• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECSF #1: Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Cry

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Valriera said:

If I were the rangers I would not change a single thing. Just keep energy and intensity up. 

Agreed.  We’ve seen much worse second periods from the Rangers in their season with nice wins…keep going.

If we get another one quick, it's a real tall order to get 3 against Igor and this D. What I would very much like to avoid, however, is a 20 minute PK, which is what I feel is probably gonna happen. Canes were doing what they do best at the end there. Constant possession, pressure and forechecking with near-miraculous keep-ins on clearing attempts. 20 minutes of that is asking for trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

time in the offensive zone has no meaning if you don't get any shots on goal, or goals.  Canes had 6 shots in 1st, 6 shots in 2nd.  Ranger defense is smothering them all over the ice.  Kreider must have been saving his energy over 82 games for the playoffs!  He's playing solid and fast hockey in my opinion.  Waiting for Panarin to kick it in.  Four lines rolling!  Let's see how hard the Canes come out.  Remember they beat the Islanders in the last 3 minutes of a playoff game with 3 goals in 80 seconds.  My glass is half full though - the sooner they dispatch the Canes the better.  Nothing beats rest in the middle of the playoffs...

4 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

If we get another one quick, it's a real tall order to get 3 against Igor and this D. What I would very much like to avoid, however, is a 20 minute PK, which is what I feel is probably gonna happen. Canes were doing what they do best at the end there. Constant possession, pressure and forechecking with near-miraculous keep-ins on clearing attempts. 20 minutes of that is asking for trouble. 

We know that's what's going to happen. Now we just pray. lol At least they're up by two.

• LOL 1
  • Believe 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

We know that's what's going to happen. Now we just pray. lol At least they're up by two.

Yea they never play all 3 and they just played 2 good ones so…

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

15 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Igor and a tight-checking defense is a really tough combo at this point in the season.

D is doing a great job keeping the canes to the outside n limiting slot chances. Igor is playing extremely well for sure. Close this shit out boys

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

14 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Garden is rocking.

looking forward to see Tony D get a beat down at some point. 

I want to see someone beat the F out of stall personally.