• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They made a scene like this because it's easier to portray a relationship like that in a direct scene like that rather than subtle hints etc like in the books.

I admit it has been a while that I read the book, but I never thought of them like that. Maybe it was to subtile to make it through translation. :D

completely disagree. you could tell something was up with them at the joust. there's no need to invent a whole scene.

all you need is a look here and a smile there, and you can tell what is being implied.

there are giving renly and theon greyjoy way too much screen time for the first book.

Well i said it was EASIER to get your message through and it sure is, my wife had no clue there was anything in between them until the shaving scene, she hasn't read the books, if you have read the books all little hints and such make sense because you know beforehand. Anyways, in series/movies like this there will ALWAYS be things that doesn't follow the book, simply because it is 2 different vehicles, a book is written and has certain advantages and the same with a movie/series on screen, they will use their media the way they feel best to portrait the story and will take some liberties at points to get a message through or for pure entertainment and sometime they will follow the book.

Well i said it was EASIER to get your message through and it sure is, my wife had no clue there was anything in between them until the shaving scene, she hasn't read the books, if you have read the books all little hints and such make sense because you know beforehand. Anyways, in series/movies like this there will ALWAYS be things that doesn't follow the book, simply because it is 2 different vehicles, a book is written and has certain advantages and the same with a movie/series on screen, they will use their media the way they feel best to portrait the story and will take some liberties at points to get a message through or for pure entertainment and sometime they will follow the book.

ok, i get you, but littlefinger did say "how long before you have your friend," to renly as well. it seemed pretty obvious to my GF who never read past the first book, which none of that is in.

i know i'm harping and the series is going along well, but when you have 10 episodes to do something i don't feel it's necessary to alter it that much. you're not trying to condense a 400 page book into 2 hours of screen time.

His crowning was brutal. I wasn't really sure how they'd pull that off.

Viserys is 'Crowned' *WARNING* THIS IS GRAPHIC *WARNING*

http://www.accesshollywood.com/harry-lloyd-talks-viserys-game-of-thrones-shocker-if-youre-gonna-go-you-might-as-well-go-like-that_article_48352

Shot over two days, the actual “Golden Crown” scene was filmed using a host of special effects and props.

Harry explained he had a “gold molded kind of silicon hat,” and some of the burning effects were put into his costume.

“I also had these fantastic [packs]… They look like they’d been made by Boy Scouts. There was this incredible kind of smoke pack on my front!” he explained.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

Goodnight Viserys.

This show gets better and better every week. Amazing.

Yeah, last night's episode was great. I'm. Just wondering how they are going to cram everything in to the last 4 episodes

I never ready the books, so I have no idea what's yet to come. No spoilers, please? :D

****SPOILER ALERT*****

Tyrion and bronn become lovers, joffrey kills cersei and runs away with sansa and arya's wolf. robert steps down as king to whore it up in the free ciities, varys kills littlefinger in a duel of whispers. The mountain and the hound put aside their differences and have a nice family thanksgiving dinner. Ned becomes king and appoints jamie lannister the hand. Bran turns into the three eyed crow and flies away after hearing that jon snow fell from the wall... and lived.

• Like 1

****SPOILER ALERT*****

Tyrion and bronn become lovers, joffrey kills cersei and runs away with sansa and arya's wolf. robert steps down as king to whore it up in the free ciities, varys kills littlefinger in a duel of whispers. The mountain and the hound put aside their differences and have a nice family thanksgiving dinner. Ned becomes king and appoints jamie lannister the hand. Bran turns into the three eyed crow and flies away after hearing that jon snow fell from the wall... and lived.

Now that would be a good story too, in some ways lol

Great episode this week again, aside from some little things I'd made different it was again perfect.

Probably would have left out that hunting scene, it's never mentioned in the book, just said he went hunting and seems a bit odd. A king goes hunting just with three other people? And boars of all animals? But well, maybe those other hunters were somewhere else in the wood.

Did I mention how much I want to punch Joffrey in the face and shake Sansa till she wakes up? :D

Now that would be a good story too, in some ways lol

Great episode this week again, aside from some little things I'd made different it was again perfect.

Probably would have left out that hunting scene, it's never mentioned in the book, just said he went hunting and seems a bit odd. A king goes hunting just with three other people? And boars of all animals? But well, maybe those other hunters were somewhere else in the wood.

Did I mention how much I want to punch Joffrey in the face and shake Sansa till she wakes up? :D

Joffrey's face makes me want to deliver one of these

http://blog.pmaoakridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/fist8.jpg

right into his suck hole.

Just like Viserys, I can't wait for this little prick to die.

• Like 1