• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #1: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — All Hail Christopher James

55 minutes ago, Pete said:

Someone else said they played 1 period of good hockey in the last 4 games? Nah, I don't agree at all. They played one bad game where the flu was an issue.

I do agree, but...

Maybe they should create more "puck luck" to increase its chance of one of them goes in. Otherwise, they may need to worry about "potluck" soon enough...😉

Loosing the close first game of the series isn't the end of the word, just ask Florida. I do believe that they will win the next couple of games and they'll be just fine. 

31 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

More than anything I just hate the way the announcer says his name. He says it with he same disappointment as "Milhouse"

I mean, if all these players were Simpsons characters, Ros would be Milhouse, so that fits.

• LMFAO 2

23 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

You would be correct it is Barry Beck. He started playing for the Rangers in 1979-80.

Last great year for him I believe was 1983-84. That was a very good Rangers team.  Rangers lost to Icelanders 3 games to 2 in OT game 5 in the mosoleum. Barry Beck was injured in game 4 and out for game 5. He was the main reason why the Rangers took the 4 time champs the distance. Just my humble opinion but if Barry Beck doesn’t get injured in game 4 the Rangers would beat the Icelanders and the end their quest for a 5th cup. No worries cause a guy named Mark Messier took care of that shit in the SCF.  

LGR!! 

Story time:  My best friend in Caldwell NJ jumped on the Islander bandwagon as soon as they started winning.  We literally would check each other into the walls during those NYR-NYI playoff games. My Dad would come up and break us up and send his ass home  I began my hatred of the Islanders then, I was like 18.  He would laugh his ass off as Clark Gillies would rag-doll Barry just about every series.   I mean classic fights leaving both a bloody pulp (usually BB).  Those MFers beat our asses every year.   Offered to fly my dick head friend from Cali with tickets in hand for the Stadium series in February and he f-ing bagged out.   Typical, d-bag islanders fan.

LGR - First time we're behind in series. So what.   Now we show our mettle !  I believe.

2 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

I do agree, but...

Maybe they should create more "puck luck" to increase its chance of one of them goes in. Otherwise, they may need to worry about "potluck" soon enough...😉

Loosing the close first game of the series isn't the end of the word, just ask Florida. I do believe that they will win the next couple of games and they'll be just fine. 

Lundqvist said it best on MSG after the game the Rangers were in it up until the very end … only a 1 goal game .. 

he said it’s not really 3-0. Rangers need to make some minor adjustments and come out Friday and execute… he did not sense panic … 

• Phil unpinned this topic
21 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

Story time:  My best friend in Caldwell NJ jumped on the Islander bandwagon as soon as they started winning.  We literally would check each other into the walls during those NYR-NYI playoff games. My Dad would come up and break us up and send his ass home  I began my hatred of the Islanders then, I was like 18.  He would laugh his ass off as Clark Gillies would rag-doll Barry just about every series.   I mean classic fights leaving both a bloody pulp (usually BB).  Those MFers beat our asses every year.   Offered to fly my dick head friend from Cali with tickets in hand for the Stadium series in February and he f-ing bagged out.   Typical, d-bag islanders fan.

LGR - First time we're behind in series. So what.   Now we show our mettle !  I believe.

That’s hilarious dude! We got back at the Icelanders in 90 and 94 though. They have sucked the dogs ass since 83-84. Some times good —very good but shitty otherwise… they had a good team a couple of years ago … 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Lundqvist said it best on MSG after the game the Rangers were in it up until the very end … only a 1 goal game .. 

he said it’s not really 3-0. Rangers need to make some minor adjustments and come out Friday and execute… he did not sense panic … 

And he's absolutely right.

Last night there was obviously a lot of disappointment in the result. A lot of that probably came from sitting around for 5 days and getting excited to finally get the ECF going. But taking a step back this morning and looking at the game in isolation, it was no where near as bad as Game 5. In that game the Rangers were completely MIA and stifled. That wasn't the case last night as they were actually ahead in terms of scoring chances and xGF. 

Ultimately this was 1-0 game for ~57 minutes, and to me there were 3 main factors that led to the loss.

- Uncharacteristically soft goal given up by Shesty and weird misplay on the 2nd goal

- PP just didn't click in the limited opportunity they had

- Just couldn't execute on some really glorious scoring chances (how many odd man rushes and posts did they hit?)

You take any of those out of the equation, and I think the Rangers are winning Game 1, as it's not like Florida piled on a shit ton of goals.

And IMO the chances of all 3 of those re-occurring have got to be very low. So with a few adjustments, the Rangers should be very well placed to tie this series up on Friday. 

Edited by Karan

10 minutes ago, Karan said:

Last night there was obviously a lot of disappointment in the result. A lot of that probably came from sitting around for 5 days and getting excited to finally get the ECF going. But taking a step back this morning and looking at the game in isolation, it was no where near as bad as Game 5. In that game the Rangers were completely MIA and stifled. That wasn't the case last night as they were actually ahead in terms of scoring chances and xGF. 

Ultimately this was 1-0 game for ~57 minutes, and to me there were 3 main factors that led to the loss.

- Uncharacteristically soft goal given up by Shesty and weird misplay on the 2nd goal

- Just couldn't execute on some really glorious scoring chances (how many odd man rushes and posts did they hit?)

You take any of those out of the equation, and I think the Rangers are winning Game 1, as it's not like Florida piled on a shit ton of goals.

And IMO the chances of all 3 of those re-occurring have got to be very low. So with a few adjustments, the Rangers should be very well placed to tie this series up on Friday. 

Are you Lavvy?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Yeah shesty played that 2nd goal poorly… love the guy but he gets to risky at times with the puck… he’s unbelievable making those long passes… last night wasn’t a pass it was an attempted poor clearing and it cost him… 

im not taking anything away from Florida they are a great team no doubt. But so are the rangers. They played shitty and still almost tied it late.. 2 missed breakaways we cash on .. different result… I can’t see the Rangers getting hammered here… I think Rangers will win tomorrow night.. take game 3 on Sunday for a 2-1 games lead… after that I’ll have a better understanding of where our Rangers stand… Chytil unfortunately doesn’t seem to flow.. he’s been out for 6 plus months.. hope he’s healthy … would like to see Rempe even if it’s for 4-6 minutes … the kid gets the team and the garden rocking… 

LGR 

Posted (edited)

He was trying to make a play and then realized how quick the Florida player got on him, few seconds later it’s in the net, it was stupid and unfortunate

And maybe we should give Chytil another game before judging.  The whole team was crap last night.

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

Posted (edited)

I’m concerned if the attitude in the Rangers locker room is that it was just a one goal game. There are many one goal games that really aren’t that close. The Rangers need to play with more urgency and adjust their gameplan. If they think they can approach the series how they just did “because it was a one goal game and they just need a couple bounces next time out”, they’re in big trouble.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • LMFAO 1

By the way I dont know if this was shown or mentioned yesterday but the NYR brought back Derrick Brassard to MSG along with MDZ, did Brassard retire? Weird that they would bring him back to MSG for an acknowledgment if he’s still an active player. 

7 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’m concerned if the attitude in the Rangers locker room is that it was just a one goal game. There are many one goal games that really aren’t that close. The Rangers need to play with more urgency and adjust their gameplan. If they think they can approach the series how they just did “because it was a one goal game and they just need a couple bounces next time out”, they’re in big trouble.

Panthers in 4 is what i see. Rangers are outmatched 

• LMFAO 1

15 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

forget it, he’s rolling 

When the going gets tough..................................................................

Not saying this is what happened but the Rangers saw Kreider take over game 6 and deliver the win.

Then it appears they all waited for somebody else to take over game 1.

They need to all be the guy game 2 or we're going to wind up waiting for Florida to make that question moot.