• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I hate people. We were leaving the house a little while ago and I heard screaming coming from the main road, so I went running over to see what it was. Someone had hit a poor dog with their car, and everyone was just standing around the poor dog staring at him. Instead of picking the poor thing up, they just stood there for a while. Someone finally put him in there car, and then they just say there talking to people. Rush the poor dog to the damn vet. I really hate when animals gt hurt like that, and get pissed when people don't rush to try to help the animal they hurt.

I hate people. We were leaving the house a little while ago and I heard screaming coming from the main road, so I went running over to see what it was. Someone had hit a poor dog with their car, and everyone was just standing around the poor dog staring at him. Instead of picking the poor thing up, they just stood there for a while. Someone finally put him in there car, and then they just say there talking to people. Rush the poor dog to the damn vet. I really hate when animals gt hurt like that, and get pissed when people don't rush to try to help the animal they hurt.

sometimes people are shocked and get paralized. i once saw an old man get hit by a car and i just stood there looking at him bleeding until the ambulance arrived. so did the people that hit him. it was weird. the next day i felt guilty about not being able to do anything. still feel guilty to this day

sometimes people are shocked and get paralized. i once saw an old man get hit by a car and i just stood there looking at him bleeding until the ambulance arrived. so did the people that hit him. it was weird. the next day i felt guilty about not being able to do anything. still feel guilty to this day

That was ME douchebag!

People were just handing there pushing traffic around it, and like I said, the one person who finally had the dog in her car was sitting there talking to someone before she drive of. The dog was still alive when I saw it, and had I not had my son with me, I would have grabbed the dog myself and brought it over, but I couldn't let my 3 year old see a dog like that, he wouldn't understand. I still feel very bad that I couldn't help the poor dog.

I've been having a great weekend in Amsterdam so far. :)

Grace got to represent the USA in a promotional event sprint racing (200 metres) on the Amsterdam canals yesterday and today she had two of her best races yet for the Vesper Boat Club on the Olympic distance (2 kilometres), leading her to qualifying for the semi-finals among current Olympic and World champions. It's really great to see the strides she made lately and to see her go toe-to-toe with the very best in her sport.

Here's a video with some highlights from the promotional event on the canals. Grace is rowing here with Matt from California RC here. She's in some shots starting at 1:22.

Obviously canals are not the usual location, which is outside of the city on a purpose-built rowing facility called the Bosbaan.

Graves is a cool dude. Met him about 3 or 4 times. Only almuni I've ever really spoken to. Of current players, Stepan's a nice dude and former players like Christensen and Wolski (Yeah, I know) were actually super easy to talk to. I think I had a good 30 minute conversation with Wolski.

Talked to Graves outside Penn. Such a nice dude.

Yeah, i met him last year after a game. He was so nice. Almost as if too nice, like he would keep talking to me even when i wasn't saying anything. Most down to earth pro I ever met easily.

Graves is a cool dude. Met him about 3 or 4 times. Only almuni I've ever really spoken to. Of current players, Stepan's a nice dude and former players like Christensen and Wolski (Yeah, I know) were actually super easy to talk to. I think I had a good 30 minute conversation with Wolski.

Yea I've met him quite a few times, luckily not in fan event settings.

Yea I've met him quite a few times, luckily not in fan event settings.

Only met him at fan events twice. I met Wolski and Avery in Avery's bar, Warren 77. Prust was there too, but he was too busy cozying up with some chicks to really talk. Avery was busy running the place, but Wolski didn't mind having a conversation. It was pretty awesome and the drunken waitress kept offering me shots. I declined every time. Only negative to that night was that one of Avery's buddies told me Callahan had broken his ankle. This was about 1 AM after the Rangers comeback game against the Bruins two years ago. It was awesome just to talk to Wolski and get a couple of tips from him.

Only other person I've ever had a really long conversation with was Gordie Howe. He signed for back to back years at a local card store and I was there for about an hour. It was about 5 or 6 years ago, but I get to say that Mr. Hockey of all people taught me how to take a wrist shot.

Only met him at fan events twice. I met Wolski and Avery in Avery's bar, Warren 77. Prust was there too, but he was too busy cozying up with some chicks to really talk. Avery was busy running the place, but Wolski didn't mind having a conversation. It was pretty awesome and the drunken waitress kept offering me shots. I declined every time. Only negative to that night was that one of Avery's buddies told me Callahan had broken his ankle. This was about 1 AM after the Rangers comeback game against the Bruins two years ago. It was awesome just to talk to Wolski and get a couple of tips from him.

Only other person I've ever had a really long conversation with was Gordie Howe. He signed for back to back years at a local card store and I was there for about an hour. It was about 5 or 6 years ago, but I get to say that Mr. Hockey of all people taught me how to take a wrist shot.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1239868/stone-cold-laughing-o.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1239868/stone-cold-laughing-o.gif

It was pretty awkward given that I was in 8th grade at the time and this girl just keeps stumbling over to me. "You sure you don't want one?" I understand the win was a cause for celebration, but I was more interested in talking to a hockey player than drinking shots.

It was pretty awkward given that I was in 8th grade at the time and this girl just keeps stumbling over to me. "You sure you don't want one?" I understand the win was a cause for celebration, but I was more interested in talking to a hockey player than drinking shots.

Could have done both.

My sarcasm sucks today I guess.