Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: 2018-9 NHL Trade Deadline: Sell 'em All... Again!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Sounds like a Shakespeare character.
    GORTON 2020

day-to-day Midget Division
    Overall, happy with Rangers moves/return for Zucc, Hayes, McQuaid. Doesn't do any good unless draft picks/players acquired pan out. Scouting is inexact science so at least we have more shots at young talent.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Instantaneous analysis of winners and losers... for deals that can't be judged for at least a year or two.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/2972939002/
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...inners-losers/

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I'm sure everyone has seen the picture of the old core in the plane on Twitter after whatever shitty Capitals team they just shocked for the umpteenth time, I assume.. If not, somebody should post it. If there is a personal lesson to be learned in this whole affair its that I will never again take their success for granted.

All the stories, pictures and montages of how things were so easy just a short time ago, how it was almost fate that they would pump home a tieing goal or OT winner.. It became both intoxicating and expected. I never thought it would end. They were truly the sum of their parts, not driven by any one guy, they were as organically grown as any team could be in this day and age. Man, what a run, what a great place to escape the trappings of real life.

This next immediate group will likely fail, it will likely be a while but when it comes, again, I'll be hanging on every game, every playoff series every joy and every heart break.

I can't wait.

Now with the deadline come and gone, time for the Rangers scouting staff to do their due diligence and hit on these next couple of drafts.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    I'm good with our returns as well....I'm looking forward to the playoffs now and I'm rooting for that Dallas/Tampa Stanley cup.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Winnipeg do some damage. I was always a pretty good advocate of Paul Maurice and I wouldn't mind seeing him succeed up there. The main thing though is that I would like to see the Rangers start to "feel out" what we have in the farm system, and I would really like to make a play for the bottom 3 teams in the NHL.

I know that may not swim well up here, but we desperately could use a player like a Hughes or a Kakko. Now's the time, and we have a real chance to make that generational splash this year. With 20 games to go, I say it's 3-14-3 the rest of the way. We can really jump start a rebuild by drafting one of those guys; along with Kravtsov and some of our other recent high prospects, we could be right back in it next season, not having to endure another one of these seasons in hell.

More instant analyst, including some cold water on the conditional picks
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...trade-deadline

'Loser: Ridiculous conditions and long-range picks
    The "conditional pick" is an NHL trade deadline tradition, but some of these conditions were ... a little far-fetched or a little far-flung.

Such as the Mats Zuccarello trade, in which the Rangers get a first if Dallas wins two playoff rounds, which the Stars haven't done in a decade; and a 2020 third-round pick that becomes a first if the Stars re-sign Zuccarello, which they won't. '

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I'm good with our returns as well....I'm looking forward to the playoffs now and I'm rooting for that Dallas/Tampa Stanley cup.
    You actually want Dallas to lose in the conference finals. Make it even a couple of spots higher than making the Stanley Cup.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    You actually want Dallas to lose in the conference finals. Make it even a couple of spots higher than making the Stanley Cup.
    ...works for me, my good man!!! I just wanna see some good playoff hockey this year.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I just wanna see some good playoff hockey this year.
    You will but it just won't be at MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    More instant analyst, including some cold water on the conditional picks
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...trade-deadline

'Loser: Ridiculous conditions and long-range picks
    The "conditional pick" is an NHL trade deadline tradition, but some of these conditions were ... a little far-fetched or a little far-flung.

Such as the Mats Zuccarello trade, in which the Rangers get a first if Dallas wins two playoff rounds, which the Stars haven't done in a decade; and a 2020 third-round pick that becomes a first if the Stars re-sign Zuccarello, which they won't. '
    Eh you never know what happens in the playoffs. But yea I dont see them re-signing him unfortunately.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526