• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #1: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — All Hail Christopher James

Bit too tentative by the Rangers, I get they're trying to feel out Florida, but you can't let a road team come in and dictate the play like that on your home ice. No need to give them so much respect. You're the better fucking team, it's your arena and fans...fucking assert yourself and take this game.

• Bullseye 1

3rd and 4th line useless w Chytle in and Cuylle on the 4th. Huge fucking mistake. Chytle needs to not dress get Rempe on the 4th n get Cuylle back up on the 3rd where he belongs. 

3 minutes ago, hamov glir said:

Panarin looks awful since the game 3 OT goal. Looking like last year's playoff Panarin, trying to make awful cross ice passes instead of taking the opportunity to shoot. Even after scoring 49 goals it's like he still doesn't trust shooting over passing first.

Panarin primary assisted on two goals in Game 6, both by firing pucks at the net. 

One thing that's come to mind is that Bob knows Panarin very well from Columbus, and Bob might have had his number in practice, making Panarin hesitant to shoot.

I was kind of worried about that this series. 

2 minutes ago, Karan said:

Bit too tentative by the Rangers, I get they're trying to feel out Florida, but you can't let a road team come in and dictate the play like that on your home ice. No need to give them so much respect. You're the better fucking team, it's your arena and fans...fucking assert yourself and take this game.

I thought the Rangers carried the play for 15 of those 20 minutes. Despite the ESPN "physicality"  package.

I know shots are 9-5 but we had a post and just missed the net on two other chances. 

"This was a good period ruined by a bad goal."

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

2 minutes ago, Dem said:

3rd and 4th line useless w Chytle in and Cuylle on the 4th. Huge fucking mistake. Chytle needs to not dress get Rempe on the 4th n get Cuylle back up on the 3rd where he belongs. 

The only time I noticed a Rangers line doing anything, it was the 3rd line with Chytil and Kakko cycling along the boards early. They need more of that.

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Rempe

Vesey offers nothing at this point.

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

The only time I noticed a Rangers line doing anything, it was the 3rd line with Chytil and Kakko cycling along the boards early. They need more of that.

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Rempe

Yes and no.

I'd sit Wennberg before Vesey. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Pete said:

Yes and no.

I'd sit Wennberg before Vesey. 

That's fine. Wennberg/Vesey is tomato tomahto for me. Wennberg slight edge because he can play center, but don't really care. Don't need both in there.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Rempe

Chytil holding up and putting down then this would be a very interesting 3rd and 4th. 

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Panthers have hit Trocheck hard a couple of times.

I think you have to start Rempe tomorrow.

Florida has surely done their homework on which key Rangers to injure early in the series, it's obvious what their game plan is. I hope Rempe's the answer but not sure. In the meantime hoping the Rangers keep their heads up and the refs call it down the middle. 

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Goodrow-Wennberg-Rempe

Can't say I remember one reasonable scoring chance w that 3rd line to be honest. Maybe a little possession In the o zone that's about it

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Panarin primary assisted on two goals in Game 6, both by firing pucks at the net. 

One thing that's come to mind is that Bob knows Panarin very well from Columbus, and Bob might have had his number in practice, making Panarin hesitant to shoot.

I was kind of worried about that this series. 

Panarin always seems to score when we play him and Florida though. Think he’ll be okay.

All in all, felt like a feel-out period. They looked better. We need to push back.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Florida has surely done their homework on which key Rangers to injure early in the series, it's obvious what their game plan is. I hope Rempe's the answer but not sure. In the meantime hoping the Rangers keep their heads up and the refs call it down the middle. 

Big mistake not having the kid dressed tonight. I've seen exactly what we all saw coming a multiple concussed guy who's played one game in the last 60 or so was a poor decision

• Keeps it 100 2