• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Yeah, what's next? That's a great question. I won't pursue a doctorate for now. After five years in college it's time for something new and it would seriously interfere with my plans to move towards Grace. For now I'm continuing my current jobs here and countdown the unknown amount of days until Uncle Sam and the US immigration services invite for the most important interview of my life.

So, well, what's next... hopefully a move to the US, but when and where, that's a big question mark. Oh, life.

Yeah, what's next? That's a great question. I won't pursue a doctorate for now. After five years in college it's time for something new and it would seriously interfere with my plans to move towards Grace. For now I'm continuing my current jobs here and countdown the unknown amount of days until Uncle Sam and the US immigration services invite for the most important interview of my life.

So, well, what's next... hopefully a move to the US, but when and where, that's a big question mark. Oh, life.

Sneak in, they are gonna be giving out amnesty to all soon.

I got a call today from the tv show 20/20, they are doing a show on lucky finds and are gonna do a bit on something I found about 6 years ago. They said they want to do a reinactment which means me doing a little acting, which means academy award.

Question for you folks: is a lack of respect a reason to quit a job? It's decent money, but my boss curses me out in front of customers. Meanwhile, I'm 25 years old and taking the bar exam next summer. I'm not a 17 year old kid anymore.

I sat down with him and told him that if he had a problem with the way I'm doing my job then he should talk to me, not make his default reaction calling me a fucking dumbass with customers around. He agreed, and yet has continued to do so. Bear in mind that this place is corrupt as hell, so taking it to higher-ups will result in firing, which is worse for a resume than just bowing out gracefully.

Is a total lack of respect a valid reason for quitting? Or is it an overreaction on my part?

Question for you folks: is a lack of respect a reason to quit a job? It's decent money, but my boss curses me out in front of customers. Meanwhile, I'm 25 years old and taking the bar exam next summer. I'm not a 17 year old kid anymore.

I sat down with him and told him that if he had a problem with the way I'm doing my job then he should talk to me, not make his default reaction calling me a fucking dumbass with customers around. He agreed, and yet has continued to do so. Bear in mind that this place is corrupt as hell, so taking it to higher-ups will result in firing, which is worse for a resume than just bowing out gracefully.

Is a total lack of respect a valid reason for quitting? Or is it an overreaction on my part?

It's not an overreaction at all. That one reason alone is unacceptable, but I'm with Peetie on this. Find another job first, then leave.

Get another job first.

Agree with Peetie-

Give yourself options.

And you are correct, I can't think of any workplace outside of the military and sports where that type of behavior should be accepted.

Sounds like he has no clue as to how to handle employees.

Get another job first.

Well I'm a student. In reality what I should be doing, since I continue to live at home, is an unpaid clerkship with a judge. I can get one of those as soon as I ask, one judge has been a friend of the family for decades. So this isn't my career, it's a seasonal (over the summer) stopgap of supplementary income, you know? That said, it's pretty good money. But I feel like I'm at an age where I'm tired of taking shit.

Anyway, I asked on here to make sure it wasn't an in-the-moment overreaction.

Well I'm a student. In reality what I should be doing, since I continue to live at home, is an unpaid clerkship with a judge. I can get one of those as soon as I ask, one judge has been a friend of the family for decades. So this isn't my career, it's a seasonal (over the summer) stopgap of supplementary income, you know? That said, it's pretty good money. But I feel like I'm at an age where I'm tired of taking shit.

Anyway, I asked on here to make sure it wasn't an in-the-moment overreaction.

I am friends with a few State Superior Court Judges.

Their clerks' are state employees, (1-2 year commitment).

And paid very well.

I'm guessing 50k minimum.

Want to live in Alaska for a few years? :)

Alaska and NY have no reciprocity (bar exam works for either place)

I am friends with a few State Superior Court Judges.

Their clerks' are state employees, (1-2 year commitment).

And paid very well.

I'm guessing 50k minimum.

Want to live in Alaska for a few years? :)

Alaska and NY have no reciprocity (bar exam works for either place)

Really? I'm planning on taking NY, NJ, and the multi-state bar. You're telling me I can finally realize my dream of moving to the coldest place in the US...AND practicing law? Awesome. :D

Really? I'm planning on taking NY, NJ, and the multi-state bar. You're telling me I can finally realize my dream of moving to the coldest place in the US...AND practicing law? Awesome. :D

90% of the clerks I've met...are from out of state.

I have zero idea how they are hired, just know that the judge typically has the final say.

Two judges I know are hockey nuts.

Funny story, was about to link you the State Judicial page, and clicked on one of my friends.

You can actually clock on their application for judgeship (his was 2007) that was turned into the state.

Question 17

Been arrested, charged with, pled guilty or nolo contender to, or been convicted...etc, etc

Answer

Yes- Amherst Massachusetts

Failure to follow direction of Police Officer (Cited by Univ of Mass Officer)

For the removal of a spectator from a sporting event

The sum it up...he jumped the glass during a hockey game and went after a fan or two

(He played NCAA at Harvard)

90% of the clerks I've met...are from out of state.

I have zero idea how they are hired, just know that the judge typically has the final say.

Two judges I know are hockey nuts.

Funny story, was about to link you the State Judicial page, and clicked on one of my friends.

You can actually clock on their application for judgeship (his was 2007) that was turned into the state.

Question 17

Been arrested, charged with, pled guilty or nolo contender to, or been convicted...etc, etc

Answer

Yes- Amherst Massachusetts

Failure to follow direction of Police Officer (Cited by Univ of Mass Officer)

For the removal of a spectator from a sporting event

The sum it up...he jumped the glass during a hockey game and went after a fan or two

(He played NCAA at Harvard)

Hahahaha. That's great. All the guys I know around here in NJ tend to take themselves way too seriously. Where you're at sounds like my kind of place.

This apartment's electricity blows.

Stuck with power in ONE outlet until tomorrow morning because I used the oven and microwave at the same time. Fuck.

Old building? You are probably on 100 amp service.