• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

I didn't think that at all. It was from episode 1 with the steaming bath we knew she was the Dragon, not her annoying brother. Than the bro got that golden crown poured all over him and she was so obvious in what she said, same with the heating of the eggs/stones and the girl burning her hands. I know she was the Dragon and loved every second of that scene, also, there was no chance she would die too, as that would've ended the complete storyline there, which was impossible.

Congratulations Jules, you've found the reason why Dany is probably the only person in this series that we KNOW is save till the last Volume, cause it would kill of her whole storyline and render it meaningless, as no one could pick up. :) In the last Volume though, she will be in danger as everyone else.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I was surprised to see Khal Drogo die and I truly expected them to have that child and have the Dothraki sail the seas for her. I have no clue what's gonna happen now, where she will go with those dragons and what certain people will mean to her... but to be honest, she's probably one of the most likeable and good characters in the show and I certainly did not expect that through the first episodes.

She wants to go home — she'll cross the seas with the dragons and war again, IMO.

In a perfect world, she kills the Lannisters, takes hold of Kings Landing and the lands south, forges a treaty with the Starks on the rulers of the North and together they'll slay the creatures lurking behind the Wall. With my luck, they all die and The Imp because the king married to a whore.

LOL. All I'm saying is that for me a season finale should have more shock/awe. This one, while it laid out next season fine, was boring to me.

I'm sorry if that upsets you Phil.. Take a xanax and stop worrying if this is the right programming for me to watch. haha

Oh dude, I can't disagree more. Edge of my seat the entire time. Robb is going to be an interesting character, as is Theon. Arya to the Watch should prove interesting.....

Now I've seen it too. Great final to a great series.

But I wonder, whom of you who doesn't know the books, was thinking "Oh crap there goes the next main character", when Dany walked into the fire? :D

And that have to be the cutest dragons in movie/TV history :D

For a second I did, but then I remembered the earlier episode where Danaerys put her hands into the fire and nothing happened.

For a second I did, but then I remembered the earlier episode where Danaerys put her hands into the fire and nothing happened.

Dude, not even just that — think Viserys' crowning. "Fire can't kill the dragon."

Dude, not even just that — think Viserys' crowning. "Fire can't kill the dragon."

With all we know that could have been just crazy talk by Viserys. ;)

There once was a Targaryen who died by fire, but that was the one who thought he could transform himself into a dragon by drinking seafire :D

I get that it's following the book, but the last episode of the season was weak. Having the final episode of the season be all small cliff hanger stuff for the next season doesn't work for me. It seems a cheap way to get people to come back. Well, except I guess for the final scene with the dragons, that was decent.

The 2nd to last episode would have been how you ended a season in a cliff hanger, though. Ned being beheaded was a complete game changer (pun intended). It would have put a punctuation mark on the season and set up everything for the next season. Instead, we got to start to see the game change, with the one son becoming king of the north, the bastard son staying with the Night's Watch, the oldest daughter starting to plot killing the boy king, while the head of that family starts to try to control the situation, the youngest daughter connecting with the blacksmith's apprentice who I'm assuming is Robert's son and maybe his true Heir, etc.

I get that it's following the book, but the last episode of the season was weak. Having the final episode of the season be all small cliff hanger stuff for the next season doesn't work for me. It seems a cheap way to get people to come back. Well, except I guess for the final scene with the dragons, that was decent.

The 2nd to last episode would have been how you ended a season in a cliff hanger, though. Ned being beheaded was a complete game changer (pun intended). It would have put a punctuation mark on the season and set up everything for the next season. Instead, we got to start to see the game change, with the one son becoming king of the north, the bastard son staying with the Night's Watch, the oldest daughter starting to plot killing the boy king, while the head of that family starts to try to control the situation, the youngest daughter connecting with the blacksmith's apprentice who I'm assuming is Robert's son and maybe his true Heir, etc.

I agree. Should have ended the season there, finale would have been a good opener next season.

Complain to George Martin, then, because they're following the book — would have been somewhat irresponsible of them to end it at Ned's death only to start the next season (as each season is a book) as concluding the first book.