• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buchnevich Frustrated by Lack of Scoring/Points

Phil

Pavel Buchnevich, who has one goal and one assist over his past six games since returning from his five-week absence (broken thumb) and is pointless in his past four, is frustrated by his lack of production. Buchnevich had a glorious opportunity in the final 1:10 of regulation against the Flyers on Sunday, but missed the net from the slot. Philadelphia won in a shootout.

?I can?t find my confidence to get scoring chances,? Buchnevich, who scored on his second shift on Dec. 14 after being sidelined 13 games, told The Post. ?I?m trying to play within the system and work hard. I?m trying to figure it out.

?I need to find the right place where to get the puck. I think I?m doing the right things without the puck, but who really cares if I don?t get any points??

Well, the coach does, for one.

?He doesn?t hide his frustration level well,? Quinn said. ?I think that?s part of growing as a player, too, managing your emotions and understanding that there are things you have to do to be a good player and contribute to the team if you?re not scoring.

?I think Butchie has done some good things. He?s been a little more structurally sound and I?ve liked his effort. I think when you?re away as long as he was, there?s that burst out of the gate and a little bit of a dip. That?s what you might be seeing.?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/29/kevin-shattenkirk-needs-power-play-time-for-trade-showcase/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always overrated by the fanbase. He was a great prospect for this team. Not top 5 for 95% of the league though. Now chytil turn to be vastly overrated while buchnevich fades from the fans hearts

Damn. Already throwing Chytil in the trash eh. 19 years old.

I was hoping for a large step forward for Buchnevich this year. Shame. He isn't good at puck possession or controlling the play. He would score 40 in Crosby's wing though.

Damn. Already throwing Chytil in the trash eh. 19 years old.

I was hoping for a large step forward for Buchnevich this year. Shame. He isn't good at puck possession or controlling the play. He would score 40 in Crosby's wing though.

I feel like he'd be a great complimentary winger for a better puck-controlling center. Kevin Hayes, basically.

Also not throwing chytil or bucc under the bus. People have unrealistic expectations of them and even lias based upon being drafted 7th overall, sound familiar Pete? So positive there though. All can and will be good nhl players. Bucc never more than a complementary player, chytil a top 6 forward but not a star and lias a intangible bottom 6 guy. All have worth but all probably are over hyped by a fan base that has starved for prospects.

To me Buch and Zucc need to go but the jury is still out and will be on Lias and Chytil. I think Lias has a long way to go.

Don't agree at all that Hayes and Kreider need to go. Two pieces to move forward in my book, although in the past I could see Hayes possibly mailing it in on the back half of a long deal. However I choose to believe he's turned the corner on that perception I always had that he's lazy which was always based on nothing but that stupid look on his face. :)

To me Buch and Zucc need to go but the jury is still out and will be on Lias and Chytil. I think Lias has a long way to go.

Don't agree at all that Hayes and Kreider need to go. Two pieces to move forward in my book, although in the past I could see Hayes possibly mailing it in on the back half of a long deal. However I choose to believe he's turned the corner on that perception I always had that he's lazy which was always based on nothing but that stupid look on his face. :)

You can keep Krieder or Hayes. Not both.

Someone has to clue me in on why it isn't possible. We have plenty of cap space, unless we sign Panarin to 10-12 million a year.

It depends entirely on how you expect to improve. It might shut the door on Panarin or Karlsson or even a high-profile trade for quality help on D.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't buy it. In the meantime piss the money away on Shattenkirk? They easily have the money if they were to spend it right.

And why they're cleaning up mismanaged cap space find a way to ditch Skjei and Smith too for whatever picks you get and reallocate that to Hayes/Kreider. They're also going to lose Zucc's contract too. They have many options to keep both without impacting a chase for top FA(s).

I think like someone said, Buch could probably score 40 with a Tavares,Crosby esque center, why not try him with Hayes while he's hot.

No way he?s potting 40. 30? Maybe I buy it. But he will never be a 40 goal scorer in this league, or at least not based on his current play.

Crosby and Tavares are also very different. Tavares genuinely can play with anyone. Not everyone can play with Sid. There?s plenty of evidence to support that. I question if Buch has the necessary skill set to succeed on a Crosby line.

My biggest complaint with Buch is that it seems like he hasn't gotten any stronger since he joined the league. Things would come so much easier if he spent more time in the weight room.

Maybe they don't want him to gain weight, idk, but he's just so weak on the puck and along the boards that I don't think it matters how hard he works lol

Archived