• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #5: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Hurrican't

1 hour ago, RangersLEETCH said:

I hope the Rangers can end it tonight Ozzy. I hope Chytil can play. I hope Rempe can play. I hope the Breadman finds his game again. I hope IGOR shuts the Hurricanes down. I hope the crowd get the Rangers going. I hope the Rangers come right out of the gate and score within the first couple of minutes of the game. I hope they finish!!! 
LGR!!!!!

We got 'em Big Ed....tonight we close the books on the pests!

• Believe 1

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Dan O'Rourke / Francois St. Laurent are the refs tonight

The Canes went 9-0-1 this season under tonight’s refs, combined; the Rangers were 6-1-0. 

Carolina is undefeated over the past two seasons under referee Francois St. Laurent (10-0-1, including playoff games).  The Rangers aren’t far behind, going 9-1-1 over the past three seasons when St. Laurent is officiating.

as long as penalties are called evenly in rangers favor...

3 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Dan O'Rourke / Francois St. Laurent are the refs tonight

The Canes went 9-0-1 this season under tonight’s refs, combined; the Rangers were 6-1-0. 

Carolina is undefeated over the past two seasons under referee Francois St. Laurent (10-0-1, including playoff games).  The Rangers aren’t far behind, going 9-1-1 over the past three seasons when St. Laurent is officiating.

My bigger takeaway from their numbers is that the Home Win % is 74% under O'Rourke and 59% under St. Laurent. All it takes is one PP in the Rangers favor to swing a game.

Posted (edited)

Molly Walker- How Rempe is Dealing With Rangers Benching During Playoff Run

Matt Rempe took the NHL by storm, but now the 6-foot-8 ½ forward has had to watch the Rangers brave the Hurricanes without him. 

Serving as a healthy scratch the last two games, and slated to do so again in Game 5 on Monday night at Madison Square Garden, Rempe is still soaking up every bit of his first NHL playoff experience. 

Smells like more Brodzinski, my least favorite option.

Regardless of who plays just get the win, that's all that matters.

Edited by Scott

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

Why did they ever put Rempe in the lineup if Brodzinski is a better option? Wierd.

They were probably riding it but it’s obvious that the refs have their eye on him and it’s also obvious what he lacks, and that is easier for Carolina to expose at home with the last change.

13 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Rangers Money line is -105 right now. that is a straight up insult. Canes are -115 too. somehow the betting favorite despite us having been up 3-0 in the series and Carolina barely scrapnig by to avoid a sweep

We will not be favored against the Panthers if we get to the next round or Dallas after that.  Relish the disrespect or put some money down and relish it even more

25 minutes ago, CanesFanRandy said:

Canes send it back to Raleigh tonight!

Hate to break it to ya, my man....but you guys were lucky to get 1 in this.

We'll try and make it less painful tonight with 3 in the first for ya.  😉

54 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Rangers Money line is -105 right now. that is a straight up insult. Canes are -115 too. somehow the betting favorite despite us having been up 3-0 in the series and Carolina barely scrapnig by to avoid a sweep

It's probably an accurate indicator of where the money is flowing right now.

40 minutes ago, CanesFanRandy said:

Canes send it back to Raleigh tonight!

Yes, directly back to Raleigh for breakup day, exit interviews, and Rod's new job.