• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

fletch

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd move any of them including Skej

Mostly this.

Will suck to see Zucc moved and to a lesser degree Hayes but they are the right moves.

Skjei has been disappointing this year .. I?d move him for the right deal but his trade value is at an all time low so it may be better to just hold onto him for now.

I?d like to see the Rangers get something of value for Vesey.

And if Smith gets moved and nothing else I will still be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

From the Athetic's big trade board:

4. Kevin Hayes, Rangers: He’s big. He’s a center. He’s a rental. He’s everything a contending team like the Bruins or the Jets would love to plug into their lineup for the stretch run. Hayes has 33 points in 39 games and will be one of the biggest targets before the trade deadline.

“He’s a really good player,” said one NHL source. “I think it’s buyer beware when he’s signing his next contract … but as a rental? Awesome. He’s not going to be a first-line center. Let’s say it’s the Bruins, he’ll be their third center. Then he’s really good.”

Seems fair enough.

7. Chris Kreider, Rangers: It would have to take a significant offer to lure Kreider away from the Rangers. He’s already hit 20 goals this season. He’s got another year left on a team-friendly deal that has a cap hit of $4.625 million. But Kreider may be the best example of what one GM was referring to when he pointed to the Rangers as a one-stop shop for buying teams. If you want a rental forward, they have one. If you want a veteran forward with a good contract, they have one of those too. Need help on defense? They have just about any kind of player you like there. “The New York Rangers – they have every flavor you can imagine,” said the executive.

Unless you're a tanking team looking to ensure you don't win more than you should I'm not sure trading for Rangers defensemen is any help at all. Unless you're trading for Marc Staal I suppose.

14. Mats Zuccarello, Rangers: Zuccarello’s numbers are down, with the winger averaging just 0.50 points per game, well below his career average of 0.67. But it was interesting to read his comments to Larry Brooks in the New York Post that his availability on the trade market may have something to do with his on-ice production.

“People can say that I’m making enough money that I shouldn’t let any of this affect me, but I’m sorry, I have been here for nine years and I am human,” Zuccarello told Brooks. “It’s a tough situation but it’s also no excuse for me.”

https://theathletic.com/753896/2019/01/07/nhl-trade-big-board-20-players-who-could-move-before-the-deadline/

Unless you're a tanking team looking to ensure you don't win more than you should I'm not sure trading for Rangers defensemen is any help at all. Unless you're trading for Marc Staal I suppose.

Any one of our D would be OK as a 5/6/7 on a better team, IMO.

I'm not so sure.

Smith is dogshit. Shatty is totally one-dimensional, and his one dimension isn't even that good. I'm sure there will be better options than McQuaid. I still have hopes for ADA but you're not going to thrust him straight in to a playoff scenario. Claesson is serviceable imo and the only one I would trust at all. Imagine giving up assets for Skjei just for him to have a mental wobble in game 6 of the WCF. No thanks.

I'm not so sure.

Smith is dogshit. Shatty is totally one-dimensional, and his one dimension isn't even that good. I'm sure there will be better options than McQuaid. I still have hopes for ADA but you're not going to thrust him straight in to a playoff scenario. Claesson is serviceable imo and the only one I would trust at all. Imagine giving up assets for Skjei just for him to have a mental wobble in game 6 of the WCF. No thanks.

I think you're judging them based on seeing them in the wrong roles on a bad team.

I think you're judging them based on seeing them in the wrong roles on a bad team.

Possibly. I'm not entirely convinced those guys are of the required quality for a team looking to make a run for the cup.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with giving a guy like Smith minutes in the 3rd period of a decisive playoff game.

But you could be right that they would be different players in a better setup.

Archived