• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I can't watch baseball on TV. The announcers are so monotone and boring, and it takes forever for a game to go by. I will go to a game if the tickets are cheap enough, but I usually wind up leaving early. I do like going to Long Island Ducks games though, it's cheap and near my house, and the players aren't whiney millionaires who don't care, these guys actually want to make the big leagues and actually try. Plus I usually get the tickets for free becaus ewe know someone who works for the team.

Baseball is the best sport. Not even close. It get's boring watching I'll admit, but only when you're watching or rooting for just your team. Once you realize there's actually 18 different games going on at once it never gets boring again. It's just a constant stream of new data, something no other sport really has.

Baseball is the best sport. Not even close. It get's boring watching I'll admit, but only when you're watching or rooting for just your team. Once you realize there's actually 18 different games going on at once it never gets boring again. It's just a constant stream of new data, something no other sport really has.

Overload of boring data, sounds awesome

That would be reason to flip a locker. We had a guy that worked midnights that always used to take keys home, and then he would never answer his phone when you called him. We found a bunch of old key one day ad glued them all over his locker. We have 1 car that barely blows out cold air, and we just got a brand new Impala, and that thing gets so cold that you have to turn the air down to low, its great in this heat, and of course that was the car this bitch had. No one in my unit likes her, so I know the midnight guys are going to rip into her when she comes in.

Everyone's afraid to flip lockers because of complaints to IAB or whatever. There are some guys who deserve it horribly, who have been spoken to cop to cop and still scum people over.

Well I watched Overbay, Nix and Wells everyday for a long time too. Can't say I blame ya.

Lol, and i get the other point about the games going on. I do still put it on because it's that one nice summer comfort that there always is a game on. I just lost some of the passion right now for it and this is coming from someone like me who knows a ton of baseball stats off the top of my head, read a ton of historical books, even watched tons of historical games and really know my baseball. I just can't get into it though last few years.

Yeah - the salary cap. :rofl:

#truth.

Baseball is ridiculous. Middle relief mop up guys who pitch 1 inning a week getting paid with a bonfire star in the nhl makes.

The alternative is the non salary cap era with bobby holik making 9+ mil lol

Baseball is far and away the worst sport on the planet, but by no means does soccer trump hockey. NHL hockey is vastly superior in every possible facet than all it's peers.

It's the only place on national television where bare knuckle boxing is legal. Not even the UFC can compete with that.

It's a warriors sport. See Bergeron, Patrice in the Stanley Cup Final. I read some tweet earlier that some pitcher is gonna miss a game because of a blister. A blister. What's next, he wore a hat too long and his hair matted and kinda hurts? Can't play?

Baseball is far and away the worst sport on the planet, but by no means does soccer trump hockey. NHL hockey is vastly superior in every possible facet than all it's peers.

Watching soccer on TV is about as exciting as watching the grass on the field grow.

The World Cup has stopped wars temporarily lol. Nothing beats World Cup soccer for excitement, sports relevance and importance. Soccer isn't my favorite sport over hockey, but tha tournament is bigger than sports.

The World Cup has stopped wars temporarily lol. Nothing beats World Cup soccer for excitement, sports relevance and importance. Soccer isn't my favorite sport over hockey, but tha tournament is bigger than sports.

Yes, around the world. Not in the US. The US doesn't give a fuck about soccer, and it never will.

Yes, around the world. Not in the US. The US doesn't give a fuck about soccer, and it never will.

no, US viewers dont care to watch crappy soccer like the MLS, but viewers will watch good soccer. Euro 2012 ratings were very strong, the 1994 World Cup still has not been surpassed in attendance, and if Americans didnt care about it you can be damn sure NBC wouldnt be showing every single Premier League game on live tv this upcoming season.

Hell, one of the US men's friendlies a few weeks ago that literally counts for absolutely nothing in terms of tournaments drew nearly 2 million viewers

I'm willing to bet that when the EPL schedule gets into more night games later in the season (weekend afternoons here) they will be very similar or even surpass hockey ratings.

The only thing soccer is good for is watching girls run around in short shorts. Other than that, soccer is one of the most boring sports to watch. You know it's boring when they can go to a commercial break and are come back and absolutely nothing has happens since they left.