• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes — Round Two General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

They haven't sucked for 2 games though, have they? They had a bad period in Game 4 and blew the doors off Carolina the rest of the game. They sucked in Game 5. They've been very good all playoffs, otherwise.

People are acting like G5 is standard. It was a very out-of-character game for this team. And that's what's so shocking and making people irritated.

It may be PTSD from last year, which I understand. Until this group proves they can stand up to adversity in the playoffs, those questions are going to exist unfortunately. If they come out swinging tomorrow and deliver a knockout blow to a Hurricanes team that most of the hockey world orgasms over seemingly daily, that would go a long way in silencing the doubters; some of which exist in this fanbase.

Need to jump out the way we did in Game 1 and really have them chasing.

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It may be PTSD from last year, which I understand. Until this group proves they can stand up to adversity in the playoffs, those questions are going to exist unfortunately. If they come out swinging tomorrow and deliver a knockout blow to a Hurricanes team that most of the hockey world orgasms over seemingly daily, that would go a long way in silencing the doubters; some of which exist in this fanbase.

I understand the doubt.

But this is a team that’s responded well to that all year.

Be hopeful.

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I might be the only 1 on here who's glad the game is tomorrow.  I have my first game of the finals tonight at 8:00.

Mongolian Dick Wrestling Finals?

World Series of Cock Fighting?

Help me out here.

To paraphrase Sean Avery, big a dick as he may be; the Rangers have way more somebodies than the Canes. And spare a shit 30+ minutes Monday night,they've played pretty well.  They're gonna show up tomorrow night. They've had those 2022/23 flashbacks all season from time to time, but they always straightened it out. 

• Bullseye 1

30 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I might be the only 1 on here who's glad the game is tomorrow.  I have my first game of the finals tonight at 8:00.

Im glad the game is tomorrow, lets it stew for the Rangers an extra day 

• Applause 1

56 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but fucks sake - this is the VERY FIRST adversity they faced, and even now, ii's barely adversity. Losing game 4 isn't adversity - they got unlucky and it happens. In game 5, they held off a VERY desperate team for 43 minutes and then finally gave way. 

They lost two games of 5 in a best of 7 so far. They're not trying to rally from 2-0 or 3-0, their backs aren't against the wall, and even now,  there is room for error. Now, they shouldn't be THINKING that way, but it is all true. They built a cushion, and while rest is an asset, so is the 3-0 lead.

Carolina still has the far more difficult task of winning two, including a game 7 at MSG. The Rangers have been put on notice that Carolina can in fact step it up and win games. it's on the Rangers to show that there's another level to them too, and it's enough to send the Canes packing.

• Believe 1

It's hard to overlook it took them 3 OT periods to win two games.  Those games certainly could of gone either way. Thankfully we won both, I think the two teams are evenly matched as a whole in this series. I don't think we should be overconfident as if it was just a matter of us slipping up in a couple periods in the last two games. The canes have been right there all along.  Hoping for us to play their best game tomorrow night , take the W and not going to a toss up game 7.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I close the book on last year in July. 

This is not the same team as last year. Hell, this isn't even the same team as October. 

That doesn't mean anything is guaranteed, and I would certainly melt this team down if they fail, but I don't see the point in pointing at last year's roster. There were several other guys who were responsible for that collapse who are no longer here. 

So we move on and we wait to see what happens tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I close the book on last year in July. 

This is not the same team as last year. Hell, this isn't even the same team as October. 

That doesn't mean anything is guaranteed, and I would certainly melt this team down if they fail, but I don't see the point in pointing at last year's roster. There were several other guys who were responsible for that collapse who are no longer here. 

So we move on and we wait to see what happens tomorrow.

For sure. Tomorrow is a good test. This was never going to be 16-0, Cup. Adversity is good. This is facing some for the first time these playoffs.

Lets see how they respond.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 1

I'm starting Quick tomorrow if I'm Lavi. They play extra tight D with Quickie in net and it could be the boost to get over this mountain. Give Shesty the extra couple days either way.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I'm starting Quick tomorrow if I'm Lavi. They play extra tight D with Quickie in net and it could be the boost to get over this mountain. Give Shesty the extra couple days either way.

I’m not trying to shit on your opinion, because I got love for you my dude. So please don’t take this personally!

There is absolutely zero chance of that happening. We are a game from the Eastern Conference Final. Igor Shesterkin has been beyond locked in since the ASG. He has easily been the best goalie in the playoffs. He’s arguably the best in the league when he’s on. And he’s done nothing to have anyone take the net away from him.

Barring injury, Igor will play every game the rest of the way. As he should. Not even a debate IMO.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 4

Posted (edited)

Colorado about to force a Game 6.

That means:

The Rangers need to go to Carolina for a Game 6 they didn’t want.

The Panthers needs to go to Boston for a Game 6 they didn’t want.

The Stars needs to go to Colorado for a Game 6 they didn’t want.

Edmonton and Vancouver are going to a Game 6 regardless of anything.

My point: all these teams are going to Game 6’s, most of whom had the chance to slay the dragon at home in Game 5. And they didn’t. We ain’t alone here.

The 8 teams left are all monsters. And it’s going to take a massive punch to knock any of them out.

But, it’s coming.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 2

36 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

28 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m not trying to shit on your opinion, because I got love for you my dude. So please don’t take this personally!

There is absolutely zero chance of that happening. We are a game from the Eastern Conference Final. Igor Shesterkin has been beyond locked in since the ASG. He has easily been the best goalie in the playoffs. He’s arguably the best in the league when he’s on. And he’s done nothing to have anyone take the net away from him.

Barring injury, Igor will play every game the rest of the way. As he should. Not even a debate IMO.

Nah guys let's just call this what it is. Igor's not the problem. What the fuck have we reduced ourselves to?

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Nah guys let's just call this what it is. Igor's not the problem. What the fuck have we reduced ourselves to?

Yeah, it’s not January. It’s the playoffs. You aren’t yanking Igor looking for rest or motivation. You’re riding your horse. Hopefully all the way to the finish line.

Its Game Day. Biggest one yet. Lets strap one the fuck on boys. And lets fucking go!

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

To paraphrase Sean Avery, big a dick as he may be; the Rangers have way more somebodies than the Canes. And spare a shit 30+ minutes Monday night,they've played pretty well.  They're gonna show up tomorrow night. They've had those 2022/23 flashbacks all season from time to time, but they always straightened it out. 

Link to Avery rant: https://x.com/nyrfanatic/status/1790727830495457673?s=46&t=vLnjOm81oMnIgmypFEuYAw

• Bullseye 1