• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/6/10724966/penn-station-empire-station-complex-cuomo-star-wars

Clearly the governor's image makers decided the name "Penn Station" was too synonymous with train delays, dank lighting, and angry crowds of commuters. Unfortunately the name they came up with to replace it, the New Empire Station Complex, has its own sinister connotations, as noted by the AP's Jonathan Lemire.

@JonLemire

"Empire Station Complex" feels very Star Wars-ish (and destined to be destroyed by Rebels)

Change was definitely needed. There are too many "Penn Stations".

Hand passes are legal is defensive zone

Oh shit, brain fart

What if he throws it really far so it lands in the neutral zone like that Ottawa goalie did against the Rangers like 7 years ago? I think it was Martin Gerber. Is it still considered defensive zone because thats where it originated from?

Yeah, then I guess the question still stands. If it gets to the NZ, is it a hand pass?

• 2 weeks later...
Traffic court sucks. I gave my argument, showed pictures proving I was in the right (but honestly really just that the rule is fucking stupid and unenforceable), then the judge told me to go to the cashier counter witout telling me if I was guilty or not. So I assumed I was found not guilty since he told me to go the counter but it turns out he found me guilty and just reduced the fine. Pissed I didnt win but at least I get some money back.

So my brother-in-law and his wife got a free trip to Disney for June, their daughter will be 2 years and 5 months at that time, our son will be turning 6 months. They asked us to go, but we have to pay for our vacation package, and now my wife has it drilled in her head about going. I'm never one to deny a trip to DW, I have been down there 18 times in 27 years, so always up for it, but our son will only be 5 and 1/2 months, he wont remember anything. It's gonna cost us around $2500 for us 3 with food, hotel, tickets and flight, i'm debating it, but not sure if we should do it or not...

Dont go. Save that money instead. You just listed the completely valid reasons why you shouldn't drop $3k and didnt list the pros because they dont exist. Put that money in a college fund or buy diapers with it.

Well, the pros of it, it's Disney World, and I plan to take our kid down there as much as we can. We have money saved from our wedding, so we can afford it. He has everything he needs, idk, we gotta talk it over.

You said it yourself, he's not gonna remember anything.

I know, and that's the part that sucks, only thing he'll have from that trip, is pictures to see when he's older. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law took their daughter down at the same age and they said it was fine. I'm debating it, and mostly because i'm like a 27-year old child and love Disney World and haven't been down there since August of 2013. lol

Dont go. Save that money instead. You just listed the completely valid reasons why you shouldn't drop $3k and didnt list the pros because they dont exist. Put that money in a college fund or buy diapers with it.

This and only this.

Take $400 out the 3 grand and send your wife to a spa for a day. You'll win on multiple levels.

We waited until my oldest son was 5, and my little guy was just over 1. My older guy loved it and it was cool for my little guy because he was just recognizing who the characters were. Any younger, and I don't think it would have been any fun for him. We took him to sesame place the summer before, and he was too young to take it in and get those awesome first pictures. I'm glad we waited. And taking a baby away is a pain in the ass, we drove because we didn't want to deal with a flight and him freaking out, plus we saved money driving to Disney this summer.

Fuck Disney. I'll hold out as long as I can. My wife took our 5 year old last year. I stayed home happily with our 2 1/2 year old. Saved me many headaches and plenty of $$$$$. Places like Dutch Wonderland are fine for now.

I think I'm screwed though once they are 8 and 5. That's an ultimatum my wife will probably give me.