• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buchnevich Frustrated by Lack of Scoring/Points

Phil

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buchnevich is Artem Anisimov. Lots of hype for a player that is pretty average. Nothing wrong with average so long as management plans around that accordingly.

Anisimov never had much hype, and Buch isn't nearly the player that Ani was - not in style or effectiveness. The only things they have in common are being lanky and Russian.

Anisimov never had much hype, and Buch isn't nearly the player that Ani was - not in style or effectiveness. The only things they have in common are being lanky and Russian.

There was fan hype for sure after he was a Ppg player in the AHL. At the time they broke in they were both our best prospect. Unfortunately for Buch, I think Artems ceiling of 45 points is about where Buch will land.

There was fan hype for sure after he was a Ppg player in the AHL. At the time they broke in they were both our best prospect. Unfortunately for Buch, I think Artems ceiling of 45 points is about where Buch will land.

Probably right but AA was and is a very good all around player. Buch is not yet. He has value and can be a quality player going forward here but he isn’t the star fans hoped he’d be.

We want a Kovalev! We want a Kovalev! We want a Kovalev! (Except for the selfish puck hogging and too-long shifts of course.) :rofl:

I'd take Kovalev right now!!! What is he....46 or something years old?? He's still going to be better than any of these Vets we have playing right now...including our "ALL STAR", Mats Zucca-no-effort

Buch has no where near the dangles or offensive acumen that Kovalev had...with Kovalev he always tantalized what he ended up being with Pittsburgh. No matter who Buch played with he doesn't ooze that offensive potential like Alex did.

I guess they are the same except the Rangers would not have won the Cup without Kovy (see called shot game, for example) and the Rangers will not win the cup with or without Buch. Really, Kovy might not have been the HOFer he probably should have been, but he had a good career and Buch couldn't tie his skates for him.

I guess they are the same except the Rangers would not have won the Cup without Kovy (see called shot game, for example) and the Rangers will not win the cup with or without Buch. Really, Kovy might not have been the HOFer he probably should have been, but he had a good career and Buch couldn't tie his skates for him.

Pretty much agreed

By this age Kovi was a heck of a NHL player, and then became a PPG player.

Buch looks closer to heading back to Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived