• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pro Wrasslin' — WWE, AEW, NJPW, Impact Wrestling & Beyond

Phil

Yeah, I figured Roode was going to turn heel for this title run, no surprises there. I think it took me awhile to finally do so, but I appreciate the talent that is on Impact now. I know they've been better than WWE for years as far as talent and booking goes, but I guess taking Hogan out of the picture changed things for the better. (What a shocker lol)

Do you miss the octagon ring at all? I liked those Ultimate X matches and I was wondering if they were bringing them back anytime soon. It seems like forever since we've seen one.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Six-sided ring was gimmicky for the sake of being a gimmick. It didn't really "add" anything. Four-sides works for me and works better for most wrestlers who are used to it.

They're likely going to continue to bring it back once a year for Destination X.

I agree. I'm more of a traditionalist and I think with the six-sided ring, they were trying too hard to be different.

Do you know when the Motor City Machine Guns are coming back? I can't remember if it was Shelley or Sabin that had the bad injuries, maybe it was both. But they are greatly missed. Especially now that they had this tag team tournament. I remember those matches with Beer Money they had were incredible. Plus, Shelley is just a fantastic personality.

Sabin was expected for January 2012, and I just read this morning that they're looking to push Shelley back (who's also coming off an injury).

My guess is Shelley comes back before Sabin, but the minute Sabin can go you'll see the return of MCMG. TNA could use the depth, too. Their tag division is really floundering right now.

Were you pissed when they split up the Dudleyz? That seemed to be the start of the downfall of the tag division right there, for obvious reasons. And Beer Money too, of course.

Do you remember how long Aries was out of TNA for? I've been watching since 2006 and don't remember him. He's a great wrestler and a great heel. He's great at being a douche. lol

I was, but honestly, I love that they made that decision. I was convinced early on that the singles push for both men would completely flop, but Bully Ray is probably the best heel in the business right now, period, not just in TNA, and he's completely proven every doubter wrong. Devon still struggles, but I've never cared for him much at all anyway.

Aries was with TNA originally from 2005-2007 as Austin Starr. He was Austin Aries at first in just a handful of XD matches, but had his first real run with the company as Austin Starr, debuting at Bound For Glory (under a really cool "A Starr Is Born" set of vignettes).

Aries reminds me so much of Jericho it isn't even funny. That guy has main event written all over him if they just give him the chance.

I was, but honestly, I love that they made that decision. I was convinced early on that the singles push for both men would completely flop, but Bully Ray is probably the best heel in the business right now, period, not just in TNA, and he's completely proven every doubter wrong. Devon still struggles, but I've never cared for him much at all anyway.

Aries was with TNA originally from 2005-2007 as Austin Starr. He was Austin Aries at first in just a handful of XD matches, but had his first real run with the company as Austin Starr, debuting at Bound For Glory (under a really cool "A Starr Is Born" set of vignettes).

Aries reminds me so much of Jericho it isn't even funny. That guy has main event written all over him if they just give him the chance.

I agree about Bully Ray. I was not happy at all when they were split up, but like you said it's worked out. The whole thing with Devon and his kids with Pope hasn't really done anything for me. It's probably the worst angle they have going right now. I could care less about it. I never thought Ray would be good on his own, let alone with a stable like Immortal, and becoming a key cog in that group. It's only a natter time before he gets a title. I think he should.

Good comparison with Aries and Jericho. While Jericho is great as a heel or a face, he's always been a better heel and Aries, I think, should always be one because it fits him perfectly. Some wrestlers are like that.

Speaking of Jericho, by the way, I didn't get a chance to comment on this. But, about his return to RAW the other night......WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?!?! Worst return ever, for one of the best ever. They don't even have him say anything!? Now we have to wait for him to say something? Bullshit!

Ok. I'm done with that now.

Oh and I was wondering, did you ever play the TNA video game that out about three years ago? Is it any good?

Yeah. It blows. They made the default setting WAY too high so in any basic game play against a CPU you're LUCKY if you can pull out a victory, let alone develop any kind of offense. It was a major flaw with the game.

I agree about Bully Ray. I was not happy at all when they were split up, but like you said it's worked out. The whole thing with Devon and his kids with Pope hasn't really done anything for me. It's probably the worst angle they have going right now. I could care less about it. I never thought Ray would be good on his own, let alone with a stable like Immortal, and becoming a key cog in that group. It's only a natter time before he gets a title. I think he should.

Good comparison with Aries and Jericho. While Jericho is great as a heel or a face, he's always been a better heel and Aries, I think, should always be one because it fits him perfectly. Some wrestlers are like that.

Aries just gets it, because he has that "it" factor. He can get the crowd to boo him just by making a couple facial expressions, much like Jericho. Add in his fantastic work rate, his innovative move set and his look and you've got all the makings of a superstar. I LOVE that he wears a fucking cape to the ring, too. Gets him tons of cheap heat.

As for Ray, I doubt he'll get a title run, but he's going to be a main event guy for a while — probably to finish up his career there.

Speaking of Jericho, by the way, I didn't get a chance to comment on this. But, about his return to RAW the other night......WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?!?! Worst return ever, for one of the best ever. They don't even have him say anything!? Now we have to wait for him to say something? Bullshit!

Ok. I'm done with that now.

I gave it a shot — a legit shot, and they blew it, big time. No surprise though, considering the company (and it's state) he returned to.

Nope. The Jericho return. I watched from start to finish. The time before that? Probably some point in like 2007 when Jericho was still on top of the world.

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/2/24/I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Wow, that's impressive. I thought you'd just watch when he came on and then turn it off. lol

Hopefully they do something useful with him now that he's back.

Chris Jericho appeared at Saturday night's WWE RAW live event in Tyler, Texas. He came to the ring but was quickly interrupted by David Otunga before he could even say a word on the microphone.

Otunga demanded that Jericho take off his jacket because it was causing seizures. Otunga got into Jericho's face and the segment ended with Jericho putting Otunga in the Walls of Jericho before making his exit.

------

I'm worried that this means Jericho won't speak for a few weeks -_-. Secondly, I wish he would bring back the real Walls of Jericho(liontamer) instead of this elevated Boston Crab

Chris Jericho appeared at Saturday night's WWE RAW live event in Tyler, Texas. He came to the ring but was quickly interrupted by David Otunga before he could even say a word on the microphone.

Otunga demanded that Jericho take off his jacket because it was causing seizures. Otunga got into Jericho's face and the segment ended with Jericho putting Otunga in the Walls of Jericho before making his exit.

------

I'm worried that this means Jericho won't speak for a few weeks -_-. Secondly, I wish he would bring back the real Walls of Jericho(liontamer) instead of this elevated Boston Crab

He does the elevated BC because the size of his opponents has increased. The Liontamer was only applicable on guys who were essentially under 6'0.

He's said repeatedly in interviews that were he to put some of the larger guys into it, he'd seriously injure them. There bodies aren't designed to sustain that type of a hold. Same as Bret Hart and Sting only ever leaned back on their Sharpshooter/Scorpion on smaller competitors.

Jeff & Karen Jarrett are big Nashville Predators fans. Awesome.

@karenjarrett:

On our way to see @jtootoo22 and the #Preds!!! @JeffJarrettTNA has a surprise for the kids!!! #DADDYJEFFRAWKS!!!!!

@JeffJarrettTNA #wewanthockey http://t.co/nePCwunO

Only in Nashville...a Pred fan just threw a catfish on the ice...no goal....

@Jtootoo22 and Legwand... RT @SteveWood68: @JeffJarrettTNA do u have a favorite hockey player?