• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

There’s a better case to be upset with Rempe out for Brodzinski. I’m not sure about it. I suppose they still don’t need what Rempe brings right now, and Brodzinski is a better chance for some offense, but I dunno. It’s a lot closer than doing it for Chytil.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

The no Rempe experience should end and he should be back bringing the much needed energy.  Both games he did not play the team came out slow.  I believe his biggest asset is getting the into the game that first shift he’s out there.

• Applause 1

24 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

There were many many many games he played that they came out slow.  

I don’t understand the overwhelming desire to see this guy in the lineup.

Yes, he has his virtues and value. He brings size, energy, and physicality… and he’s potted a couple too.

But he plays 6 minutes a night, doesn’t see the ice after the 2nd period, you have to shelter him and watch the matchups he sees like crazy, and he gets called for penalties a lot.

Kid has a future in the NHL IMO. But right now he’s 21 with limited experience and too many things working against him to play him every night. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

We need a 4th line player that plays 5 minutes a night to bring energy to a building in a playoff game?  Especially an elimination game?

I’m not bashing the kid but people act like him being out of the lineup is why they lost, when it couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Game 1 - 1 goal game

Game 2 - 1 goal OT game

Game 3 - 1 goal OT game

Game 4 - 1 goal game

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski
  • LMFAO 1

14 minutes ago, Valriera said:

It’s because at home he brings energy to the building nobody else can and the team uses that to win it is not complicated 

I get it for Game 5 at home.

Thats not lost on me.

But the cries about pulling him out of the lineup and insistence that he be in it every game are misplaced.

• Applause 1

15 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I get it for Game 5 at home.

Thats not lost on me.

But the cries about pulling him out of the lineup and insistence that he be in it every game are misplaced.

Agreed

• Cheers 1

There’s arguments to both sides about Rempe playing or not and I understand both of them.  But, 8-7 record without him in the lineup should be speak loudly in my opinion.  There’s an intangible to him playing that really is hard to fathom or explain.  Doesn’t matter if he plays less than a minute or 6 minutes.  

• Applause 1

22 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

There’s arguments to both sides about Rempe playing or not and I understand both of them.  But, 8-7 record without him in the lineup should be speak loudly in my opinion.  There’s an intangible to him playing that really is hard to fathom or explain.  Doesn’t matter if he plays less than a minute or 6 minutes.  

Listen… kid brings sone things. Some very good things.

No one can deny that. 

But as you go deeper in the playoffs, play teams that are better and deeper, and all that comes with that, his negatives start to neutralize, and potentially outweigh his positives.

Thats all.

At home, where you can more easily control matchups, it’s the right way to go I think.

57 minutes ago, Valriera said:

It’s because at home he brings energy to the building nobody else can and the team uses that to win it is not complicated 

And that's all a nice little side story, but the fact is the team doesn't need a fourth line grinder to win games. 

It's not that complicated. 

26 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

With all due respect, it's not difficult to explain. It's a small sample size of coincidence. 

Nobody can point directly to what he does, and we all know that he barely plays and gets kicked out of some of the games we won when he "dressed".

More than likely it's that he dresses against teams that aren't that good and doesn't dress against better teams, hence the record. 

I'm not gonna go back and look though. Maybe later. 

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Listen… kid brings sone things. Some very good things.

No one can deny that. 

But as you go deeper in the playoffs, play teams that are better and deeper, and all that comes with that, his negatives start to neutralize, and potentially outweigh his positives.

Thats all.

At home, where you can more easily control matchups, it’s the right way to go I think.

Can’t say I disagree with you but again only 8-7 when he doesn’t play.  We can only surmise what playing or not playing him would do in the future.  Again there’s an element to him playing that’s unexplainable to what it means to the team.  There’s too big a gap in the record with and without him to not be considered.  At home where you can control the matchups should be a no brainer to play him in my opinion.  On the road is the real debate.   

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Can’t say I disagree with you but again only 8-7 when he doesn’t play.  We can only surmise what playing or not playing him would do in the future.  Again there’s an element to him playing that’s unexplainable to what it means to the team.  There’s too big a gap in the record with and without him to not be considered.  At home where you can control the matchups should be a no brainer to play him in my opinion.  On the road is the real debate.   

Yeah… I get the point about the record.

Its a valid point to make.

I just don’t know though how anyone could:

A) Quantify his impact in those games 

B) Put a lot of stock in it given how few minutes he actually plays and the fact that in any game that’s close or of big importance he won’t even see the ice in the 3rd period and beyond.

And again….

I am in no way knocking the kid. 
It’s just that he’s very young. Has so little experience. At this point, what he brings and can actually do and be trusted with is a very, very small number of things. 

I think he can absolutely evolve into someone that can play a niche, 4th line type role in the NHL moving forward

And he’s shown enough and been impactful enough to where he’s earned the opportunity at this point.

And I think there are some areas of the game that he can improve upon to cement the above for himself.

Hes just not at that point now

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

You know I've said this forever so I agree.

I went and looked at his game log and it's littered with wins against CBJ, PHI, NYI, NJ, STL, MTL, OTT...These are not good teams.

Look man if Canes fans were on this forum and saw us arguing over how a 5:00 4th liner was the key to winning...Come on man. Let's be real.

Rangers record before Rempe was .676. After it was .704, and that's with Rempe sitting some. That's not a discernable difference. 

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You know I've said this forever so I agree.

I went and looked at his game log and it's littered with wins against CBJ, PHI, NYI, NJ, STL, MTL, OTT...These are not good teams.

Look man if Canes fans were on this forum and saw us arguing over how a 5:00 4th liner was the key to winning...Come on man. Let's be real.

They also lost against the Islanders and Philly without him in the lineup and looked like total balls in both the games.  
It’s definitely silly to be arguing so much about a 6 minute or less a game player but there’s a weird dynamic about him playing.  There’s 1 way for the arguments to stop and that’s them winning without him which they haven’t been able to do enough.  

4 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

They also lost against the Islanders and Philly without him in the lineup and looked like total balls in both the games.  
It’s definitely silly to be arguing so much about a 6 minute or less a game player but there’s a weird dynamic about him playing.  There’s 1 way for the arguments to stop and that’s them winning without him which they haven’t been able to do enough.  

They looked like ass in the Stadium Series where he played! They needed a 3P comeback and PPs to win! What did he have to do with that after his one fight in the opening minutes where they then proceeded to start losing?

The record is smoke and mirrors man.

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

They looked like ass in the Stadium Series where he played! They needed a 3P comeback and PPs to win! What did he have to do with that after his one fight in the opening minutes where they then proceeded to start losing?

The record is smoke and mirrors man.

It may very well be smoke and mirrors but the only way to prove it is win without him which they haven’t consistently done.  

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

It may very well be smoke and mirrors but the only way to prove it is win without him which they haven’t consistently done.  

Except for the whole season before he was called up? And the games he got tossed from?

Edited by Pete

Posted (edited)

I don’t think absence of Rempe last game was the reason why we lost. To me the reason was not-so-good defense and inability to win battles along the boards. On top of all everything that played in our favor first 3 games ie pk and pp let us down. 

Edited by Art20c

2 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

I don’t understand the overwhelming desire to see this guy in the lineup.

Yes, he has his virtues and value. He brings size, energy, and physicality… and he’s potted a couple too.

But he plays 6 minutes a night, doesn’t see the ice after the 2nd period, you have to shelter him and watch the matchups he sees like crazy, and he gets called for penalties a lot.

Kid has a future in the NHL IMO. But right now he’s 21 with limited experience and too many things working against him to play him every night. 

Rempe affects the game on the ice from his seat on the bench.

That's not true for most guys who are in the role but he creates a genuine fear in the opposing team just by his presence and he and Goodrow chirp really well together from the end of the bench.