• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

Episode 3 coming up.

i thought it was ehhh. i don't like the guy they picked for syrio forel. he's supposed to be much more badass and less smiley. that's how i pictured him anyway.

also, the lack of ghost in the story is really starting to annoy me. jon's wolf is with him at all times.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a slow episode that was designed to add depth to the story.

I never read the books, so I have no idea who's supposed to be what, but they needed to slow it down. A lot happened in the first two episodes. Best to pull back on the reigns a bit and pace things.

I kinda disagree on one thing, this series definitly requires some work from the viewer. Tuning in for weeks, while it slowly unfolds and giving it a chance is what I consider work these days. It's not a series that "kicks ass" from episode one onwards. As a fan of the books, I was kinda embarassed how many sex scenes they had to put into the very first episode and there was no away around it, cause they are right there in the books.

this episode was the least faithful to the books. they invented a lot of that character interaction. i don't think it was a bad episode. i just didn't care for it as much.

the next two are going to get things moving pretty quick from here on out.

i haven't had any casting gripes either, but barristan selmy and syrio forel were disappointing. barristan was the older knight that was talking to jamie and the king.

I don't know, I thought this episode was the best one so far.

In terms of depth, I agree, it just wasn't nearly as "action packed" as the first two, IMO.

I'm always a fan of the deeper episodes of series' myself.

I actually like how much the show has slowed down. It's making getting into the characters a lot easier, and following (and appreciating) their individual stories even easier as well.

Episode 4 was fantastic to me. As I said after episode 3, every series needs this kind of "build"/depth.

It's a series, not a mini-series, so they have to pace themselves. You can't have major event-changing events in every single episode.

I actually like how much the show has slowed down. It's making getting into the characters a lot easier, and following (and appreciating) their individual stories even easier as well.

Episode 4 was fantastic to me. As I said after episode 3, every series needs this kind of "build"/depth.

It's a series, not a mini-series, so they have to pace themselves. You can't have major event-changing events in every single episode.

Agree completely, with the number of personalities and characters that needs to be built up to really make the story justice they need time to do that. Love the show, goes by in a blink of an eye though unfortunately.

we'll see how that goes from here on out ;)

i loved episode 4. they got back to the book. episode 3 was 90% made up for the series which is why i didn't like it.

I love the show so far, it's not totally 1:1, but we all knew that was impossible. Finally we get to see Dany standing up against her brother and all the other developments. The scene were Cat captures the Imp was great.

What might have got past a casual viewers attention was, that the knight who died at the tournament was the dude Ned tried to interrogate. Such a coincidence :D

Ned = Eddard Stark, played by Sean Bean and he wanted to interrogate that Knight, cause he served the previous Hand of the King till his surprising death and was promoted to Knighthood right after the old Hand died. Edited by H-Dreamer

LOL, I can't remember character names yet. I've never read the books and they all have crazy ass names.

If you have the ability go watch the behind the scenes episodes where they discuss the world and the different houses, lannister, stark etc and the smaller houses and the night watch as well, either that or go to some online site with info where you can get a brush up on who's who and what the world looks like, the show is so much more interesting when if you do that so you know all the time who's doing what and what's going on.

A little too graphic for my tastes tonight — no need to see Tyrion smash that guy's face in like that, or watch The Hound's brother decapitate his horse like that. Watching Jaime put his blade through Stark's guard was disgusting, too. :puke:

Otherwise did a fine job of furthering the story, IMO.

This has quickly become my favorite show on television.