• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
I think my white 2010 Macbook's battery is finally kicking the bucket. It's currently charging and I have watched the battery percentage continue to drop from 64% to 48%, while the time to charge until full goes up. The question is, do I just replace the battery on this "dinosaur", or buy an iPad and a bluetooth keyboard? Does anybody use the latter two and have comments? I mostly use google docs for class, as well posting on here and browsing the interwebs. Some Netflix binges as well.

A buddy of mine went that route, and then came right back to using a laptop within a year. Said while it's somewhat practical and fun at first, he's just too conditioned to a lot of what owning an actual PC gives you. Said, believe it or not, he missed having a mouse.

I think my white 2010 Macbook's battery is finally kicking the bucket. It's currently charging and I have watched the battery percentage continue to drop from 64% to 48%, while the time to charge until full goes up. The question is, do I just replace the battery on this "dinosaur", or buy an iPad and a bluetooth keyboard? Does anybody use the latter two and have comments? I mostly use google docs for class, as well posting on here and browsing the interwebs. Some Netflix binges as well.

Get an Air. A tablet isn't for that.

A buddy of mine went that route, and then came right back to using a laptop within a year. Said while it's somewhat practical and fun at first, he's just too conditioned to a lot of what owning an actual PC gives you. Said, believe it or not, he missed having a mouse.

Get an Air. A tablet isn't for that.

I still have my iMac that I got around last Christmas-time, so I definitely have computer access. I also picked up a bluetooth keyboard for my Nexus 7, but it's a weak little thing that isn't particularly good at the basic stuff I mentioned above.

I'll look into the Air or even the new MacBook.

I'm considering looking outside of Apple for a replacement. Lots of interesting Windows 10 laptops on the market.

Only a little nervous having gotten assf##led by Windows 8 and having to restore Windows 7 to save my sanity

Is 10 any good or another disaster?

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Only a little nervous having gotten assf##led by Windows 8 and having to restore Windows 7 to save my sanity

Is 10 any good or another disaster?

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

8 is a shitshow, I was barely able to use my girlfriend's laptop because of the software. I have limited use of 10 with my Dad's all-in-one PC. It's relatively straightforward.