• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

PP goals.  What's this got to do with Rempe? 

Pure nonsense.  The whole team plays better with him in the line up, you just won't admit it to yourself.  

• Keeps it 100 1

Chytil played well, but can someone smarter than me comment on this: how did the 3rd and 4th line lines look/play?

5 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

No offense but I began reading this and early on realized I couldn’t keep track and then stopped.

I bet I stopped reading before you. 

7 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Sound reasoning

Very. 

Last change means they get Aho's line out all night vs the 4th and that's a nightmare scenario for Rempe. 

• LMFAO 1

Listen guys, I'm probably one of the biggest advocates of Rempe there is.  I love the kid...BUT

We're not used to having a coach like Laviolette.  This guy knows how to deploy his weapons!  He knows what to do, when to do it, and when NOT TO!  I trust him and his judgement with this lineup 100%.

As much as I wanna see the Remper be in there to take part in this, I absolutely LOVED seeing Fil the Thrill almost pull a rabbit out of his hat on the semi-breakaway in the 2nd period.

Basically, whatever Lavvy decides is right, I'm fucking rolling with every single night with this team! 

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Sound reasoning

Most of us reasonably trusted that Laviolette would play the lineup he wanted most nights. As I said before, I'll trust in who Lavy dresses and when until there is reason to doubt it. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

If we lose tomorrow he will be back for game 5 at the garden. He’s the right choice at home as long as he continues to be effective in limited minutes and the crowd continues to feed off him, both of which are still true. Just not on the road where there is no crowd to feed off of him and he will get bad matchups.

At this point, seeing Chytil on the ice might have a similar crowd reaction to Rempe.

Again, I will repeat, I love Rempe. But he's not an everyday player and probably never will be. And that's fine. But let's not bitch and moan every time he sits like the team is somehow worse for it.

We have all been talking about Chytil's career potentially being over at various points this season. To see him on the ice is an awesome rallying point. I was kind of surprised to see the focus being on Rempe losing his 6 minutes a game, overshadowing Chytil's unlikely comeback this year.

• The Chyt! 2

Re: Chytil's comeback: Kreider literally said it provided a jolt in the locker room and Vali offered the same sentiments in the post game. I think you roll with Chytil in place of Rempe unless there's an injury. And even then, you have to wonder if Brodzinski doesn't get some ice time. 

Just now, phillyb said:

Re: Chytil's comeback: Kreider literally said it provided a jolt in the locker room and Vali offered the same sentiments in the post game. I think you roll with Chytil in place of Rempe unless there's an injury. And even then, you have to wonder if Brodzinski doesn't get some ice time. 

Funny part about the Kreider quote is that they didn't play like it gave them a jolt in the first period.  They started to put it together when they scored short handed.

I think I dig Lavvy's idea during his presser;  it was something along the lines of getting the matchups he wanted while on the road. 

That's coach's thinking, and not "fan thinking".  I think I'll roll with Lavvy's choices.  I think he's got our backs on this one.  We have plenty of years to watch Rempe, and I bet we haven't seen the last of him in these playoffs anyway.

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think I dig Lavvy's idea during his presser;  it was something along the lines of getting the matchups he wanted while on the road. 

That's coach's thinking, and not "fan thinking".  I think I'll roll with Lavvy's choices.  I think he's got our backs on this one.  We have plenty of years to watch Rempe, and I bet we haven't seen the last of him in these playoffs anyway.

Absolutely. Just imagine next year, with both Rempe and Edstrom on the 4th line. Monsters!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Absolutely. Just imagine next year, with both Rempe and Edstrom on the 4th line. Monsters!

With a training camp and some weight room time in the off season, those guys will be tougher!  I like Edstrom's board work...guy's a beast!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

With a training camp and some weight room time in the off season, those guys will be tougher!  I like Edstrom's board work...guy's a beast!

The Twin Towers, crushing opponents left and right. I can't wait lol

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Now if he only would adjust who he employs on PP unit 2 he would've been up for the Jack Adams.

28 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Now if he only would adjust who he employs on PP unit 2 he would've been up for the Jack Adams.

Wait...we have a PP2???  😉

I thought that was the ice follies! 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

100%, this coach knows what he's doing. 

On the other hand we still have fans complaining Rempe didn't play, when Chytil almost won the game twice single-handedly, and after the initial shenanigans that settled itself very quickly, he would have been completely useless out there. 

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

100%, this coach knows what he's doing. 

On the other hand we still have fans complaining Rempe didn't play, when Chytil almost won the game twice single-handedly, and after the initial shenanigans that settled itself very quickly, he would have been completely useless out there. 

I think you mentioned this a few days ago, Pete.  The matchups on the road is where Chytil would be more useful.  Plus Rempe gets the Home crows amped up.  As much as we all pretty much love Rempe, it's probably a good thing we tried Chytil in this series.

I think I speak for a lot of us that held our breathe when he falls or if a fly farts out there, but he looked pretty good for a guy who's missed 7 months of action.  He looks like a fat kid in a bakery in those post game interviews too.  I'm really happy to see he's symptom free.  I had questioned it before that, but I only play doctor with the ladies...not in real life!  😉

I think now that it looks like we can put Chytil in there against "higher-flying" matchups, that might even be best for looking down the road for a Western Conference matchup for the big prize!  Here's hoping, homie!!!

• Applause 1

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think you mentioned this a few days ago, Pete.  The matchups on the road is where Chytil would be more useful.  Plus Rempe gets the Home crows amped up.  As much as we all pretty much love Rempe, it's probably a good thing we tried Chytil in this series.

I think I speak for a lot of us that held our breathe when he falls or if a fly farts out there, but he looked pretty good for a guy who's missed 7 months of action.  He looks like a fat kid in a bakery in those post game interviews too.  I'm really happy to see he's symptom free.  I had questioned it before that, but I only play doctor with the ladies...not in real life!  😉

I think now that it looks like we can put Chytil in there against "higher-flying" matchups, that might even be best for looking down the road for a Western Conference matchup for the big prize!  Here's hoping, homie!!!

Michael Jordan Lol GIF