• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the casting of the new characters so far, they all seem to fit the descriptions of the characters very well. If the series continue to follow very closely to the books, this'll be a series for the ages that's for sure.

I've reached the last couple hundred pages of book 5 and its been worth every page so far. Hoping its not another 5 years before book 6 is published!

btw. This guy will be the onion Knight: http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/07/08/Liam-Cunningham_240.jpg

(Liam Cunningham his name)

@Phil

So your reading Clash of Kings now?

Yup. About 50 pages in. Just getting to Tyrion returning to the Red Keep to announce he's been named Hand.

I'm also about 200 pgs into Clash of Kings, and so far, so good.

Yup. I'm about 120 into Clash of Kings as well, and I'm already noticing this whole series is one of those long-told stories where you get so vested and tied into the characters that you actually watch them "grow" before your eyes. They become more and more interesting as you watch them evolve, which makes each new book all the better than it's predecessor.

Yup. I'm about 120 into Clash of Kings as well, and I'm already noticing this whole series is one of those long-told stories where you get so vested and tied into the characters that you actually watch them "grow" before your eyes. They become more and more interesting as you watch them evolve, which makes each new book all the better than it's predecessor.

I forgot who it was who said Theon's PoV chapters are bad, but I just got through the first one and it was enthralling.

Not enough Danaerys yet though. Just about to hit her first PoV

Also, really not liking Davos' shit yet.

I don't have that to start Clash of Kings in my version. Mine starts with the Prologue surrounding Maester Cressen, Lady Melisandre and Stannis Baratheon.

End of Game of Thrones has a stand alone chapter for Theon Greyjoy following the Appendix describing all the houses and their lineage.

I don't have that to start Clash of Kings in my version. Mine starts with the Prologue surrounding Maester Cressen, Lady Melisandre and Stannis Baratheon.

End of Game of Thrones has a stand alone chapter for Theon Greyjoy following the Appendix describing all the houses and their lineage.

I meant the first Theon Chapter in CoK. The first chapter of CoK is the prologue with Stannis, Cressen and Melisandre told primarily from Cressen's PoV (if I recall)

I meant the first Theon Chapter in CoK. The first chapter of CoK is the prologue with Stannis, Cressen and Melisandre told primarily from Cressen's PoV (if I recall)

Correct in Cressen's POV, but I don't think I've hit a Theon chapter yet. I'm at p. 116.

That bit in the book was FANTASTIC. I cracked up reading it.

Yup. Same. I was actually smiling the entire time reading all his return quips with Cersei. That guy has me in stitches all the time.

Correct in Cressen's POV, but I don't think I've hit a Theon chapter yet. I'm at p. 116.

Theon's first POV is on 164.

Yup. Same. I was actually smiling the entire time reading all his return quips with Cersei. That guy has me in stitches all the time.

It's doubly funny because I just see that smug face that Tyrion always has.

Tyrion fighting with his sister is always a highlight. As much as Jaime loves his brother, Cersei hates him. :D

And Tyrion has this talent to expose the stupidity of other people, which doesn't go well with the image Cersei has of herself.

To have the face and voice of Peter Dinklage in mind really improves the reading experience. :D

I remember calling the Theon chapters boring during my re-read last month, but I didn't really hate them. Though Theon is an annoying character most of the time and easy to hate.

I'm sure the relevance of the story will come to light at some point, or at least I hope, but this whole business with Catelyn and her dying father and Brynden Tully is easily the most boring story line in Clash of Kings thus far.

@Rome

I think her chapters exist mainly to follow Robb, without making him a PoV character. Never really knew why Martin preferred Cat over Robb, propably because she was around in GoT and he didn't want another Stark-PoV character. As Robb is becoming more independent from his mother every day, she is often left somewhere which makes her chapters boring in comparison. Cause the action is always somewhere else.

@Rome

I think her chapters exist mainly to follow Robb, without making him a PoV character. Never really knew why Martin preferred Cat over Robb, propably because she was around in GoT and he didn't want another Stark-PoV character. As Robb is becoming more independent from his mother every day, she is often left somewhere which makes her chapters boring in comparison. Cause the action is always somewhere else.

Yeah, I noticed that even toward the end of Game of Thrones when she was with him at the Trident. What irked me was when Robb told her he could command her to go home to Bran and Rickon, because her children needed her, and she still refused. All I keep thinking is "Just do it, Robb! She's annoying anyway".

Archived