buyout would be best for both sides. Then he'll sign somewhere for league minimum and win a cup.

He looks slow getting back up after saves, but I can't blame him on ANY goals. Are you watching the same game here?

It?s called depression. He?s thinking today of all days, these chose to mail it in. He hasn?t played in forever, and these guys chose to not play at all ...

I missed this game entirely (other than NHL score updates on the phone) and the thread helped illuminate the dark day this was for us. Also, it was "Kids Day" which I always think suck for energy in the building and team performance. Carry on. It's going to get harder as we move along but the experience for these young dudes is valuable. LGR!

Can't blame Hank on those goals. Maybe the rebound on the second goal...but then again, no one took the man in fron of the net.

But I have noticed his reactions are a little slower, but more is how far he gets out of position sometimes after a save, like he cant stop his momentum anymore. He's not as tight on his skates as he was last year, so when he reaches, he's out of position. On the SHG, he totally missed it and made that Flyer player look like an all star.

But the team has played like crap since San Jose. We have good goal tending with Lundqvist, really good with Georgie, and FANTASTIC with Shesterkin.

This team needs fantastic goaltending to win games. 2-3 unbelievable saves per game. Regular good goal tending is not going to cut it.

To say disappointing is an understatement. Not bashing any particular player. However, I don't think this young group was mentally prepared for the loss of Shesterken and Kreider. The uncertainty leading up to the trade deadline, imo, took its toll. Now they are in a real fight for play-off position, and have squandered the games in hand. That alone, is critical. Just for a moment, imagine if the PK performed as it should have. Rangers win, 3-2. Throw in the shortie given up; 3-1. St. Louis is a huge test. I'm as always, thinking positive thoughts. T.G. all you doom and gloomers.

I missed this game entirely (other than NHL score updates on the phone) and the thread helped illuminate the dark day this was for us. Also, it was "Kids Day" which I always think suck for energy in the building and team performance. Carry on. It's going to get harder as we move along but the experience for these young dudes is valuable. LGR!

Know the NHL and NBC want the NY market on their national games. So NYR cannot turn that down. But NYR have been horrible in Sunday afternoon games forever.

• Like 1

Postdeadline you get 4 callups. The Rangers used to 2 when they sent down Howden and Gauthier at the deadline to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs. They have 2 remaining for the regular season with the exception of emergency recalls. That's just how that works.

Because they've made it clear multiple times that they're not interested in trading Georgiev. Evidently they also want to keep Fast.

Hajek is still worse. He's just a better skater.

I don't see how that helps at all. You're just advocating for picking up any garbage for the sake of change. That makes no sense.

I understand how the call ups limit works man. I'm just saying, what are they saving them for? Idk, I think any depth or any offense such as Lettieri , or a defenseman who isn't a traffic cone should be injected into the lineup or roster, simply because they made the decision to try to make the playoffs.

I think the Rangers need all the help they can get at this point. If anything with NHL experience is available, I think they need to grab them. Uncle Giuseppe isn't moving the needle anymore. McKegg must be someone in the organizations nephew, because he has no redeeming hockey quality. If Brandon Pirri gets sent back down Inna day, I fucking grab him. Why not? If Vegas can find a need for him, why can't this banged up mess? Josh Ho sang? Dude the Rangers have holes and guys like this should be grabbed to fill them. Smith, McKegg, Di Giuseppe, Haley ( I know he's been out). .Why? These guys are not useful to the team.

What BS is that? Please go on and tell me how bad Lundqvist has been for years and years.

It'll always be Hank's fault to the hypocrites that abound here. One day it's YAY Hank! Next day it's Nay Hank. Funny how peeps forget. Guy hasn't played in almost a month, gets thrown into the fray against a hot team fighting for 1st place, faces a PP in the first 30 seconds, another 2 because of stupid penalties. And then another bonehead play on a NYR PP, results in a breakaway goal. Yup. All Hank's fault. Take that crap away and the NYR win the game.

I understand how the call ups limit works man. I'm just saying, what are they saving them for? Idk, I think any depth or any offense such as Lettieri , or a defenseman who isn't a traffic cone should be injected into the lineup or roster, simply because they made the decision to try to make the playoffs.

I think the Rangers need all the help they can get at this point. If anything with NHL experience is available, I think they need to grab them. Uncle Giuseppe isn't moving the needle anymore. McKegg must be someone in the organizations nephew, because he has no redeeming hockey quality. If Brandon Pirri gets sent back down Inna day, I fucking grab him. Why not? If Vegas can find a need for him, why can't this banged up mess? Josh Ho sang? Dude the Rangers have holes and guys like this should be grabbed to fill them. Smith, McKegg, Di Giuseppe, Haley ( I know he's been out). .Why? These guys are not useful to the team.

If Ho Sang was worth anything Lamoriello and Trotz are not kicking him to the curb. He's a problem child.

Honestly, given how Quinn has turned ADA around, I'd take a flyer on HoSang if there's still a feeling that the talent is there.

I'd take a flier on him only because it'll likely cost next to nothing and the org needs winger depth, but I'm not holding my breath. The odds of this succeeding pale in comparison to them failing.

I'd take a flier on him only because it'll likely cost next to nothing and the org needs winger depth, but I'm not holding my breath. The odds of this succeeding pale in comparison to them failing.

I'm not saying we'd see success there. I'm just saying if the talent is there, we could do way worse.

Honestly, given how Quinn has turned ADA around, I'd take a flyer on HoSang if there's still a feeling that the talent is there.

Curious what the off-ice stuff was. The best I could find is that he overslept a couple of meetings and demanded a trade at the beginning of this season after he was sent back to Bridgeport again (and didn't report for a while). I'd imagine that the Islanders don't bother qualifying him at the end of the season so he'll be a UFA.